• CNC Meal Plan: Week of January 6

January 6, 2013

I did my grocery shopping at Fresh Market this week, and I must say: What an awesome supermarket. Here’s just a few reasons why: it’s absolutely gorgeous inside (beautiful hardwood floors), it smells delicious (like freshly baked bread yesterday), the employees are super friendly, there’s a candy department and rows and rows of bulk bins with yummy things like Pumpkin Nog Granola and Peanut Butter Energy Bites, and there’s even free coffee samples, which totally got me while I was shopping. I tried a little bit of the Molten Chocolate coffee with a splash of cream and, holy goodness, it was amazing. I loved it and immediately bought some.

I really should shop at Fresh Market more often. I actually had fun yesterday, and I’m generally not a fan of grocery shopping. Maybe I should add “shop at Fresh Market” to my list of goals for 2013?

Here’s this week’s meal plan:

• Sunday: Homemade pizza

• Broccoli
    • Green beans
    • Almond milk
    • Shredded cheese
    • Bread
    • Oregano
    Items not on my list that I purchased:
    • Molten Chocolate coffee
    • Honey roasted peanut butter
    • Veggie chips

*My shopping list doesn’t include all of the ingredients necessary to make the above meals. For a complete list, please see the individual recipes linked above.

Do you like grocery shopping? How often do you shop with a grocery list? What items not on your list tend to end up in your grocery cart?

Jessica @ Prayers and Apples January 6, 2013 at 10:11 pm

I’m really big on couponing, so I tend to do a lot of planning before I shop! Unfortunately, fresh foods usually aren’t on sale… so I just try to save extra on household things (gotta pinch those pennies where I can! :) ) ..the number one thing I always get when I go to the store in chicken… and whole fruit strawberry sorbet ;) yum!

Katie @ Livehalffull January 6, 2013 at 10:18 pm

I hate grocery shopping, but I’ve come up with a little tradition that’s made it more bearable the past few weeks. I buy myself a latte before shopping! The grocery store that I go to offers almond milk lattes so that’s my little treat as I do my shopping. :)

Dharmender kumar January 7, 2013 at 5:32 am

My goal for 2013 looking healthy.so I’m starting to eat extra food and going for the
    gym :-)

Diana S January 7, 2013 at 7:27 am

Really would rather clean toilets than go food shopping. I have been trying to shopt the outside aisles and stock up on fresh winter veggies for roasting. Also, been buying meat for the week to have meals planned and ready when we don’t have sports. I shop every Sunday, and I always end up with extra cheese and yogurts.

Tina January 7, 2013 at 8:02 am

@Diana S: Haha! I feel that way about grocery shopping too sometimes!

Amanda @KnotLiving January 7, 2013 at 11:56 am

Oh The Fresh Market is amazing!! Their coffee is my favorite-especially the Colombian blend. For a wing-it night in the future you should go buy all the fixin’s there! I’ve done it before and picked up a side dish, fresh baked bread and stuffed chicken along with a single serving of desert for me and my boyfriend. That way all you have to do is bake the chicken! I recommend the spinach-feta stuffed chicken highly!!

Tina January 7, 2013 at 12:21 pm

@Amanda @KnotLiving: That’s an awesome idea! :)

She Rocks Fitness January 7, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I love grocery shopping. Right now I’m working on getting creative and using as much as I can in my fridge, freezer, and pantry before i go to the store again. PS: I made the mashed up cauliflower. AWESOME!

Herbivore Triathlete January 8, 2013 at 11:09 am

I don’t mind grocery shopping, I hate the unpacking and putting the groceries away part when I get home!

Emily January 8, 2013 at 4:58 pm

I wait with anxiety and anticipation for the next time that we’re south of the city so that I can go to Fresh Market. I’ll never forget the first time I went there I just walked around with my mouth open staring at everything. I’m still hoarding coffee in my freezer from a trip to Hingham over 3 months ago. Between Fresh Market and Marylou’s, you guys on the South Shore really have it made.