• Murphy’s Resolutions for 2013

January 4, 2013

One of my Twitter friends shared this link with me about a pug’s New Year’s Resolutions. It was an adorable post, so I asked Murphy if he had any of his own resolutions for 2013. Here’s what he came up with!

Practice yoga (doga?) daily

_MG_0201 (640x426)

Help around the house

_MG_7590 (640x426)

Stop eating in the car

IMG_1647

Spend more time with family

_MG_5853 (640x426)

Start Monday mornings more upbeat

IMG_2071 (750x562)

Bark less, listen more

_MG_4689

Be less dramatic

IMG_0090 (600x800)-2

Try to enjoy winter

Stop eating peanut butter straight from the jar

Don’t drive angry (Groundhog Day anyone?)

Give Mom and Dad kisses daily

Murphy definitely has his work cut out for him this year. I hope he can stick to all of those resolutions. He’s one ambitious pug!

Now onto yesterday’s eats!

Lunch

Lunch was leftover chicken, broccoli, and feta pizza on a cauliflower crust. I wasn’t sure how the leftovers would hold up, but they tasted delicious—not soggy and full of flavor!

008

After lunch, I helped myself to small handful of Brookside dark chocolate-covered Goji berries. They tasted so amazing (I highly recommend storing them in the refrigerator), one handful turned into two… and then two turned into three.

010

I seriously could have eaten the entire bag, but I stopped myself by substituting another sweet food (a clementine). I figure my body was craving something sweet, so I might as well give it some nutrients too. Plus, switching in a healthy alternative stopped me before I finished off the bag.

012

Dinner

Steak with mushroom sauce and cauliflower puree was on the menu for dinner, and thanks to Wednesday’s mini cook-up, all I had to do was prepare the steak and mushrooms, which took no time at all. I love it when dinner comes together quickly and easily like this.

030

After dinner, I thought about eating more of the dark chocolate-covered Goji berries, but I figured a treat with a wrapper would be a better option. It’s easier for me to eat just one chocolate when it’s individually packaged instead of going back over and over again to an open bag.

034

What would one of your pet’s resolutions be for the new year?

P.S. My friend Theodora will be in Cosmo next month!

Kerry @ Totes My Oats January 4, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Hahah this post made me laugh! Love it!

Julie January 4, 2013 at 5:04 pm

This is such a hilarious post. I love Murphy in that peanut butter jar!

Sharisse January 4, 2013 at 5:54 pm

I don’t have a pet (yet), but those pictures are priceless! Loved reading about Murphy’s resolutions.

Chrissy January 4, 2013 at 6:03 pm

I love Murphy posts. They are the best :) And he is the MOST photogenic dog I have ever seen! My favorite was “be less dramatic”. I laughed out loud!

Leslie January 4, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Hah! You take the funniest pictures of him! One of my dogs knows when I am about to snap her pic, she always turns her head or stops what she is doing!

Karey @ Nutty About Health January 4, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Murphy’s resolutions are adorable!!! Great post, it really put a smile on my face, thanks! My dog’s resolution would probably be to stop licking her privates. LOL!

Rachel January 4, 2013 at 6:44 pm

I’m bad with chocolate. I eat the Lindt stuff (85 or 90%). But I eat it EVERY night ( 40 grams = 4 squares or if I restrain myself then 30 grams 3 squares.).

I tend to eat a LOt of fish too (I notice you not so much). But I’m also bad with huge huge portion sizes. My family gets the “wild salmon” from Costco (I hope its “real” fish with no added ingredients, I didn’t see the bag with the label) but anyway, their fillets are in individual baggies for one person. WeLL, they are ginormous, like 10 ounces per fillet. And I’ll bake it and of course half way through I’m StuFFED , but I have this problem with salmon….no matter how stuffed I am (shoving this giant fish in my body) I can’t stop because “that is the serving of the whole fillet” and I can’t just leave half a fillet there…..especially salmon, which is so oily and filled with flaky, awesome fats and goodness. Of course, my tummy (and bowels) pay for it :(
    But that doesn’t stop me either…an hour later I’ll be eating 5 of those clementines and 40 grams of dark chocolate …honest to God, I don’t make this stuff up :)

Mai January 4, 2013 at 8:02 pm

omg, murphy’s resolutions…cutest post ever.

i have to try that cauliflower crust soon!

Melissa January 4, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Oh my goodness. This is too funny! I can’t get enough if the Murphy posts. He’s adorable!

emily January 4, 2013 at 9:08 pm

This post was so cute! I am always amazed by the great photos you are able to get of Murphy; my dog is the most handsome man in the world (no bias there!) but he photographs like an angry wildebeest.

