• Rainy Day Laziness (Sort of)

December 28, 2012

It was cold, gray, and rainy yesterday morning, so I stayed in bed much later than usual. Mal and Murphy were snoozing next to me, so why would I want to get out of bed when I could stay warm and cozy and cuddle with them?

026

Breakfast

Eventually, I motivated myself out of bed, but only because I was starting to get hungry. For breakfast, I made my favorite French Toast Breakfast Scramble and added it to an almost-empty almond butter jar, which, of course, was deeelicious.

024

I also drank a glass of iced decaf (Marylou’s Milky Way) coffee with almond milk.

022

After breakfast, I showered, readied myself for the day, and then Mal and I went to meet with our accountant.

001

We typically meet with her once a year to make sure things go smoothly when it comes time to file our taxes, which are always an adventure since I’m self-employed and typically have a zillion 1099s (I think I had 19 last year) and need to figure out contributions to my SEP IRA and all that jazz. Let me tell ya, it’s a lot of fun! (Bloggers: Here are a few tax tidbits I learned the last time we met.) Anyway, I guess Mal and I are finally getting the hang of things because our meeting was short and sweet!

002

After tax fun, we drove home, made a few pit stops to run some errands, and then headed home for lunch.

Lunch

Yesterday’s lunch was a turkey burger with barbeque sauce, leftover sweet potato fries from dinner at Cask ‘n Flagon, and a Harry & David (aka super delicious) pear.

003

Mal and I spent the rest of the afternoon lounging around and watching TV. We recently started watching Revenge, so we blew threw a bunch of episodes.

revenge
    [image source]

Snack

A few hours later, I started to get hungry, so I snacked on some Kettle chips while I made dinner.

004

Dinner

Last night’s dinner was awesome. We had Chicken Marbella with Sweet Potato Wedges and steamed spinach with pesto, roasted grape tomatoes, and feta. Holy yum! I’m already looking forward to the leftovers!

006

After dinner, I finished off our batch of Crème De Menthe Cookies.

005

After dinner, Mal and I suddenly became restless. I guess after being lazy all day, we felt the need to DO something, sooooo we decided to paint our living room. We had bought all of the supplies the day before, so we figured we might as well get started.

008

We ended up finishing the first coat on the accent wall! Woohoo! Progress!

009

What’s your favorite rainy day activity?

P.S. Be sure to enter my giveaway to win a $100 gift card to Reebok!

P.P.S. If you’re thinking about registering for the fitmixer Boot Camp, CNC readers get 25% off registration! Just use the code CNCBC25 at checkout.

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } December 28, 2012 at 11:12 am

Please don’t even remind me that tax day will be here before long. I’m in total denial.

Beks December 28, 2012 at 11:30 am

@Erica { EricaDHouse.com }: Seconded. It’s always such a pain to go through!

Sabrina December 28, 2012 at 11:13 am

I love rain days, especially a cold one! I like to read, write, take a nap, and drink coffee or cocoa. Of course that only works if I have the day off from work! ;)

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 28, 2012 at 11:14 am

The occasional rainy day is the best! I love baking, reading, and watching movies.

Meghan @ After the Ivy League December 28, 2012 at 11:18 am

Sleeping in on rainy days is kind of the best thing ever. I like to read, bake, and get sucked into a Netflix series. My roommate is obsessed with Revenge and has been trying to get me to watch it. I gotta finish Downton Abbey first!

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction December 28, 2012 at 11:21 am

I played hookie from work yesterday, I just wasn’t feeling it along with the rain and a pounding headache! My favorite rainy day activities are to lounge around, watch movies and bake!

Sometimes I’ll venture out to the mall too though!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 28, 2012 at 11:22 am

Ooooo those Kettle chips sound delicious! And I get that way sometimes, if I do nothing all day, I all the sudden want to get something done at night so I feel more accomplished!

Karey @ Nutty About Health December 28, 2012 at 11:34 am

My favorite rainy day activity is lounging around browsing other blogs & watching trashy reality tv. ;)

Beks December 28, 2012 at 11:35 am

Love rainy days, but I usually have to work instead of be lazy, which is sad. I do like to light candles and watch “Beaches,” though. Cheesy, girly, perfect.

