• Photos from Saturday (aka “A Super Fast Recap”)

December 9, 2012

Hi, guys! Happy Sunday! Mal and Murphy are waiting for me to go to the dog park with them so we can do a “nature walk” in the woods, so I need to make this post quick. Here’s a super fast recap of Saturday!

At CrossFit yesterday morning, we got to pick partners for the WOD, so Mal and I teamed up. It was our very first husband-wife WOD together and we crushed it! (And we’re both insanely sore today!)

001 (750x563)

WOD:

“781 Mile”

With a partner, for time:

100 Curtis P’s
    1 Mile Medball Run

RX: (115, 85) (20)
    L2: (95, 65) (14)
    L1: (75, 55) (10)
    Beg: (65, 35) (10)

1 Curtis P = Power Clean + Front Lunge each leg + Push Press

002

Yesterday’s 24 Days of Togetherness was “drink eggnog,” so I did just that.

007

Mal and I spent the rest of the afternoon and early evening hanging out with his sister and her husband in Boston.

004

I ordered an Original Sin Hard Cider at lunch. It was tasty!

OriginalSinHardCider

We walked all over Boston and did a little shopping on Newbury Street.

005

HolidaysInBoston

Mal bought me a pair of (raw) jeans as an early Christmas present. Have you heard about raw denim? It’s so cool. Mal owns a couple of pairs of raw demin jeans and absolutely loves them, so I’m excited to see what they’re all about.

G-Star RAW

My day concluded with the following: PJs on the couch, watching “TED” with Mal and Murphy, and eating an egg sandwich on a Microwavable English Muffin. It was a fabulous Saturday night!

SaturdayNightEggSandwich

How was your Saturday?

Danica @ It's Progression December 9, 2012 at 10:14 am

I’ve never heard of raw denim before…Read about it with that link though and it sounds pretty cool–is it much more expensive than ‘regular’ jeans?
    p.s. that lit-up Christmas tree is beautiful!

Tina December 9, 2012 at 11:44 am

It depends on the brand. Mal has a pair of raw denim Levi’s that were $60.

Danica @ It's Progression December 9, 2012 at 2:10 pm

@Tina: That’s really not too bad then!

Jen @ Jens Best Life December 9, 2012 at 10:40 am

I love that you and Mal work out together and have CrossFit as a hobby. I’ve gotten really into fitness this year, but unfortunately my boyfriend hasn’t caught the bug (yet). I’m hoping he gets inspired in the new year because it’s great to have a partner in exercise!

My Saturday consisted of the Knicks game and speed work on the treadmill. If the Knicks had won it would have been perfect :)

Monica December 9, 2012 at 10:41 am

Love the denim!

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run December 9, 2012 at 10:48 am

Those jeans look super cute on you! Nice job kickin’ butt on the WOD – you two are one strong couple :)

michelle kim December 9, 2012 at 11:04 am

Oooh love the jeans!
    I got to volunteer at a trail race and it was pretty cold, but at least not rainy. Being out there with the racers for five hours made me want to sign up for a trail race, too.

Sara @ fitcupcaker December 9, 2012 at 11:08 am

My sat was awesome! Had a good workout in the morning. We spent the evening downtown with friends eating great seafood and went to fountain square and got our picture with the big Christmas tree!

becki December 9, 2012 at 11:17 am

ahhh i love those jeans! where are they from?

Tina December 9, 2012 at 11:43 am

Thanks! They’re from G-Star! :)

Vanessa N December 11, 2012 at 1:56 pm

@Tina: i’m sure they warned you… but DON’T WASH THEM! i bought a pair of g-stars and loooooved them but both knees wore out and became gaping holes within a year. they warned me not to wash them… you’re supposed to put them in the freezer when they smell bad… that just grossed me out so i hand washed them and sure enough… holes :(

Ilovefetacheese December 9, 2012 at 11:32 am

What brand and cut are those jeans? I really like the cut.

Tina December 9, 2012 at 11:43 am

They’re from G-Star! :)

becki December 9, 2012 at 11:49 am

on more question… i crossfit too! and my thighs are having a hard time fitting in pants these days! do you have this problem? i’m at a loss!

Tina December 9, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Actually, I had just the opposite problem. None of my pants fit me anymore! How long have you been doing CrossFit?

becki December 9, 2012 at 12:06 pm

almost 6 months now (at the end of december)! I came across your blog months ago and I love it!

Ilovefetacheese December 9, 2012 at 11:52 am

@Tina: can you check the cut/label

Tina December 9, 2012 at 12:23 pm

They’re called Ford Straight Comfort: http://shop.g-star.com/JEANS/FORD-STRAIGHT–puWOoKA5AV7kIAAAE2_K4qfsDK-gstar-us-Site-WFS-en_US-USD.html Although, the photo online doesn’t really look like the ones I bought? I guess mine are a darker wash.

Ilovefetacheese December 9, 2012 at 12:25 pm

@Tina: awesome, thank you

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles December 9, 2012 at 11:33 am

People actually buy things on Newbury St? I bought Devil Dogs at the CVS on Newbury St once. Ha!

Saturday was great. Did a 5 mile trail race that kicked my ass. Then Cookie Day with the family and friends!

The Kidless Kronicles

Sara @ sarasmiles December 9, 2012 at 11:35 am

My Saturday started with a barre class and then I worked for much of the day. And by work I mean demoing our Health Warrior Chia Bars at Whole Foods which I love since I get to talk to real people about chia and nutrition. The rest of the day included reading, dinner and a movie. Love those kinds of Saturdays!

I’ve never heard of raw denim but just looked it up. Sounds interesting. I wonder which one you’ll prefer!

