This morning, I enjoyed eggnog pancakes for breakfast and, oh my goodness, they tasted a-mazing… like Christmas in pancake form. Aren’t the holidays the most wonderful time of year?
Sunday morning often means that I make pancakes for breakfast and this morning was no different. As I went to grab some of the ingredients to make the batter from the refrigerator, I spotted a carton of eggnog, and I immediately knew it would make a delicious addition to my recipe.
And, boy, was I right! These pancakes turned out soft, fluffy, and sweet with cinnamon and eggnog flavor. Mmm! They definitely have the potential to become a holiday favorite in our house!
- 1.25 cups almond flour/meal
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat pan (or griddle) over medium heat and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use a 1/4 cup to portion batter onto the pan/griddle.
- Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes and then flip. Cook on the other side for about 1 minute.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Makes 6 pancakes