• I Bet You Didn’t Know V

December 19, 2012

Do you remember my I Bet You Didn’t Know posts? If you missed them, here are the 4 others I’ve written so far:

These kinds of posts are fun for me to write because I get to share random (and maybe interesting?) things about myself with you guys. So, without further ado, here’s the next edition of I Bet You Didn’t Know!

I bet you didn’t know…

Murphy has a middle name and it’s “Piranha.” As a puppy he used to roll on his back, spazz-out, and try to bite everything that came his way. His little teeth reminded us of piranha teeth, so the name stuck. Doesn’t “Murphy P. Haupert” sound all fancy and proper? It’s kind of funny because he’s obviously not either of those things.

My sister is pregnant! It’s been the toughest secret to keep because our family is SO excited, especially since it’s the first great grandchild on my mom’s side of the family. I can’t wait to be an aunt, and I’ve already spent a ridiculous amount of time on Pinterest pinning baby shower ideas and cute baby products. Yay, baby!

009 (750x563)

When I make my Mom’s Apple Crisp, I typically eat about 3/4 of it myself, which means Mal doesn’t get to have very much of it. I’m a terrible wife when it comes to sharing apple crisp.

mom's apple crisp

Since Halloween, Mal and I have been hiding a plastic skull around the house in various places trying to scare one another. Most of the time, a few days pass before one of us finds it, so we’ll forget about it and then it will pop up and startle us. Last week, for instance, Mal put the skull in the microwave and it scared the crap out of me! I was not expecting to see a spooky face staring back at me when I went to reheat my lunch. Ha! Don’t worry, his payback is coming! Mhahaha!

016 (2) (563x750)

Sometimes, when I drink, I like to run. I went to college in upstate New York where it was balls-cold in the winter, so after parties, my roommate and I would often run home. We’d be drunk and tired and just want to get back to our room, so running (obviously) made perfect sense and it kept us warm. Nowadays, I still sometimes like to run when I am drunk. Random.

collegewasfun

Workout

After breakfast this morning, I did a little work and then met Kerrie for a hot power yoga class at Open Doors. It was a great hour-long class that moved quickly and had me sweating buckets. During the inversions toward the end of class, I felt like I was drowning in sweat because it was dripping in my eyes and up my nose! I’m one sweaty beast!

hotpoweryoga

Lunch

After yoga, I came home and reheated a bunch of leftovers for lunch: Light & Cheesy Egg Bake and Sweet Potato Wedges.

041

I also ate a Harry & David pear that my Grammie sent us for Christmas. Best gift ever.

036

Now I’m off to Starbucks to get some work done. I need a change of scenery… and, ok, I just really want a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since last night!

Enjoy the evening, friends!

Angela December 19, 2012 at 7:52 pm

How exciting!! Congrats!! I also like to run when drunk… I just have so much energy!

kirsten December 19, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I went to college upstate NY and used to run home too! What school did you go to?

Herbivore Triathlete December 19, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Yes, college in cold weather equals lots of running back to the dorms in snow after a frat party, lol! I grew up in NY so I know exactly what you’re talking about.

Herbivore Triathlete December 19, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Sherice@foodieluvsfitness December 19, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I just had Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate for the first time last week.. OMG I know why you were craving one.. I have been too.. I can tell what I will be drinking tomo!

Allison December 19, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Drunk running?! Hilarious. I love it! The more I get into running and working out, the more I have these brilliant ideas, too! Although, mine tend to be along the lines of: “Let’s do a 10k tomorrow morning!” at midnight after *several* glasses of wine.

She Rocks Fitness December 19, 2012 at 9:25 pm

HA! Love the running home random fact! I used to do that as well and yes I admit it, I sometimes still do it now. During summer, I will sometimes take my shoes off and run barefoot home. Lucky I don’t stub my toes! Sheesh…Have a great night!

Ellie@Fit for the Soul December 19, 2012 at 9:57 pm

hahahahah I loved that video of Murphy, he looks soooo cute! For the first time he actually doesn’t look scared or confused, lol. And what wonderful news for your family, congratulations to your sister! Being an aunt is seriously one of THE best things in the world. And you get to be the cool one and spoil the child, but without having to deal with their craziness daily :P

Jean December 19, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Wanting to run when you’re drunk isn’t weird at all! Or at least, I’m the same way. When I was in college, I ALWAYS wanted to race my friends around this 5-mile loop I used to run when we were leaving the bar (small town=one bar). Unfortunately no one ever took me up on it… And when I lived in New York I ALWAYS wanted to walk 3+ miles back to my apartment at like 3:00 a.m. instead of taking the subway. Alcohol does funny things to people.

cait December 19, 2012 at 10:24 pm

love the ski boots!

Heather December 19, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I wondered what was up with those baby pins. Congrats to your sister, Auntie Tina!

Luv What You Do December 19, 2012 at 11:26 pm

These are really fun posts to read…you always come up with some creatie things to share!

