• Holiday Gift Guide for the Lady CrossFitter

December 13, 2012

Have no idea what to buy the special lady CrossFitter in your life? Well, look no further! Here are some gift ideas to make her (or him) smile on Christmas morning. (A number of these gifts are great for male CrossFit athletes too!) These suggestions are a mix of products that I already own and love and things that I would like to see under the Christmas tree!

WOD Talk Subscription

WOD Talk is a magazine for CrossFitters. Each issue provides all kinds of information from experts in the fields of fitness, nutrition, and sports psychology as well as motivational success stories. It’s an awesome magazine and just about any CrossFit athlete would love to have a subscription to it.

CrossFit Track Jacket

I love this hoodie! It looks so comfy and cozy with an oversize hood and thumb holes on the sleeves. It’d be perfect for warming up or hanging out post-WOD.

Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle

I’m just a tad obsessed with this book and think everyone should own a copy. Even people who don’t do CrossFit and just want to eat better will like it. Here’s my review!

Stronger Than Yesterday Tank from Life AsRx

Life AsRx is “the only line of apparel designed exclusively for CrossFitters” and they make some really cute gear! I actually own the tank below in blue and absolutely love it. “Stronger than yesterday” is my favorite CrossFit saying and it fits really well.

Blender Bottle with Wire Ball

Need to refuel post-WOD? The Blender Bottle with wire ball is a quick, easy, and portable way to mix up a protein shake.

CrossFit No Slip Headband

A headband is a must-have in CrossFit! This one has a gel strip inside that helps it stay put, so you’re not messing around with your hair during a WOD. Stocking stuffer?

CrossFit Headband

CrossFit Journal

This journal helps you keep track of your fitness stats and goals. It’s pretty much a necessity for CrossFitters!

Again Faster Revolution Rope

The Again Faster Revolution Rope is the best jump rope. I learned how to do double-unders with it, so it has a special place in my heart. It’s light-weight and moves smoothly, which helps you get faster double-unders more often.

[image source]

What do YOU want for Christmas?

Georgina December 13, 2012 at 4:40 pm

I want everything on this list…especially the rope and the journal 😀

dana December 13, 2012 at 4:49 pm

i want my own box jump so bad!

Chris December 13, 2012 at 4:52 pm

A 250# snatch.

Sara @ fitcupcaker December 13, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I love the small blender bottles. I have like 3 but I use them so much I could have some more. I also need more workout clothes since I spend most of my time doing that :)

Maddie December 13, 2012 at 5:00 pm

I’m not a crossfitter, but it’s a small world! The woman who runs journalMENU with her husband worked with my husband in their PhD programs for the last couple years. It’s a great local company (and they are an adorable family) and I’m so glad to see you promoting them!

Anna Christina December 13, 2012 at 5:18 pm

I am not a Crossfitter, but I’ve heard great things about that Paleo cookbook. I’ve been into Insanity and BodyRock.tv lately because working out at home fits a lot better with my schedule right now. I really want the Ultimate Body Press Dip Station.

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 13, 2012 at 5:22 pm

I may not be a crossfitter but I’m definitely eyeing some of that gear! And I LOVE my blender bottles!

Teresa @ www.fitinwoodbine.com December 13, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Running tights from Lululemon!!!!!!!

Amanda M December 13, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Do you know if WODTalk magazine or TheBox Magazine is better? I’m looking to get one for my husband and wasn’t sure. He has mentioned TheBox before, but you just mentioned WODTalk, so now I’m not sure :)

Tina December 13, 2012 at 5:35 pm

They’re both great magazines! I’ve just read more issues of WOD Talk, so I mentioned it here.

Luiza Crompton December 13, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I would love to have the jump rope or the hoodie! They look awesome!

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run December 13, 2012 at 6:14 pm

That Reebok track hoodie does look seriously comfy. I would love Santa to bring some Lulu (definitely some headbands)… and a kettlebell would be fun, but they’re pricey!

Annette@FitnessPerks December 13, 2012 at 6:18 pm

The hoodie is pretty sweet–might want that now 😉 I also would like some nice BIC or Sweaty bands that are sparkly!

Becky @ Olives n Wine December 13, 2012 at 6:21 pm

A jump rope is on my list this year! I just started CrossFit about a month ago and I cannot get the hang of double unders. I need a jump rope to practice them at home :)

Tina December 14, 2012 at 8:47 am

@Becky @ Olives n Wine: Mal bought a jump rope for just that reason. He couldn’t do them, so he wanted to practice at home and he got them way quicker than me!

