• Ultimate Pancake Round-Up

December 13, 2012

Good morning! How about kicking off today with some pancakes!?

As you probably know, I loovvve pancakes. All kinds. From traditional flapjacks to those made with eggnog or protein powder, there really isn’t a pancake I’d turn down. With that said, here’s a round-up of my very favorite pancake recipes. Enjoy!

ultimatepancakeroundup

A Really Good Pancake Recipe

I always used Bisquick in my pancake batter, so this recipe was one of the first I ever made from scratch. Made with all-purpose flour, it’s the most traditional recipe of the ones listed below, but it also calls for Greek yogurt for added protein and staying power.

areallygoodpancakerecipe

Two-Ingredient Pancake

Oooh, how I love this recipe. It’s delicious and made with only two ingredients: 1 egg + 1 banana. (It can also be made with 2 eggs + 1 banana.) This pancake requires a little patience to cook, but it’s totally worth the effort.

2-ingredient pancake

Saturday Morning Pumpkin Pancakes

In our house, weekends almost always include pancakes of some sort. These pancakes are light and fluffy with a hint of cinnamon and pumpkin flavor—everything I’d ever want in a Saturday (or Sunday) morning pancake.

PumpkinPancakes

OMG Pancakes

This recipe is my go-to when I want a big, old pancake breakfast (or have a bunch of ripe bananas on hand). It calls for 3 bananas, 3 eggs, and a 1/4 cup of almond butter, so it’s a seriously filling breakfast. It’s also gluten-free and Paleo-friendly.

OMG Pancakes

Vanilla Protein Pancake

This protein pancake used to be my go-to breakfast because it was delicious, but also because it would hold me over for hours and hours, thanks to some vanilla-flavored protein powder in the mix.

vanillaproteinpancake

Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

Similar to my OMG Pancakes, the main ingredients for this recipe are eggs and banana, but some canned pumpkin, spices, and protein powder are added for a sweet, yet incredibly filling batch of pancakes.

PumpkinProteinPancakes

Coconut Protein Pancakes

The coconut lovers will want to make this recipe! It’s made with coconut flour, eggs, banana, coconut extract, and shredded coconut. Mmm!

CoconutProteinPancakes

Eggnog Pancakes

These Eggnog Pancakes are sweet, light, and fluffy. Perfect for Christmas morning!

Eggnog_Pancakes

Monica December 13, 2012 at 7:01 am

My favorite post of the week. Gotta love pancakes!

mary @ minutes per mile December 13, 2012 at 7:12 am

wow, it’s impressive that you have crafted such a library of pancake recipes! i think i could do the same with oatmeal variations. thanks for sharing!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 13, 2012 at 7:17 am

Annnnd now I think I’ll be making pancakes this weekend! ;)

Nelly December 13, 2012 at 7:21 am

who doesnt love pancakes…..delicious

Tina @ Best Body Fitness December 13, 2012 at 7:28 am

I am now officially craving pancakes! Especially those egg nog ones. thanks for sharing all of these.

Nicole December 13, 2012 at 7:30 am

While not quite pancake-related, this reminds me I should really dig my waffle press out of my kitchen cabinets!

Kristen @ Change of Pace December 13, 2012 at 7:32 am

Look at all the pancakes! We are a lot alike in that we love pancakes and cookies. I love the two ingredient one. I’ll have to try the OMG pancakes :)

Khushboo December 13, 2012 at 7:37 am

Great round up! I love me some oatmeal pancakes!

Shel@PeachyPalate December 13, 2012 at 7:41 am

Nothing like pancakes for breakfast, best invention ever! Great round up! My favourite pancakes have to be pumpkin, nothing beats them with a good dollop of SunButter!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 13, 2012 at 7:46 am

I’ve been fairly successful in my short time of making pancakes from scratch. But then there was that ONE failed attempt so when I was creating a new pancake recipe, which did I use? The failed one…y’know, forgetting it’s disaster… ;)

Danica @ It's Progression December 13, 2012 at 8:17 am

Honestly, your pumpkin protein pancakes are my absolute favorite to make–they’re always my go-to pancake recipe!

Seeking Amy December 13, 2012 at 8:30 am

Well. I guess I am making pancakes for breakfast.

Peach December 13, 2012 at 8:30 am

From one pancake lover to another….thank you! :)

Michelle December 13, 2012 at 8:37 am

These all look wonderful!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 13, 2012 at 8:38 am

This totally inspired me to make some of your pancakes! I’ve only tried the two-ingredient one, but you really are the pancake queen. These all look amazing!

Sara @ fitcupcaker December 13, 2012 at 8:40 am

I love pancakes. I cannot wait to try some of these recipes!

