• Friday —> Sunday

December 23, 2012

Ho, ho, ho!

Did this weekend fly by for anyone else? Holy moly. I feel like it was just Friday afternoon. Time flies when you’re having fun! Let’s do a quick recap of the past few days, shall we?

Friday

On Friday evening, Mal and I went to Elizabeth and Nick’s condo for a fun night in, which included friends, sushi, cider, games, and an adorable French bulldog. Honestly, what more could you ask for?

Our hosts ordered a smorgasbord of sushi from Owl Station to share among the four of us plus their two friends, Matt and Pam. (OMG, volcano rolls. I wanted to eat them all!)

IMG_2048 (750x750)

After we all chowed down on sushi, the six of us played an intense game of Catch Phrase—guys versus girls. The score was really close the entire time we played. As soon as the guys took the lead, we’d make a come back and vice versa. On the tie-breaking game, the ladies managed to pull out a win! Woohoo! Elizabeth was in my head!

IMG_2049 (750x750)

Saturday

The next morning, Mal and I planned to go to CrossFit, but we both woke up feeling tired and sore from previous workouts, so we dillydallied around the house instead.

001

No idea why Murphy was so exhausted…

005

His life is so hard.

003

On the menu for breakfast: an egg, bacon, and cheese sandwich + iced coffee. I’m still not a fan of those weirdo gluten-free English muffins, but it was still a pretty delicious sandwich. The melt-y Champagne Cheddar and bacon definitely made up for it.

006

After breakfast, Mal and I went to the dog park to let the pug run around, get some fresh air, and loosened up our tight muscles.

IMG_2054 (560x750)

IMG_2058 (560x750)

IMG_2053 (560x750) (560x750)

After the park, we came home and I made lunch, which was a green smoothie made with fitmixer protein powder, a frozen banana, chopped kale, half of a pear, almond milk, and cinnamon. I also reheated some pizza with a cauliflower crust for lunch.

007

After lunch, Mal and I headed to Cagney’s to meet some CrossFit friends for a little day drinking.

008

I love day drinking… and Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider. I was so happy to see it on draft at Cagney’s. (I still need to try the ginger Angry Orchard. Everyone raves about it!)

IMG_2062 (750x750)

Hanging out at Cagney’s was a lot of fun. I drank a bunch of Angry Orchard’s, but paced myself with multiple glasses of water (I must have peed a half dozen times), so I woke up feeling a-ok this morning.

While at Cagney’s, I played a game of darts with Mal and a couple of guys from our box.

023

My team beat Mal’s team! Booyah!

024

And spent some quality time with a few of my favorite lady CrossFitters. I {heart} Whit and Kerrie!

009 (2)

And Kerin!

029 (750x541)

Eventually, Mal and I got hungry, so we ordered some appetizers to share: Beef, Bacon and Bleu Skins (potato skins baked with grilled steak, bacon and Bleu cheese) and Fried Mac & Cheese Wedges.

013

They both tasted amazing.

016

I could have easily eaten a whole order of the Fried Mac & Cheese Wedges myself! Yummmmm! (I swear, cheese tastes a million times better to me when I’m drinking.)

019

Sunday

This morning, Mal and I slept in until about 9:00 and then motivated ourselves to get to the mall as soon as it opened to avoid the crowds. He still had a little Christmas shopping to do, and I needed to hit the grocery store to buy some baking supplies—plus we had some other errands to do—so we decided to do everything together.

Before we left the house, I whipped up a French Toast Scramble with a big scoop of peanut butter for breakfast.

063 (750x563)

During our adventures, we stopped at Panera for lunch.

IMG_2065 (750x750)

I’ve been battling a nasty, phlegm-tastic cold for the past couple of days (boozing yesterday definitely did not help), so I opted for soup (Sonoma Chicken Stew) and hot tea. The Sonoma Chicken Stew was thick and creamy and made with carrots, peas, leeks and potatoes, and then topped with a cheese biscuit. It was so good, and it actually made me feel a bit better.

032

Now, I’m off to bake cookies and then wrap presents. Have I mentioned that I love the holidays?

Enjoy the evening, friends!!!

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } December 23, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I love Paneras and was just there this weekend myself! I’ve been fighting off a cold/cough all week and thankfully felt better this weekend. I’m glad it got out of my system before Christmas Day!

Karey @ Nutty About Health December 23, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Glad you’ve been enjoying the holidays!! Yes, this weekend has flown by! Enjoy your baking & present wrapping! :)

Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes December 23, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Ah, Catch Phrase is so much fun! It always comes out when my extended family gets together, so I’ll be playing a lot of it within the next few days. :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace December 23, 2012 at 4:48 pm

What an excellent weekend. Enjoy the rest of your holidays! It went by way too fast :)

Ashley December 23, 2012 at 4:56 pm

The gingery Angry Orchard is SO good!! Love love Angry Orchard. Just tried a new-to-me brand the other week, CiderBoys. Really tasty!

Stephanie @ Steph's Miles December 23, 2012 at 5:01 pm

This weekend did fly by! Volcano rolls are the best, and I just spotted Angry Orchard apple ginger at ABC Liquors today. What a fun weekend preparing for Christmas cheer!

Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife December 23, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I love cider! Have you ever tried Original Sin Hard Cider? It is my absolute favorite!!

Tina December 23, 2012 at 5:14 pm

YES! It’s so good! I actually just blogged about it last weekend! I think it might be my favorite cider so far! :)

Olivia @ Liv Lives Life December 23, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I LOVE ginger cider – I actually had it from an at-home brewery when I was in England and it was amazing. I hope you get to try it soon!

Nicole @ livingthesweetlifestl.wordpress.com December 23, 2012 at 5:44 pm

That is my fav soup/stew from panera. Those scones are so good!

Katie December 23, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Fried mac and cheese balls? holy moly! i bet they were gooooood

Lauren December 23, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Hey Tina!
    Where did you get your jacket? I’m looking for one just like it and with a hood! I’m having trouble finding one with a real hood and not that tiny fold-away hood. thanks!

Tina December 23, 2012 at 6:42 pm

It’s from J.Crew, but it’s a couple of years old now.

Caitlyn December 23, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Baking cookies and wrapping presents is EXACTLY what is on my agenda tonight. Our crossfit gym did Victoria today, in honor of Victoria Soto who died last week in Connecticut. Not sure if your box did it or not, but holy moly it kicked my ass! What an unbelievable motivator though…….the pain I endured during those 20 min was NOTHING compared to what she/they endured last week.

Tina December 23, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Aww, that’s really nice.

dana December 24, 2012 at 9:17 am

@Caitlyn:

we did victoria on saturday at our box and holy heck it was an ass kicker. rough one

Samantha December 23, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I’m a fan of Angry Orchard, try the ginger variety! It’s different but tasty.

Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin December 23, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I love day drinking too :) I did a little too much of it in college haha but now I enjoy just a beer or two in the afternoon sometimes. Those fried mac n cheese wedges look heavenly.

Meghan December 23, 2012 at 7:16 pm

OMG I love Catch Phrase! Not many of my friends know this game but some of my best high school memories are surrounded around that game. The sushi looks amazing! Its been way too long since I had some.

Luv What You Do December 23, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Hooray for Day Drinking! Especially when it involves fied mac n cheese bites!
    I have some cidar waiting for me at home provided my boyfriend doesn’t drink it. I can’t wait to try it!

Jodea @ chillichocolatelove.com December 23, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Soup is the best hangover and cold cure!

Elisabeth December 23, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Sounds like a fabulous holiday weekend! I love a panera – especially their asiago foccacia and chicken salad. Merry Christmas to you and M & m. :)

Tina December 23, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Thank you! You too! :)

lauren December 23, 2012 at 7:44 pm

We are such huge game fanatics! Perfect way to spend an evening!!

Molly@ happy&healthy December 23, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Your weekend sounds amazing (day drinking and sushi), and yes, this weekend flew by, geez! Have a wonderful Christmas Eve!

Lauren @ Powered by Oatmeal December 23, 2012 at 8:41 pm

It’s not cider, but if you’re into ginger have you tried Green River Ambrosia’s Ginger Libation?? Really interesting and different but delicious. And made in the Pioneer Valley!

Tina December 23, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Sounds interesting! I’ll have to look for it! Thanks for the rec!

Meghan @ After the Ivy League December 23, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Looks like a great weekend, last minute Christmas-related errands and lots of wrapping and baking…I was in the same boat!

Mark @ fullhalfglass.com December 23, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Don’t know if you can get it anywhere in the United States, but I am quite partial to a local drop called “Stones Green Ginger Beer”. Warms up the insides, tastes a bit like Ginger Ale. Failing that, Crate a knob of ginger into a muslin / cheese cloth and pour a regular beer over it. Excellent cold and flu remedy also. Merry Christmas.

sara @ fitcupcaker December 23, 2012 at 10:15 pm

We love catch phrase! And ive made the cauliflower crust pizza but im usually the only one That likes it! Happy holidays!

Brittany @ Proteinandpumps December 24, 2012 at 8:00 am

We always joke about the dogs and wonder how they can be so exhausted all the time lol. I know what I want to be in my next life!

Jose December 24, 2012 at 8:59 am

all that food doesn’t upset your colon?! i love greasy food, but ouch! looking at all that bacon and cheese has got my tummy hurtin! good for you though!

Amanda December 24, 2012 at 9:12 am

Awwww Murphy!!! He’s so darn cute!!

Herbivore Triathlete December 24, 2012 at 9:15 am

The life of a pug must be exhausting! My own pug, Esther, seems to be always napping.

I love Panera Bread, great place to eat lunch.

dana December 24, 2012 at 9:15 am

after i saw your day drinking pics on the ‘gram, i convinced my husband on sunday to go to the brewery and do our own day drinking. thanks for the great idea because it made for a fun day!

Tina December 24, 2012 at 11:16 am

Haha! Nice! Great way to spend the day! :)

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles December 24, 2012 at 9:47 am

The weekend DID fly by and I am not really sure where it went. I miss Panera’s bagels. But we have Paradise Bakery which is owned by Panera’s, so I think the soups are the same.

The Kidless Kronicles

sami December 24, 2012 at 11:08 am

dude… i just have to say… your thighs look awesome!! :)

merry christmas!