• Winter Wonderland

December 30, 2012

Good morning! Happy Sunday!

This morning, I woke up to a winter wonderland

001

003

004

And a (rude) pug wake up call.

pugwakeupcall

I was barked at in bed this morning. Apparently, someone was ready to eat breakfast.

Breakfast

After I fed Murphy, I made my own breakfast, which was an egg and cheese sandwich on a Microwaveable English Muffin and a pear on the side.

008

I also drank a glass of decaf iced coffee with almond milk.

009

I ate my egg sandwich and then sliced up the pear. For some reason, I’d much rather eat a pear sliced than bite into it. Maybe it’s because they’re so soft? I guess I don’t like biting into a mushy piece of fruit. I dunno. Is that weird?

013

After Murphy ate his breakfast, he went back to bed, which is just one reason why we call him “Lazy Pants McGee.”

014

Mal woke up a little while later and headed to CrossFit for Open Gym.

025

I really wanted to join him, but I gave myself a nasty rope burn during yesterday’s WOD, so I took a rest day instead.

026

After Mal left, I felt kind of restless, so I decided to paint the mirror on our living room mantel. It has an off-white frame, but our fireplace and its accessories are white, so it’s bothered me for months now.

018

It’s not super noticeable, but if you look closely in the photo below, you’ll see the off-white mirror on the white fireplace. I know, it’s no big deal, but it was an easy fix, so why not, right?

017

Did you notice our new accent wall!?! Mal and I painted our entire living room yesterday, and it turned out so well! We used Valspar “Cinnamon Hotel” on three of the walls and “Milk Chocolate” on the accent wall. Doesn’t our living room sound delicious? We still need to hang stuff on the walls and maybe buy a new couch (?), so I’ll post some pics of the final product soon.

Once I finished my little painting project, I went to see if Murphy was awake yet since it was mid-morning and he still hadn’t gone outside for his walk yet.

022

Rise and shine!

020

The pug is soooo lazy.

019

Eventually, I forced Murphy out of bed and took him for a walk outside in the snow.

029

037

It was sunny and not super cold, so he didn’t mind at all.

031

And I didn’t either. It was actually sort of pretty walking around in the winter wonderland.

030

033

034

035

036

What do you think of snow? Love it? Hate it?

Elizabeth December 30, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I just stumbled across your site last night and I have been reading it ever since! I just love all of your posts and photos! That being said, I live outside of Boston too and waking up to see everything since covered was wonderful since last year winter never came! :)

P.s. You also inspired me to workout this morning and do some kettle bells! :)

Tina December 30, 2012 at 1:12 pm

That’s awesome! So glad you found CNC! :)

Kelly @ Running to Healthy December 30, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Brrr! I feel bad complaining about our “cold” weather in Florida! The snow is gorgeous though (until melty time). I used to live in Chicago and I did enjoy the snow except it doesn’t pair well with heels–ha!

Katie December 30, 2012 at 1:18 pm

I have always hated winter but now live in Southern California (I grew up in Colorado), and when I went home for Xmas, it snowed and I actually appreciated it. I am glad not to have it all the time though.

Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 30, 2012 at 1:19 pm

I love snow! We only got a dusting last night :( I need to slice my pears, too – just can’t bite into them either!

Erika December 30, 2012 at 1:33 pm

I’m not a fan of snow. Especially when I have to park in the street and dig my car out. Which is what I did this morning so I could go to the gym. It was my warm up! Murphy is so cute!! I desperately want a pug of my own. :)

Heather P December 30, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Tina, I love those brown boots you’re wearing in the snow pictures, what kind are they?

I live outside of Atlanta and I’m wondering if we’ll see any snow this year. I would love it!

Tina December 30, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Thanks! They’re UGGs! :)

Fizz @ fizzsbizz December 30, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Love it!! (As long as I don’t have to shovel my car out, that is the worst!!)

Khushboo December 30, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Such pretty snow pics!

Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness December 30, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I wish I loved the snow but I hate it! I am in Boston too and driving home from work last night was treacherous. It is pretty but if I have to go out in it forget it! I’m always dreaming of moving to a warmer climate :)

cait December 30, 2012 at 2:02 pm

love it!!

SarahSom December 30, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Tina, I just moved to Boston this summer and NEED a pair of boots for this snow/winter weather, but am picky about the style (aka I don’t want Uggs). LOVE the look of yours in that photo– are they warm and good in snow? If so, do you mind sharing where you got them?!

Tina December 30, 2012 at 2:17 pm

They’re UGGs! :) I bought them a few years ago, but maybe they still have something similar?

SarahSom December 30, 2012 at 2:21 pm

@Tina: Oh, good to know they have different styles. Thanks!

Kim December 30, 2012 at 2:17 pm

@SarahSom: Yes! Please do share where you got your boots from! I was just about to ask the SAME question :)

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats December 30, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I do like snow, it makes the cold weather more fun! However it can make outdoor running more difficult!

Sarah @PickyRunner December 30, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I love the snow! But not when I have to go outside and run in it. It’s pretty to look at and fun to ski in, but other than that, I could definitely live without!

kristle December 30, 2012 at 2:45 pm

i can’t bite into an apple, they’re too hard for me. i always slice my apples (and eat them with almond butter), but i can bite into pears. the juiciness forces me to slice them too, though!

Kristen@Change of Pace December 30, 2012 at 2:51 pm

The snow is gorgeous!

Jean December 30, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Love, love, love snow! Unfortunately, Anchorage is all melty, rainy, and windy today. I guess you guys got our good weather!

Liz M December 30, 2012 at 3:01 pm

An inch or two of snow = <3
    13" of snow that made me spend half my day off work digging out my car and my usual 15 minute commute to work take an hour the next day = </3

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 30, 2012 at 3:03 pm

What a cute (and lazy ;) ) puppy dog!!

I have mixed thoughts on snow. I love to look at it from inside, but I absolutely hate the cold and wind that is associated with it. I would definitely be sad without at least some snow during the winter time, though.

Jodea @ chillichocolatelove.com December 30, 2012 at 3:34 pm

LOVE snow, but mainly when I don’t have to be somewhere! I totally get what you mean about pears – I really like them but hate when they’re mushy. There’s a very fine line between them being too hard one moment, and then mush the next! A perfectly ripe pear is a rare treat :)

Amy Huff December 30, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Love, love, love it! I’m trying to convince my husband to move somewhere with more snow and seasons. We’re currently in Dallas and I hate missing out on winter.

Becky @ Olives n Wine December 30, 2012 at 3:48 pm

OMG. Murphy is adorable! I can’t get over him – I really want a pug as my second dog :) And I am the same way with pears… too mushy for me! Have a wonderfuly NYE!!

Olivia @ Liv Lives Life December 30, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I think snow is pretty for a WHILE and then when it starts to get dangerous and gray I want it gone! :-P

Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes December 30, 2012 at 3:56 pm

There’s so much snow in Central New York right now! It hasn’t stopped coming down since Wednesday, so it looks like a winter wonderland on steroids–ha! “Good Morning America” even came here to shoot their weather segment this week.

sara December 30, 2012 at 4:03 pm

I love the snow! I was really missing it after the winter that wasn’t last year…

Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well December 30, 2012 at 4:05 pm

MY GOSH, Boston’s pretty in the winter! That snow is simply breathtaking! Murphy just cracks me up, his facial expressions are hilarious!

Sara @ fitcupcaker December 30, 2012 at 4:12 pm

That is very pretty :) I love the snow! I just hate driving in snow and ice! I made your microwaveable english muffin AGAIN today, for lunch. Its one of my new fav’s.

Katie H. December 30, 2012 at 4:14 pm

I always cut my pears up too. Not sure why :-)

We’re supposed to get that snow tomorrow. I can’t wait!

