• CNC Meal Plan: Week of December 9

December 9, 2012

I’m a crazy person and went grocery shopping at 7:00 AM this morning. (I know. I have issues.) Mal and I forgot to shut off the heat off last night before we went to bed, so I woke up at 6:15, super hot and wide awake. I tried to fall back asleep, but as soon as Murphy realized I was awake, he annoyed me spazzed out until I got out of bed to feed him. Usually, he rolls on his back and chews at the blankets, but, this morning, he took it up a notch and barked at me a couple of times. Way to get my attention, Murphy! I guess he was really hungry. Anyway, by the time I got out of bed and fed Murphy, there was no way I was going back to bed, so I meal planned and went grocery shopping.

CNCMealPlan

Here’s this week’s meal plan and shopping list:

• Sunday: Sweet Potato Skillet with ground beef, spinach, and mushrooms

• Pizza dough
    • Cocoa
    • Chocolate chips
    • Collard greens
    • Flour
    • Acorn squash

*My shopping list doesn’t include all of the ingredients necessary to make the above meals. For a complete list, please see the individual recipes linked above.

Michelle December 9, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I need to go shopping today but just can’t get out of bed!

Erin December 9, 2012 at 12:50 pm

That’s absolutely the best time to shop

Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 9, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I love going in the morning and avoiding the crowds! My dog slept in until 6:30 this morning which was a blessing… he’s usually up at 5:30!

amy@macncheesenpeas December 9, 2012 at 1:14 pm

I’m meal planning for the week right now. I love that you share your list so I can get some new ideas!

Shel@PeachyPalate December 9, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I used to always do my grocery shopping that early! I was down at the store this morning at 7am to buy flour and yeast to bake bread…they weren’t open until 8am!!!

Holly A. December 9, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I keep saying I’m going to do this and I keep not doing it… I guess I’m afraid that I won’t want what I’ve planned. But then that would mean I didn’t plan properly. The hubs and I recently started a new budget system so I’m going to get used to that for a few more weeks before I attempt to be even more ambitious. Someday though, I will report back here that I have tried this and been successful!!

Katie December 9, 2012 at 5:16 pm

My pug does the exact same thing in the morning… Rolls on his back and chews on the blankets. I think he looks like a bat on his back!

Tina December 9, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Haha! Yes!! We call that “bat face!”

Sara @ fitcupcaker December 9, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I like shopping on Friday nights. Nobody is there!! Do you make your shepherds Pie with sweet potatoes?

Tina December 9, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Sometimes! :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 9, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Haha I’ve definitely gone grocery shopping at 7 am before… it’s so peaceful at that hour! :D

Tina December 9, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Definitely!

Molly @ Happy&Healthy December 9, 2012 at 7:37 pm

I always go super early, that way no lines and no getting in people’s way! The only problem is that the seafood station isn’t ready when I go, so I have to make a trip back for salmon, luckily I can walk to my grocery store.

Vicki December 9, 2012 at 8:18 pm

My boyfriend and I meal plan every Sunday and then head out to the local Wegmans for dinner (at the salad/sushi/vegetarian/ and anything else you can imagine food bars) it’s definitely something we’ve started to look forward to. Excited to try some of the recipes you’ve posted too!

Herbivore Triathlete December 9, 2012 at 8:52 pm

^^I love Wegmans!

I actually planned out dinners for the entire week this week AND went grocery shopping yesterday! I am so proud of myself for my organizational skilz, lol.

I had to this week, my husband is out of town for work and I can’t just “wing it” for dinners with 3 kids having some sort of sport/activity every night and me not getting home from work until 4:30 pm.

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run December 9, 2012 at 8:56 pm

I went grocery shopping @ TJ’s early this morning, too. Loved shopping in a quiet store.

Amanda Jewell December 9, 2012 at 11:15 pm

ooohhhh if that shepherd’s pie is pale-friendly, I hope you share the recipe!

Amanda Jewell December 9, 2012 at 11:15 pm