So, do you have to do a 1099 for each Freelance writing job you do, then?

Tina December 28, 2012 at 11:38 am

Yep! And projects and other sources of income (Twitter parties, OpenSky, etc), so it can get a little nuts!

Rebecca @ Blueberry Smiles December 28, 2012 at 11:47 am

We’ve had a lot of rainy days the past week over here. My favorite thing to do is clean out my closets…it always seems to take a long time and if it’s sunny outside, I never want to waste time doing it, but I’m all over it on rainy days!

abby December 28, 2012 at 11:48 am

Love the color of your walls! When it rains, I love to stay in my pajamas and watch the Food Network. Then, I like to cook something I saw on FN ;)

Lindsey December 28, 2012 at 11:55 am

AH! I love Revenge! We just got caught up watching it and are current now. I’m on the hunt for a new show…..

Brooke December 28, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I have been so obsessed with Revenge. I blew threw half of season 1 yesterday!

Meghan@themeghamix December 28, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Lol…we live in the Seattle area so every day is kinda a rainy day.

Love the walls – so pretty!

Thankfully I’m an accountant which means I keep fairly good records. And my awesome mom is a tax accountant…so she always does our taxes every year! So spoiled.

Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin December 28, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Lazy days inside when the weather is bad are the best. I am also obsessed with Revenge – it’s addicting!

Kristen @ Change of Pace December 28, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I love it when I look forward to leftovers. The paleo pad thai you shared is one that I look forward to!

Angela December 28, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Made your eggnog pancakes – so good!!! Filling too. My husband was raving about them. Thanks for the recipe.

Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 28, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I love Revenge!!! It’s such a great show. I love watching movies and making comfort foods on rainy days!

Tara December 28, 2012 at 1:42 pm

We are currently starting season 5 of Weeds, and will need a new series to start, looks like Revenge is a good one!

On rainy cold days, I love to stay in my sweats, have a fire, drink tea, watch TV. Then I get restless and end up cooking/creating something in the kitchen and getting laundry done.

kim@hungryhealthygirl December 28, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Painting is definitely not my favorite rainy day activity…. But way to go on accomplishing something! It’s a cold rainy day around here. I got my workout in and it’s been reading and blogging by the fire for the rest of the day.

Annette December 28, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I love to cuddle on the couch with a cozy blanket and watch movies when it rains…P.S. I LOVE revenge, I started watching it a few months ago on Netflix, and I was sucked in immediately. I missed the last 3 episodes of season 2, so I need to catch up.

Ellie@Fit for the Soul December 28, 2012 at 2:10 pm

wow I just love how you guys get bored and start painting! It seems like such a cool and yet daunting task simply b/c I’ve never done it for my own place~:P And even though it’s weird, I loooove taking walks and jumping around in the rain! It’s not a smart thing to do but I’ve always looooved it.

Amy@healthyandfitforreal.com December 28, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Love Revenge! It is addicting so beware. :) That sounds like what I love to do on rainy days, catch up on trashy TV, maybe read, and just relax!

Lauri December 28, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Rainy day activity – Definetley lounging in my sweats!! My ideal rainy day woudl be cloudy in the morning so I cold fit a run in, then come home, shower, change back in Pj pants and relax all day :)

I LOVE Revenge!!!! Great show!!

Amanda Awakuni December 28, 2012 at 3:12 pm

My best rainy day activity is hanging out on the couch with some popcorn and a movie! I love staying in on rainy days.

Sara @ fitcupcaker.com December 28, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I love to lay around and watch movies on rainy days, who doesnt? I think this will be a popular answer :) I love sweet potato fries, I want some now.

Annette@FitnessPerks December 28, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Looks like a great lazy day! I looooovveee pesto on anything :)

Kelsey Reidl December 28, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Hi Tina,

Back when you asked your readers for their “favourite chicken recipe” I suggested Chicken Marbella. So glad to see that you tried it! Isn’t it phenomenal, and tasty!?