Sara @ fitcupcaker December 13, 2012 at 8:43 am

I tried some of your other recipes and love them so I know these are going to be good!

Ali @ Peaches and Football December 13, 2012 at 8:51 am

I love, love pancakes. They take me back to when I was a kid – every Sunday after church my mom would make everyone a huge batch of buttermilk pancakes. She’d whip egg whites and fold them into the batter for thick, fluffy pancakes that were out of this world. I don’t make pancakes myself but I really should because I love them!

Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 13, 2012 at 8:52 am

Thanks for this post! You seriously come up with the best pancake recipes!!

Emma December 13, 2012 at 8:53 am

I don’t really get what makes the “two ingredient pancake” a pancake. Since it has no flour/dairy/salt/sugar/leavening agent it just seems more like a thin omelette or fried egg.

Beks December 13, 2012 at 9:21 am

I’ve made your 2-ingredient pancake before, but now I’m thinking I should make OMGPancakes this weekend. Sounds awesome!

michelle kim December 13, 2012 at 9:23 am

Love the protein pancakes (especially the simple two-ingredient one)!

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio December 13, 2012 at 9:32 am

Love this post Tina! Great as we move into the chilly winter months.

Molly @ Happy&Healthy December 13, 2012 at 9:36 am

OH mannn this just made me seriously crave pancakes! Too bad I just got my wisdom teeth out and am stuck to apple sauce ha. Thanks for the round up!

TorontoRunner December 13, 2012 at 9:39 am

Pancakes, such a classic breakfast food. love it!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 13, 2012 at 10:31 am

These all look and sound amazing!! But I am especially interested in trying the pumpkin pancakes and the two-ingredient pancakes :).

Nisha @ Karma Apple Crunch December 13, 2012 at 10:32 am

As a proud pancake enthusiast, I can appreciate this post! With Christmas approaching, it just seems appropriate that I try the Egg Nog Pancakes! :)

Christiane December 13, 2012 at 10:44 am

Hi Tina,

this is Christiane from Austria. I’ve been following your blog for about 2 years now and I love it!:) Big recommendation from Vienna!!
    Iabsolutely dig these pancake versions. Really sound delish! What I was wondering…how many calories do your breakfast scramble recipes have (french toast breakfast scramble/ sweet breakfast scramble)? Thx!
    All the best!

Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete December 13, 2012 at 10:47 am

Someone else posted about that palelo pancake – 1 egg + 1 banana – today. It looks like it would be a little tricky or tedious, but I definitely want to try it!

Sara @ The Foodie Diaries December 13, 2012 at 10:55 am

I really need to start making the paleo pancake. So simple, and so delicious!!

Ed December 13, 2012 at 11:00 am

Thats some good looking cakes…

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run December 13, 2012 at 11:05 am

I am such a pancake gal too, but waffles may take the win for me. Great round up. I’m looking forward to making some festive pancakes when I’m home for the holidays.

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction December 13, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I love pancakes! Although I rarely eat them, my favorite kind is chocolate chip :)

Steph @ Steph Stays Slim December 13, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Oh my…I love pancakes. My favorite are banana walnut…and yes, I make them and they’re delish! :)

Steph @ Steph Stays Slim December 13, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Forgot to mention that I’ll be posting the pancake recipe this weekend and…

I’m hosting a 12 days of giveaways starting today…come check it out!

Annette@FitnessPerks December 13, 2012 at 12:14 pm

You really do have some yummy looking pancakes! i need to make the eggnog ones. Delish looking.

GreenGirlRunning December 13, 2012 at 12:57 pm

This is great! Love having all of your pancake recipes in one post. They are sooooo good! I am definitely going to be making the eggnog pancakes on Christmas morning. Thanks for being so creative :)

Angela December 13, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I think I am going to make the eggnog pancakes on Christmas morning for me and my husband:) Thanks!

Andrea December 13, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Pancakes are the best! I saw this eggnog pie recipe and thought of you! http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/12/eggnog-cream-pie-recipe.html Definitely not healthy but sounds so yummy!

Herbivore Triathlete December 13, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I love a good pancake! I’ve got a base recipe that I add all kinds of goodies to like pumpkin and more.

Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 13, 2012 at 9:24 pm

How ironic that you did this post today: I just had a few friends over this morning to make them pancakes! Granted, they were from the Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pancake mix, but they were still delicious!

Moira December 13, 2012 at 9:27 pm

I made pancakes this morning because of this post! Thank you!

lynn @ the actor's diet December 14, 2012 at 12:17 pm

i may have to swing by IHOP now…

Andrea @Pencils and Pancakes December 15, 2012 at 4:06 pm

bahhh love pancakes!!! I’ll be trying some of these recipes soon. Tried the french toast scramble this morning and it was delicious!