Elisabeth December 13, 2012 at 6:23 pm

I love Blender Bottles! I have to drink 3-4 protein shakes a day (I had a vertical sleeve gastrectomy) & couldn’t live without them 😉

My Christmas list includes a replacement for my Sonicare toothbrush & a new case for my iPod :)

Elisabeth December 13, 2012 at 6:24 pm

iPad, not iPod 😉

Kelly December 13, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Hi Tina! I saw this and thought of you: http://www.colitis-crohns.com/ My brother has crohns and it is so hard for him, but I think this may help! Also, check out Dr. Robert Morse ND on youtube. he is AWESOME!!

Tina December 14, 2012 at 8:19 am

@Kelly: Thanks for the link! :)

abby December 13, 2012 at 7:34 pm

The blender bottle is amazing! A great, affordable gift too! Love the journal idea.

Kristen @ Change of Pace December 13, 2012 at 8:12 pm

My husband does crossfit and I got him a jump rope. I googled and googled crossfit presents and came up with that!

Nicole December 13, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Fitness-related, a bosu ball for my at-home workouts would be great or the Reebok jacket you’ve been sporting in lots of posts. But I’ve got a pretty low-maintenance list this year–a new set of fleece sheets and a roasting pan.

Claire @ The Lazy Alchemist December 13, 2012 at 8:20 pm

This one made me laugh: the blender bottle with wire ball. I currently live with six guys who are all ~24 years old and love protein shakes. We must have about 50 of these things in the house.

Tina December 14, 2012 at 8:47 am

@Claire @ The Lazy Alchemist: Ha! We have quite a few of them too. Mal is always drinking protein shakes!

Brooke @ Running In Heels December 13, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I love your list!
    I want new workout clothes for Christmas.. You can never have enough! If anyone has lots of money and wants to buy me all of the LuluLemon clothes in the store that would be great 😉

Crystal December 13, 2012 at 10:24 pm

A pair of OLYs!!!

Amanda December 14, 2012 at 12:03 am

Love the list!

Erika December 14, 2012 at 12:19 am

I don’t know much about Paleo eating but I want to check out that book. Is Paleo similar to Clean Eating? I’ve been reading stuff from Tosca Reno about elimination processed foods and other stuff from your diet.

Tina December 14, 2012 at 8:27 am

@Erika: They have similar principals. The Paleo diet requires that you eat like cavemen, so whole, natural foods found in the Paleoletic age: meat, seafood, vegetables, fruit, and nuts, BUT grains, beans, dairy, and sugar are not allowed.

Erika December 15, 2012 at 3:46 am

@Tina: Ohh ok. Well I’m not sure I’m prepared to give up those completely so I may do a combination of both. Thanks!

Kelly@BalancedDaily December 14, 2012 at 9:28 am

Thank you SO much for this list! A couple of days ago I ordered “Practical Paleo” from Amazon for my mom, but I couldn’t think of what else to get her. I think I’m going to order her the no-slip headband and maybe one of the journals. She’s looking to kick my butt in some WODs when I go home over Christmas, haha.

Meg @ Peaches and Cake December 14, 2012 at 10:13 am

Oooo that track jacket looks cozy i WANT! I love Practical Paleo too – my go-to dish are her salmon cakes! Yum!

Nikki December 14, 2012 at 10:18 am

Hmm, didnt’ the Petite Athleat just post pretty much this same exact post? Interesting.

Tina December 14, 2012 at 10:21 am

Did she? Great minds think alike! I’ll have to see what she picked for the lady CrossFitter!

Cate December 14, 2012 at 8:36 pm

@Nikki: I’ve seen a bunch of holiday gift ideas on the fitness blogs I read. I think it’s a great idea!

Chris December 14, 2012 at 10:41 am

You look very fit – but please don’t lose another ounce!! Too skinny is not good!!!

Katie December 14, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I just bought a journal. I’ve been needing one and this is perfect. Meery Christmas to me!

Molly@ happy&healthy December 14, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Great list, I have been wanting to practical paleo for awhile! Ill have to bookmark this, thanks!

Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 14, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Digging the motivational tank top! What is the point of the wire ball in that blender bottle, though..?

Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog December 17, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I definitely want a journal. My class leader doesn’t like us to share his workouts, but I’d like to at least have them written down for my own reflection.