Katie January 4, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Omg! I was laughing so hard scrolling through Murphy’s resolutions…my husband was looking at me like I was crazy!! Thanks for the good laughs!! Happy Friday!

Vicky January 4, 2013 at 9:40 pm

This is so much fun! I love that picture of Murphy with his chin on the step. I totally feel like that on Monday’s too!
    I tried the cauliflower crust earlier this week, I was so surprised how much I like it. I put the whole cauliflower in the food processor and ended up with 3 cups of “riced” cauliflower, so I put in 2 eggs and I think it was perfect with that extra “1/2″ of an egg. And it fit perfectly in my pizza pan. I’m making it again over the weekend for sure!
    I don’t know what pooch Izzy’s resolution for this year would be, she seems pretty convinced she’s downright perfect.

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 4, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Haha! This is hilarious, especially the peanut butter resolution! ;)

Marty January 4, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Love this post!

Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills January 4, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Sadly, one of my dog’s resolutions is to loose weight. We have her on a diet and have been walking her more now. She weighs a bit tooo much for her breed.

Ellie@Fit for the Soul January 5, 2013 at 12:13 am

oh mannn that picture of M&M with the bark less, listen more is so hilarious. They look like they’re having a serious conversation ;)

Sally - only gluten free baking January 5, 2013 at 3:19 am

Murphy is so cute, I love the stop being dramatic photo. I would hope my cat Coco’s resolutions would be to stop throwing up hairballs all over my driveway. (should of got a dog lol)

Robin January 5, 2013 at 5:12 am

Wow, that’s one ambitious dog! If mine would just try to stop jumping for food (he’s 12 and we worry about his hips), I’d be thrilled!

J @ semplicemente ... J January 5, 2013 at 8:33 am

LOVED this post. So cute. My Dante’s resolution would be to exercise more. No. Actually it would be TO exercise. Lazy, adorable lab.

Kaitlin Welch January 5, 2013 at 10:34 am

I love this the puppy pictures are hysterical!

xx Kait

ChickadeeSays

Jolynn January 5, 2013 at 11:42 am

Omg this is such a cute post!

She Rocks Fitness January 5, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Freaking hilarious! I LOVE IT! One of Kala’s resolutions for 2013 would be to work on her manners after finishing her dinner. She likes to burp quite loudly these days. Finally ground up the cauliflower and cannot wait to eat it up this week!

Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper January 5, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I love any post with the word “Murphy” in the title.
    And I, too, am a fan of dark chocolate covered berries! Trader Joe’s has dark chocolate covered cranberries, which are great.

Debbie Golding January 5, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Murphy is going to be my doga yoga inspiration for 2013. I hadn’t thought about having a little peanut butter while doing the downward dog. Good idea Murphy!

Jinjoo January 5, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Haha.. Funniest post ever! I read this post everday since you posted them and laugh everyday :) I wasn’t a big fan of pugs but since I saw Murphy, I can’t stop loving them! X

Tina January 5, 2013 at 6:31 pm

He seems to have that effect on people! :)

@pluvk January 5, 2013 at 8:25 pm

This is one of the best resolutions post I’ve read! Murphy’s plans for 2013 is one we should ALL follow! :-)

Amanda @KnotLiving January 5, 2013 at 9:41 pm

This is such an awesome post! Murphy has such a little personality-I love it.

Nikki @ The Road to Less Cake January 6, 2013 at 9:21 am

This is so cute! I love Murphy’s new years resolutions.

Denise from Savannah January 6, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Murphy is so special, and it’s so good y’all found each other. Matches made in heaven. Thanks for the hilarity.

Theodora January 6, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Thanks for the shout-out <3

But I think Murphy's resolutions are missing something: take more trips to NYC to hang with Bailey.

Julie @ runninginaskirt January 7, 2013 at 7:21 am

So cute! I laughed out loud and thought about what my dogs resolutions might me. Great post!

dotsie January 7, 2013 at 10:28 am

Murphy is sooo cuuuuute!!! I love when he is included in posts!

Also, you seriously rock for posting the Old Navy Active post…it will help me with two resolutions….to have cute yet AFFORDABLE gear! YAY! Wish I could go shopping now :)

Tina January 7, 2013 at 10:36 am

Yay! Happy shopping! :)

Roz@weightingfor50 January 7, 2013 at 11:41 am

Just catching up on my blog reading. Laughed out loud at this post. Happy New year Tina

Herbivore Triathlete January 8, 2013 at 11:04 am

Love the photos of Murphy! Pugs have such big personalities. My fave is the “stop being so dramatic” picture, hilarious!

Amy@healthyandfitforeal.com January 9, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I think Aspen would say walk more and play out in the snow more! :)