• Motivation for the New Year

January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!!!

How was your New Year’s Eve? Mine was a ton of FUN!

New_Year's_Eve_2013

Mal and I went to a NYE celebration at a local bar that our friend’s family rented out for the evening.

003

CrossFit friends!

004

Kerrie and me!

006

Dance, dance, dance!

010

I behaved myself and only drank two glasses of wine, plus a bunch of pineapple + soda waters, so I peed a million times at the bar last night, but I woke up feeling a-ok this morning and that’s all that matters!

Motivation for the New Year

Want to make 2013 your healthiest year yet? Here’s some motivation from some of my favorite posts!

How I Reached My “Feel Great Weight” & What Worked for Me

How I Beat My Sugar Addiction

How I Get Myself Back on Track

Tricks to Avoid Emotional Eating

How to Lose Weight with a Busy Schedule

Sunday Style: How I Set Myself Up for a Healthy Week

My Meal Planning Process

Q & A: Starting a New Diet and Cravings

Healthy, Travel-friendly Snack and Lunch Ideas

Tips to Curb Late Night Snacking

How to Gain Support While Losing Weight

5 Tips for Goal-Setting Success

My Thoughts on Carbohydrates

Protein Powders I Love

How was your New Year’s Eve?

kim@hungryhealthygirl January 1, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Looks like your NYE was a blast. Mine was pretty low-key, but nice and relaxing. I’ve already been working on my resolution to declutter the house. ;) Have a great day!

Teresa @ www.fitinwoodbine.com January 1, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Love your dress!!!!

Lauren January 1, 2013 at 1:23 pm

What a fun night! Love your dress. :)

Janna @ RantingRose January 1, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for a few years now–it was actually the blog that got me into this whole healthy-living world and inspired me to start my own. I will definitely be reviewing your motivation posts to help me get back on track for my final semester in college! thank you and happy 2013:)

Megan January 1, 2013 at 2:00 pm

where is your dress from? love it!

Tina January 1, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Thanks! Banana Republic! :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace January 1, 2013 at 2:04 pm

What a good time! Your dress is adorable.

Kristina January 1, 2013 at 2:08 pm

I just started reading your blog, and I love your take on everything! I’m looking forward to reading the motivation posts. Happy New Year!

Tina January 1, 2013 at 2:16 pm

So glad you found CNC! :)

Natasha January 1, 2013 at 2:26 pm

My New Year’s Eve was great. I quit drinking at the end of August, not indefinitely, but the mission is for one year (basically Sept-Sept). I’ve been to dinners and bars, open bar events, etc but making it through an 8 hour pub crawl with no alcohol was excellent. We went through 5 bars in Faneuil Hall/Downtown.

Khushboo January 1, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Loce fruit juice spritzers!

Brooke @ BeingVivacious.blogspot.com January 1, 2013 at 2:32 pm

New years was a nice night in for me with the boyfriend.
    This looks like a BLAST though :)

Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well January 1, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Loving the motivation posts. Great reads to get a jump-start! Happy New Year!

Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin January 1, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Looks like a blast! Good thinking on only having a couple drinks. I didn’t do that last night and am definitely not feeling my best today ;)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 1, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Very cute NYE outfit!! :) We didn’t do anything to celebrate here. I was in bed by 10 haha … I’m such a party animal!! ;)

Deanna - Coach Calorie January 1, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Love that dress! Looks like fun. Great compilation of posts, can’t wait to dig in. We had a quiet night at home in pj’s with the kiddos. Tried to convince them that when the ball dropped it was midnight, even though it was only 11 where we were :) We’re old and tired!!

Sara@fitcupcaker January 1, 2013 at 3:16 pm

looks like a great time. we had a blast with some of our close friends!

joelle (on a pink typewriter) January 1, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Love your friend’s dress- super cute!

My NYE was low-key and quiet (I’m recovering from foot surgery), but it was just what I needed. :)

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 1, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Looks like a pretty great New Years. I went to bed at 10:30 and woke up feeling a-ok as well. ;)

Karey @ Nutty About Health January 1, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Looks like you had a great NYE! Glad you awoke feeling good! Me too!! We just had a low-key NYE here at home… homemade pizza & a movie. :) Perfect!