Monica December 30, 2012 at 4:58 pm

The roads are not too bad in Boston though! Watch out for the wind-blown snow.. not quite as friendly as Brenners hot chocolate!

Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife December 30, 2012 at 5:45 pm

I love your boots!!!

I love the snow…& so does our pup! She was running around in the snow like crazy today!

Cate December 30, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Pretty pics of the snow. And no, it is not weird that you always slice your pears. I do the same. In fact, I think that I have never taken a bite from a pear. Why do we do that? Do you bit into peaches or slice them?

Mandi @ Miles and Mascara December 30, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Snow, what’s that? ;) Living in Charleston, SC we rarely see snow. When we do, it doesn’t stick. I do wish that we had a legit winter though (snow included). I guess its like so many other things in life though, we all want what we don’t have…and we tend not to want what we do have (hello, straight flat hair, I’m talking to you!). :) I’m sure if I let my dog in the bed, she’d be the exact same way as Murphy!

Anne December 30, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Wow your pictures are so beautiful, I would love a snowy day here in NC!

Claire @ Health Nut Claire December 30, 2012 at 7:42 pm

So jealous of all the snow! I’m in Alabama so I don’t get to see much of it. Definitely agree with you on slicing the pear. I enjoy eating it slice by slice. :)

Lauren December 30, 2012 at 7:47 pm

We are sad we missed the snow! It’s about time Boston got some. Love the color on your walls…so pretty!

Herbivore Triathlete December 30, 2012 at 7:52 pm

I don’t mind the snow, in December, but when it’s still snowing in April & May, I’m over it!

Murphy is too funny! My pug loves to snuggle up in the blankets like that too.

Lauren December 30, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Ugh, I hate the snow. I really do. It’s pretty for 5 minutes and then I just get annoyed. I’m ready for summer! :)

Nicole December 30, 2012 at 8:39 pm

We’ve got 18-20 inches on the ground…snow is just part of winter in Wisconsin and we make the best of it! Plus, I think it’s a good excuse to have a seasonal wardrobe–always a good excuse to have another pair of boots, winter coat, etc.

AJ December 30, 2012 at 9:19 pm

totally with you on the pears! But I can bite into apples without experiencing that weird texture, so I don’t mind it.

Katie @ A Full Plate December 30, 2012 at 9:40 pm

I’m the same way with pears! Apples too…I like them better sliced :)

Kathleen December 30, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Omg could Murphy be any cuter all snuggled up in bed??

Debbie December 30, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Love snow. It’s better than rain.
    I also slice my fruit. have you tried laughing cow spread on an apple or pear…so good!

Murphy is just like Sienna. She eats breakfast and then goes back to bed. I think she would sleep until noon if I let her but I usually wake her for a walk by no later than 10AM

Allison@commitcomplete December 30, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Pug in a blanket!

Mark @ fullhalfglass.com December 31, 2012 at 1:01 am

Snow, what snow! My wife and I have just finished having a water bomb fight with the kids. 32 C (90 f) here in Brisbane.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 31, 2012 at 8:22 am

I like my pears better sliced too – they’re so much less messy that way!

Meghan@themeghamix December 31, 2012 at 11:06 am

Ah so pretty!!! I am so jealous…we hardly ever get snow here. Enjoy for me!

Shannon December 31, 2012 at 11:11 am

The snow is so pretty! I used to wish for snow ALL of the time, since I live in Arkansas and snow does not happen that often. However, this year, we received a Christmas night blizzard (ice first, then high winds + 10 inches of snow) which knocked out power for 3-4 days for many people, took down trees, etc. It was a tad much! I still think the snow is beautiful though! We just don’t have the infrastructure in Arkansas to deal with it.

Amy January 1, 2013 at 2:16 pm

I actually don’t mind the snow. It is pretty and the dog loves it! It’s hilarious to see her run around and bury her head in the snow. :)

Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson January 3, 2013 at 3:32 pm

I’m jealous! I love snow and miss it! We don’t get snow here in Savannah! I need to come up there!

And I prefer my pears cut up too!