Emily December 19, 2012 at 11:44 pm

I really like your I Bet You Didn’t Know posts, they’re things that don’t come up during the day-to-day of blogging. And I realized I’ve read all the earlier ones, which means I’ve been reading your blog for awhile :) Congrats on the baby Auntie!

Danielle December 20, 2012 at 12:23 am

Some of my friends on the running club also like to run after they have been drinking a few.. Too funny!

Debbie December 20, 2012 at 2:01 am

OMG! Murphy is so darn cute in that video. I saw a pug puppy once that was a few weeks old and it was the cutest thing.

That’s great about your sister!

Khushboo December 20, 2012 at 4:50 am

London really needs to catch up and start serving those salted caramel hot chocolates!!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! December 20, 2012 at 7:14 am

That’s great news about your sis expecting! So exciting :)
    And I love the hide the skull game. Too funny!

Sara @ sarasmiles December 20, 2012 at 7:48 am

I have felt that way too when I get drunk! Although that’s very rare these days. Sometimes I feel the urge to run/walk or play flag football (which has never happened) but I know the feeling you are talking about. Most of the time though, I want to eat something bad for me.

Congrats on your sister! So exciting!

JuJu December 20, 2012 at 8:20 am

Yay Congrats Tina!!! Being an auntie is the best!! All three of my siblings became pregnant at the same time so I went from being the youngest, and not a baby person, to triple auntie! Its so great!! Also my dogs name is completly absurd Carleton Haldimen Quebec (Sam)Samwise….Woof!

Christine December 20, 2012 at 8:48 am

Random. After you talked about salted caramel hot chocolate I was craving one! I never get anything at Starbucks but coffee so I went yesterday. They were out of salted caramel! They recommended Toffee Nut Hot Chocolate…DELICIOUS! I recommened it!

Tina December 20, 2012 at 8:53 am

Aww, bummer! The toffee one sounds delish!

Melissa December 20, 2012 at 11:53 am

omg -I lOVE the skull popping up randomly! You, Mal and little Murphy P. Haupert are so awesome!! I used to work in a bank and we had a rubber rat that we would prank each other with. My co-worker once placed it in a drawer full of loan papers. I was in the back filing and there it was. Imagine trying not to scream and freak out a bank full of customers. I even slipped it in the drive-up window to the Pony Express delivery guy one day… Good times, good times. :)

Shawna December 20, 2012 at 12:13 pm

haha also an Upstate NY college girl, and have been there with the tipsy running. :)

Bobbie December 20, 2012 at 12:15 pm

There is a big joke in my circle of friends about me running home in my flip-flops. One night my friend and I had indulged in one too many glasses of wine. I didn’t want to drive home and couldn’t wake my husband to get me b/c our little ones were home asleep. So I decided it was a great idea to run home in the rain, in my flip flops. I made it safely and now often boast about it at parties…hehe! “No problem, I’ll just run home in my flip-flops!”
    BTW I’m cracking up about you and Mal hiding that skull around the house!!

Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit December 20, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Haha love the video of Murphy when he was just a little pup. So cute. And SO Piranha! ;) Congrats to your sister! That’s so exciting. I became an Aunt a little over a year ago and it’s a ton of fun. :D

Grace December 20, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Congrats to your sister on being pregnant and you, on becoming an aunt! Some really fun, fun times are ahead! I’m a mom to two little ones – they are the absolute love of my life and each day I feel truly blessed.

Emmie December 21, 2012 at 2:03 am

That’s hilarious because I LOVE running when I’m drunk! I’m in college now, and I always run home from bars/frat parties (anywhere from a 3/4 mile to 4 miles run- usually in bare feet, sandals, or even heels haha)! Lord only knows how I’ve never sprained an ankle! My friends all think I’m crazy; however, I would never drive after drinking, but I hate waiting on a DD or bus!

Adrianna December 21, 2012 at 10:06 pm

hahaha I used to run when I was drunk ALL the time! mornings after I would laugh so hard at the idea of me jogging the streets, probably back and forth, and people seeing me thinking WTF. but it got me home quickly and efficiently :)

Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 22, 2012 at 10:00 am

Haha, I cracked up at what you said about running when you’re drunk, because I can totally relate. I go to school in Western NY in the snowbelt, so I am very familiar with the feeling of being FREEZING when you’re going back home after a party. And I have definitely run home because of that, as well :)

Erika December 22, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Murphy P. Haupert! LOL I love that! He is such an adorable dog.

Cammie May 9, 2013 at 10:02 am

I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who runs when they’re drunk haha. When I was a freshman in college I’m pretty sure I ran home from every party back to my dorm–I mean it was the fastest most convenient/safest way to get home;)

lauren October 22, 2013 at 11:04 am

Hi Tina i was wandering about your left overs….do you make extra food so you always have something quick and easy to make?

Tina October 22, 2013 at 11:08 am

Yep, we usually make leftovers so we always have something to eat.