Jane Morai December 9, 2012 at 11:40 am

Nice post. I’ve never heard of raw denim jeans, but then again I haven’t done a lot of clothing shopping in awhile. I’ll have to check them out :) I’ve been having a really good December by the way and while not as exciting as your’s i’m pretty happy as well.

Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 9, 2012 at 11:56 am

Love the husband and wife team-up! I’ve never heard of raw demin but those jeans look like the fit so well! I had a great Saturday that consisted of a 5K and getting a Christmas tree.

Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 9, 2012 at 11:57 am

I mean denim*

Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 9, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I love Original Sin cider! I had it for the first time this summer. Not going to lie — I ordered it just for the name at first. It ended up being good, though!

laura December 9, 2012 at 12:17 pm

raw denim is the BEST!! were all your pants too big or too small due to your cross fit? you look awesome, by the way! love that you and mal finally got to be partners :) what did you order for lunch?! hopefully not just beer!

Tina December 9, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Haha! I ordered a steak salad with avocado and blue cheese. It was excellent! :)

Megan@funsizedfitness December 9, 2012 at 12:51 pm

I love your festive eggnog glass and egg sandwich plate :)

Julie December 9, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Love the jeans! I have had the hardest time with jeans since doing crossfit regularly. Everything I had is to small for my legs now but when I get a pair of jeans that fit my legs the waist is to big! Have you had that problem? If so, any jean recommendations?? :-)

Tina December 9, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I love the G-Star jeans Mal bought me yesterday! :)

Danielle December 9, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I’ve never heard of raw denim before! Also, I love all of your 24 days of togetherness ideas!

Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 9, 2012 at 1:55 pm

My Saturday was a pretty lazy one. With the exception of going to the gym, I pretty much stayed in my apartment sprawled on the couch in my pajamas all day. It’s the last weekend before my classes are over for the semester, so my roommates and I all got a little lazy before we have to study for finals :)

Teresa December 9, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Tina, the jeans loot adorable on you!

Tina December 9, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Thanks! Excited to break ‘em in!

Teresa December 9, 2012 at 1:59 pm

*look, not loot!

Olivia December 9, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Wow, looking very thin!

Frances December 9, 2012 at 2:31 pm

You look sooooo skinny in the picture of your jeans. Yikes!

Tina December 9, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I’m the same weight I’ve been for months now! :)

Annie December 10, 2012 at 2:31 pm

@Tina: I agree! Just shows that exercice really changes your body shape even though your weight can stay the same!

Tina December 10, 2012 at 2:45 pm

@Annie: Exactly! :)

Shel@PeachyPalate December 9, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Well done on the WOD! I like the sounds of it! What weights did you use? I’ve still not gotten to grips with the codes!

Tina December 9, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Level 2 (65 lbs + 20-pound med ball).

The Delicate Place December 9, 2012 at 2:50 pm

we’re raw denim fans over here. nate has some naked and famous ones but i’ve had my eyes on some nudie or chimala denim. just not sure if i’m ready to commit ;) they look great! i think skinny jeans are on the way out! i do love my j brand ones though, the maria high rise ones are super flattering!

Jody December 9, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Aw, I love Newbury St. Usually just window shopping for me though! The jeans are cute. It’s interesting that you’ve gotten smaller from CF and your pants don’t fit. Typically I see people building muscle mass from CF especially in their quads! I guess everyone’s body just responds differently.

Tina December 9, 2012 at 3:53 pm

All of my shirts are tight! I guess I gained all of my muscle in my arms!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 9, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Those jeans are CUTE! Every time you post pictures of Boston, I get so extremely jealous and miss that city more than I can explain. Man, I hope I can make that move soon. :)

Julia December 9, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I love making the english muffin! What makes the brown speckles in yours? Mine comes out kind of light yellow…

Tina December 9, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Almond flour/meal! :)

Julia December 10, 2012 at 3:37 pm

@Tina: hmmm, im using almond meal/flour too but its not speckled…guess its a different kind? Mines the Red Mill

Amanda Jewell December 9, 2012 at 11:11 pm

I think all men from Boston are obligated to love “Ted”. Lol. My bf and I watched it while we were in Nantucket this past summer (while one too many martinis deep, haha). We’ll be back in Boston in a week! I can’t wait to be back on the “right coast” :-)

p.s. did you go ice skating?

Amanda Jewell December 9, 2012 at 11:12 pm

@Amanda Jewell: p.p.s. Received my L-Glutamine powder from GNC! Thank you!

Nick December 10, 2012 at 3:33 am

Thanks for the shout out, Tina! Keep up the great work :)

Nick December 10, 2012 at 3:35 am

Al@Nick:

Also, if you’d be interested in us featuring you in a future Fade Friday, please let me know!

Miriam December 10, 2012 at 9:59 am

Ah, these posts are making me so homesick for Boston! BTW, I managed to try the Angry Orchard hard cider this weekend, thanks to your rec. Super awesome!

Tina December 10, 2012 at 10:01 am

@Miriam: Nice! It’s really good, right? I hear the ginger is fabulous. I need to try it next!

Rachelyn Teague December 10, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I love reading all these comments and hearing that others have had problems finding jeans to fit them. Since I started lifting heavy I’ve had a hard time finding jeans that fit my waist and thighs. I have gained quite a bit of muscle in my thighs and it has made it for a tight fit (or no fit at all…) in all my jeans that fit my waist, otherwise the waist is just too big. So glad I’m not the only one!

Tina December 9, 2012 at 12:49 pm

You’re welcome! :)

Miriam December 10, 2012 at 10:18 am

@Tina: Oh, nice! I’ll have to grab that. In terms of Ginger beer (with alcohol!), my friend tried this one http://www.crabbiesgingerbeer.co.uk/ and it was rather tasty.

Tina December 10, 2012 at 1:27 pm

@Miriam: Oooh, thanks for the rec! :)