• Pugs Love Christmas

December 21, 2012

After lunch yesterday, I packed up my laptop and headed to Starbucks to finish my Health posts for the next couple of weeks. My editor is taking time off for the holidays, so she asked for them ahead of time, which was totally cool with me. Now that they’re all done, I have one less thing to think about over the holidays!

019_thumb[1]

At Starbucks, I ordered a decaf Eggnog Latte to enjoy while I worked.

023_thumb

I spent a few hours at Starbucks, came home (smelling like coffee), and found a special package on our front porch. Inside was goodies from Kelly!

giftfromKelly_thumb[2]

For me (and Mal): lavender soap and handmade washcloths.

036_thumb

And for Murphy…

028_thumb[1]

029_thumb[1]

026_thumb

(Please note the pug talon in the photo below.)

027_thumb

… a big bone!! He was psyched!

031_thumb

I think this photo pretty much says it all:

033_thumb[1]

Haha! Thanks, Kelly and Olive!

Dinner

A little while later, I started on dinner, which was Brittany’s Cauliflower Pizza Crust topped with leftover sautéed mushrooms and onions and some chopped bacon. Mal isn’t usually a fan of “alternative” pizza crusts, so I figured adding bacon was my best chance for him liking it. I mean, bacon makes everything better.

039_thumb

Unfortunately, Mal wasn’t a fan of the crust, but I really loved it. I probably should have let it cook a tad longer since it was a little mushy in the middle, but it tasted great. I actually ended up eating half the pizza myself last night! And I’m psyched for the leftovers today. I’ll definitely make this recipe again!

041_thumb

After dinner, I enjoyed a small portion of my Mom’s Apple Crisp. So good.

052_thumb

Later in the evening, Mal and I played Pitch as part of our 24 Days of Togetherness.

Pitch_thumb

Pitch is one of our favorite games and we’ve had epic battles over the years. There’s quite a bit of strategy involved, especially when you play with more people, so it’s always an exciting game. (Random: Check out that weird pug tail in the photo below. It looks like a rat’s tail.)

weirdpugtail_thumb

Have you ever heard of Pitch? What’s your favorite card game?

Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats December 21, 2012 at 12:27 pm

LOVE these pug photos :) Haha!! Merry Christmas, guys!!

Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness December 21, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Love the pictures of Murphy with the bone! I think Sophie might go crazy with all the presents on Christmas this year. She is a huge fan of paper ;) That pizza looks delicious. I’ve wanting to try a cauliflower crust but haven’t experimented with it yet! Thanks for the reminder that I need to try it!

Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete December 21, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I’ve never heard of Pitch before. I’m a big fan of card games though; I feel like they never get old. One of my favorites is Spoons. I’m known for getting slightly competitive and there have been some accidental nail scratches grabbing for the spoons in the middle.

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 21, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Haha I just love the photos of Murphy getting all psyched about his bone! Too cute. Mmm you’re right, bacon certainly does make everything better! I haven’t made a cauliflower pizza crust in ages… I need to add that one into the mix again!

Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit December 21, 2012 at 12:55 pm

I’ve never heard of Pitch before, but now I’m intrigued. It sounds like fun. I love the pics of Murphy awaiting his bone, tongue out and all. So cute! :D And, how cool are the handmade soap and washcloths! I wish I was that crafty. ;)

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance December 21, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I’ve never heard of Pitch, but I’ll have to look it up. My favorite card game is Hearts. :)

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 21, 2012 at 1:18 pm

I’ve yet to make a cauliflower pizza crust…I should get on that!

Lily December 21, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Omg… I really thought the card was Murphy ! I thought it was him hanging over the box… ha ha

Tina December 21, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Haha!

Mo December 21, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Wonderful gifts! I saw a “Wisconsin” tag in one of the photos – is that where the goodies came from???? I’m here too – so just wondering!

Mo

JLO December 21, 2012 at 1:36 pm

You meanie! “Rat’s tail!” :)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 21, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I’ve always loved “Uno.” It’s simple, but everyone always seems to enjoy it! :)

Annette@FitnessPerks December 21, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I love playing games with my husband too! Uno is fun & so is the game of Hearts. I’ve never heard of pitch?

Kelly December 21, 2012 at 1:54 pm

AHH I love those photos of Murphy! That tongue! :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 21, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I’ve never heard of pitch! And I keep meaning to try that cauliflower crust, I’m glad you liked it, more incentive for me to finally try it!