Kelsey

Tina December 28, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Yes! Thanks for the suggestion!! :)

Sherice@foodieluvsfitness December 28, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Getting lost in a good book, snuggled under a warm blanket with my pups is my favorite way to spend a rainy or snowy ;) day!

Rebecca December 28, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Mmmm, kettle chips!

US Taxes are so much more complex than CDN ones – we have to do both because we rent out a house in California, and we tried to do the taxes one year and gave up. We now have an accountant who does both sets of taxes for us (yay!).

Danica @ It's Progression December 28, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Reading on the couch is definitely my favorite thing to do on a rainy (or blizzarding) day!

Katie December 28, 2012 at 4:45 pm

My ideal rainy day activity would be watching movies with some friends. That means lots of lounging, fun snacks, laziness, and fun.

Heather @ pass the dressing December 28, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I seriously heart Revenge. Get hooked on Scandal too!

Becky @ Olives n Wine December 28, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I love your accent wall – It look awesome next to your fireplace! My favorite rainy day activity is definitely sleeping in, baking cookies, an afternoon nap and a movie.

Meghan @Health Continuum December 28, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Love the paint color! Those Kettle chips are like CRACK! My favorite is the salt and pepper.

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 28, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I love rainy lazy days. I also love snowy lazy days, which we had today minus the lazy. I’m hoping to spend my evening relaxing and being lazy though which I think I earned! :)

Khushboo December 28, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I love being indoors watching movies on rainy days…with hot chocolate :)!

Herbivore Triathlete December 28, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Rainy days are the best! If it’s warm out I enjoy running in the rain, if it’s cold then a movie snuggled on the couch is perfect.

Kelli December 28, 2012 at 6:51 pm

the verascool pants and the new ziglite run!

Steph @ Steph Stays Slim December 28, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Lazy day?! You cooked, met with your accountant, watched TV, and painted….thats a lil different than what I consider a “lazy day,” haha!! I usually just eat and watch TV/Movies.

Jill December 28, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Just signed up for fitmixer boot camp. This is just what I need to recover from 3 surgeries in 3 months. Thanks for the savings!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 28, 2012 at 8:27 pm

When it’s rainy out I like to crank the heat and bake in the kitchen!!

Peyon December 28, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Baking! Anytime it snows or rains, I automatically think to bake some delicious gluten free goodies!

TorontoRunner December 28, 2012 at 10:18 pm

My mom loves rainy days and find it so peaceful! – I get sad during it! ha! I’ll usually just sit in with a nice chick-flick type of movie!

caren December 28, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Would you mind telling my husband that it’s perfectly normal to sleep with your dog(s)?? LOL….he seems to think I’m the only person that insists on doing it, so I’m happy to see I’m not alone.

Hopefully your pug doesn’t snore like a trucker….like mine.

Fit for France December 28, 2012 at 10:42 pm

oo those creme de menthe cookies look fab! My fav rainy day activity: making chocolate chip cookies. It’s become a tradition at our house. Then I hit some online workout vids!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance December 29, 2012 at 1:33 am

I love rainy days! I feel super lazy, but I never get to feel that way. I love watching movies :)

Tina December 29, 2012 at 2:09 am

I am 1099 for various jobs, too….I hate filing taxes. I just don’t think it’s the federal government’s business how much money anyone makes! Oh well…

Jodea @ chillichocolatelove.com December 29, 2012 at 3:15 am

I’m exactly the same, if I’ve had a ‘lazy day’ ill then have a burst of energy in the evening and have to do something like go for a walk. Drives my boyfriend nuts!

zuupdesign December 29, 2012 at 6:33 am

I am so amazed when I found your website, I was looking and on a hunt task for recipes that I think are smart, healthy, and fun. But then, I stumble upon your blog which looks really great. I feel like I found a jackpot! I am a health enthusiast because my line of business is into medical stuff. I have a pill dispenser business. You see, health is always on my mind and I came across your recipe and this is really remarkable. Thank you so much!

She Rocks Fitness December 29, 2012 at 1:30 pm

So glad I got my early morning run in; taught boot camp; and ran some errands before the snow started, because I’m now plopped on the couch and in for the day. Need to get through more “work to do’s” rather than “house to do’s”. Stay warm and enjoy the snow!