Hi, friends! Happy Friday!
I ended up doing my grocery shopping this morning because 1) we had no food in the house and 2) we’re having friends over for a game night tomorrow night, so I wanted to make sure we had some snacks to share.
Here’s this week’s meal plan:
- Sunday: Family party – not cooking at home
- Monday: Lemon-garlic baked chicken with roasted broccoli and rice
- Tuesday: Grilled steak with pineapple salsa and rice
- Wednesday: Swiss & mushrooms burgers with truffle fries
- Thursday: Pizza with cauliflower crust
- Friday: Out to dinner
- Saturday: Shepard’s pie or shrimp stir fry
And here’s what we planned for our guests tomorrow night (we’re not fancy; we keep it simple):
- Cheese and crackers
- Hummus and veggies
- Rotel Dip (Rotel + cream cheese)
- Beer, wine, and champagne
You probably noticed there’s no cheese pictured in the photo above, and it’s because we already had some at home. Whole Foods recently sent me a massive wheel of Champagne Cheddar as well as a bottle of champagne to try. Seriously, how nice are they!?! I was told the cheese is infused with real champagne to give it “a hint of bubbly booze and fruit.” Sounds interesting, right? I can only imagine how amazing it will taste with a glass of champagne in hand. I think our guests will really love it too!
Grocery shopping list*:
- Almond milk
- Deli ham
- Deli cheese
- Shredded cheese
- Cream cheese
- Frozen pizza
- Tomato sauce
- Bell peppers
- Frozen peas
- Chipotle powder
- Peanut butter
*My shopping list doesn’t include all of the ingredients necessary to make the above meals. For a complete list, please see the individual recipes linked above.
Questions of the Day
What’s your favorite game to play with a group?
What’s your favorite kind of cheese?