Kerry @ Totes My Oats January 1, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Your dress is beautiful! Glad you had a great night. My NYE was low key but fun!

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige January 1, 2013 at 4:06 pm

It’s not a party unless the heels come off! haha
    I think I have your dress – Banana Republic?

TorontoRunner January 1, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Happy New Year! I’m lovin your outfit!

Shel@PeachyPalate January 1, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I stayed in with the parents, cousins and my grandparents…24 and feeling old but loving it! In my PJs and in bed just after 12. Was great waking up this morning fresh as a daisy for a run! Love the sparkly dress btw! Happy New Year!

Kathleen January 1, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Hey Tina, I started reading your blog a couple months ago but haven’t commented yet. Just wanted to say thanks for posting your motivation list. I hadn’t seen many of the articles and they are all awesome and perfect for getting re-inspired for the new year! Happy New Year!

Tina January 1, 2013 at 7:26 pm
    Heather January 1, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Looks fun! We played Disney monopoly, drank pink champagne, and watched football!

Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit January 1, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Happy New Year, Tina! That’s so awesome that your friend’s family rented out an entire local bar to ring in 2013. How fun! :D

katy January 1, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Looks like a great time!!! Your dress is beautiful!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 1, 2013 at 7:16 pm

There is nothing better than having a super fun night out with friends AND feeling great the next morning. It’s all in moderation! ;)

Danica @ It's Progression January 1, 2013 at 7:26 pm

thanks for sharing your post about getting over a sugar addiction…I’ve been struggling with that for such a long time! It’s a terrible habit.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 1, 2013 at 8:13 pm

what a great night! You look lovely! Happy New Years!

Jen January 1, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Mine was low key also – we stayed in but managed to stay up until midnight. :). My goal was to get to the gym early and I did! I have a tradition of working out every New Year’s Day to set a good tone for the year! I haven’t missed in 5 years now. Superstitious much? Ha.

Chelsea @ CardioandCocktails January 1, 2013 at 10:28 pm

I love your take on the typical NYE recap with the motivational posts! I definitely took a peek at some that I haven’t read before or ones that I didn’t quite remember, what a great way to kick off the new year!

Alicia @NeverEverBeenSkinny January 1, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Looks like you guys had an amazing New Year! I love the motivational posts!

Angela January 2, 2013 at 3:11 am

Sounds like a blast AND you didn’t have a hangover. Win-win in my book. :)

Amy @Macncheesenpeas January 2, 2013 at 9:36 am

looks so fun!! Love your dress!! I would love to rent out a bar for NYE one year. That sounds like such a good idea! :)

Stephanie @ My Freckled Life January 2, 2013 at 9:42 am

Looks like you had a great time! Also, your dress is so adorable! Happy 2013!

Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 2, 2013 at 10:21 am

Great new years! Mine was a little crazy. I definitely did not wake up feeling perky on New Years Day, but hey. Once a year celebrating with champagne and friends? Nothing wrong with that :)

She Rocks Fitness January 2, 2013 at 10:42 am

New Year’s was so-so, but it’s a new day and a new year, so it is time to move forward and not look back. I LOVE your outfit. Why do we even bother wearing heels out, when we always end up taking them off? ;)

Rachel McIntyre January 2, 2013 at 11:00 am

Happy New Year! Having to take your heels off is always a sign of a good party! Thanks for the posts. I really need to beat my sugar addiction and get back on track with my eating! Thank you for the motivation!

Amelia January 2, 2013 at 2:53 pm

A big yay for moderation! It’s well worth it to wake up in the New Year feeling good instead of in the dumpy-dumps.

My family has been hosting a New Year’s Eve party for years and before that my grandparent’s hosted it. It’s low key but fun and a bit sentimental when we all gather to sing Auld Land Syne at midnight. When me, my sister’s and my cousin’s were all young we thought we were so cool – we got to stay up until midnight and get out our best party dresses! Plus, have a sip of champagne at midnight. Now I’m kind of jealous of those who are in bed before midnight. :)

Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper January 2, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Haha, I can commiserate with that photo of heels no longer being on the feet. My feet were SCREAMING at the end of the night on New Year’s Eve! They still hurt from those dang heels!