Krista @ TinynFit December 21, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I just ‘learned’ how to play pitch for the first time this fall! My bf is from upstate NY and I am from Virginia. We played with his sister and brother-in-law while visiting over Columbus Day weekend…well, they played while I made futile attempts and huffed and puffed trying to understand! I think in the end a bit of wine helped me get the game :) It is definitely challenging!

Khushboo December 21, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I love the card game Monopoly Deal!

Yanet December 21, 2012 at 2:33 pm

i want my own murphy, he is adorable!

Sarah December 21, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Never heard of Pitch; can you link to a website that explains it? I cannot find a good explanation for playing it with two people! (My husband and I love a good game.)

Tina December 21, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Yep, just click on the link in my post! :)

Nicole @ livingthesweetlifestl.wordpress.com December 21, 2012 at 2:54 pm

I have never heard of Pitch…our favorite card game is Phase 10.

Meghan@themeghamix December 21, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Aw! My favorite card game is Phase 10. We used to play it with my Granda Floyd (we called him “Buppa”) when we were kids. We actually called the game “Skip Buppa” instead of Phase 10.

He passed away 2 years ago around Christmas and he was such an ornery (but sweet on the inside) guy. He was super competitve and sometimes a cheater! After he passed, they found cards taped underneath one of his tables! Card games make me think of him. :)

Allison@commitcomplete December 21, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Quiddler is my favorite card game. My family is super competitive when it comes to word games, so it always makes an appearance when we’re together.

Ashlee December 21, 2012 at 4:03 pm

I’m so glad you mentioned your mom’s apple crisp! I was just sitting her trying to decide what dessert to make for Christmas Eve…I have a winner!

Tina December 21, 2012 at 4:15 pm

It’s so good! Enjoy! :)

Katie @ skinnyminniemoves December 21, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Lol that picture of Murphy with the bone is great!

Deb December 21, 2012 at 5:41 pm

LOL I love seeing your adorable photos of Murphy! The ones with him wanting the bone are just great. Our girls get really crazy happy when we take down a bag of cookies too- same looks on their faces and just as bouncy!

Claire Chappell December 21, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Yay for cauliflower crust! I have never heard of Pitch, but I will have to check it out.
    Merry Christmas, Tina!

Jodea @ chillichocolatelove.com December 21, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I’ve never heard of a Pitch. Maybe it’s a US thing? My favourite games are called Sh*thead and Killer.

Kristen @ Change of Pace December 21, 2012 at 6:50 pm

We had the same thing for dinner! I loooove that crust but my husband really isn’t a fan.

Sara @ sarasmiles December 21, 2012 at 6:54 pm

The card games I love are Spit and Spite and Malice!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 21, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I’ve never heard of Pitch! My favourite card game is Cheat because my friends are terrible at it, so it’s always really funny. :D

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 21, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Oh my gosh, Murphy’s face cracks me up!! He loves his bones!!!

michelle kim December 21, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Hehehe Murphy! I like the pictures with him with his tongue out and the bone.
    Took a look at the cauliflower cruse recipe. How cool!

Traci December 21, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Haha! I am dying over the picture of Murphy with his face in the package with his eyes bugging out on either side!

Sara @ fitcupcaker December 21, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Ive never heard of pitch. Gotta love starbucks even though Im not a fan of egg nog lol

honeywhatscooking December 21, 2012 at 9:50 pm

love that photo of murphy with his tongue sticking out… so so cute. my friend told me she made your mom’s apple crisp and it was delicious. looks good.

lynn @ the actor's diet December 21, 2012 at 11:01 pm

i should play more card games w my honey. looks like fun!

mary @ minutes per mile December 22, 2012 at 7:10 am

thanks for the cauliflower idea! i think i’ll give it a try!

Brittany December 22, 2012 at 8:41 am

Sorry Mal didn’t like the cauliflower crust. More for you! ;)

I’ve never heard of Pitch but I love Spades.

Sara @ The Foodie Diaries December 22, 2012 at 9:54 am

Murphy definitely is in love with that bone! We can’t wrap the bones for my dogs until late Christmas Eve because the pups will tear open the wrapping paper to get to them! I’ve never heard of pitch, but it looks like you guys have 21 great days of togetherness so far :)

Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 22, 2012 at 10:11 am

Bahaha, I love that Murphy’s tongue is sticking out so intensely in those photos. You can tell he’s pumped for that bone!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 22, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Aw, I love Murphy’s excited face!

She Rocks Fitness December 22, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I keep wanting to try that cauliflower crust! I have a head of cauliflower in the fridge and should try it after Christmas. I’m sure your leftovers will be fabulous. I was always a fan of the card game 7UP. Enjoy the weekend!

Amy December 22, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Never played pitch, but our favorite card game is “May I.” Also called “Want It.”