• CNC Meal Plan: Week of December 16 (Game Night & Champagne Cheddar)

December 14, 2012

Hi, friends! Happy Friday!

I ended up doing my grocery shopping this morning because 1) we had no food in the house and 2) we’re having friends over for a game night tomorrow night, so I wanted to make sure we had some snacks to share.

035

Here’s this week’s meal plan:

• Sunday: Family party – not cooking at home
    • Monday: Lemon-garlic baked chicken with roasted broccoli and rice
    • Tuesday: Grilled steak with pineapple salsa and rice
    • Wednesday: Swiss & mushrooms burgers with truffle fries
    • Thursday: Pizza with cauliflower crust
    • Friday: Out to dinner
    • Saturday: Shepard’s pie or shrimp stir fry

And here’s what we planned for our guests tomorrow night (we’re not fancy; we keep it simple):

• Cheese and crackers
    • Hummus and veggies
    • Olives
    • Rotel Dip (Rotel + cream cheese)
    • Pizza
    • Beer, wine, and champagne

037

You probably noticed there’s no cheese pictured in the photo above, and it’s because we already had some at home. Whole Foods recently sent me a massive wheel of Champagne Cheddar as well as a bottle of champagne to try. Seriously, how nice are they!?! I was told the cheese is infused with real champagne to give it “a hint of bubbly booze and fruit.” Sounds interesting, right? I can only imagine how amazing it will taste with a glass of champagne in hand. I think our guests will really love it too!

champagne and cheese

• Frozen peas
    • Chicken
    • Chipotle powder
    • Peanut butter
    • Cilantro
    • Mushrooms

*My shopping list doesn’t include all of the ingredients necessary to make the above meals. For a complete list, please see the individual recipes linked above.

Questions of the Day

What’s your favorite game to play with a group?

What’s your favorite kind of cheese?

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction December 14, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I love all cheese! Swiss, cottage and blue cheese are some of my favorites…Catch phrase is a really fun game to play in a group!

Becky @ Olives n Wine December 14, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I love Apples to Apples with a big group. It is so much fun! My favorite cheeses are probably blue and Brie – yum!

Sara @ fitcupcaker December 14, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Our favorite game is “times up” Its a great big group game! And i love all kinds of cheese!!

Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 14, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Apples to Apples is so much fun!! And I can’t name a favorite cheese because I love so many!

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio December 14, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Smoked gouda is my favorite and I love the game Quelf.

Annette@FitnessPerks December 14, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I love cheeeeessseee! I love Catch Phrase with a big group–so fun to see everyone act stuff out.

Kristen@Change of Pace December 14, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Pizza with cauliflower crust is so good! Ahhh I love any cheese!

Gianna December 14, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Oh my gosh a wheel of cheese doesn’t stand a chance around me. All cheeses welcome I do not discriminate. Sadly though, my stomach is not a fan, so it has been voided from my diet for the most part :(

Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife December 14, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Apples to Apples is probably one of my favorite games to play in a group. I’m not a fan of charades…mainly because I am terrible at it!

Rachel@Running Daze December 14, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I am a huge smoked gouda fan. Actually, I love all smoked cheese!
    Favorite group game is definitly Apples to Apples. Taboo is also a fun one.

Elisabeth December 14, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I live in Ohio & travel down to Amish country twice a year to stock up on cheese. My favorites are Guggisberg Baby Swiss & Guggisberg Aged Swiss.

Audrey Adams December 14, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Champagne cheese is soooooooooooo tasty!

Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 14, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Can’t wait to hear how that champagne cheddar tastes. As for group games, I’m a big fan of board games like Apples to Apples & Taboo. Always get a good laugh out of those!

Abby December 14, 2012 at 4:39 pm

I am so impressed with your grocery list. I’ve tried to do that, but we always end up going to the grocery store a few times a week anyways! My fav cheese has to be goat…mmmmm.

Carol B December 14, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I love to play Trivial Pursuit. Have you ever browned some ground turkey and added to the rotel with a pound of velveeta? You can then add whatever spice you like. I usually add a teaspoon or so of cumin. Holy Yum!!!!

Candice@allthingsyogi.com December 14, 2012 at 5:24 pm

No cheese for me, but games are great around the holidays.

I love the game Apples to Apples!

Megan@funsizedfitness December 14, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Apples to Apples is great..I also love Catch Phrase and Scattegories :)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 14, 2012 at 8:08 pm

great list and nice snacks! I love lentil crackers, so addicting!!! I have to try the cauliflower pizza crust!!

Luv What You Do December 14, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Apples to Apples is the best for a big group!
    I love champange night!!!

Molly@ happy&healthy December 14, 2012 at 10:00 pm

I’ve never heard of champagne cheese, but it sounds good! I love blue cheese,”z as for games, apples to apples is hilarious. Have fun!

Roz@weightingfor50 December 15, 2012 at 12:06 am

I don’t think I could name a favorite cheese, I never met one I didn’t like. Have a great weekend Tina.

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance December 15, 2012 at 2:51 am

Wow that wheel is huge!! At cheese recipes in the future? Haha.

Erika December 15, 2012 at 3:43 am

So far my favorite game to play with a group is Mad Gab…I always have a fun time whenever that game is played.

Favorite cheese is definitely cheddar. So good!

chris December 15, 2012 at 9:19 am

Is that udi’s gluten free pizza? Ive never tried it but i havent found any gf pizzas that i liked. I like playing Apples to Apples board game with groups of people

Tina December 15, 2012 at 10:14 am

I’ll let you know how it is! :)

Jodea @ chillichocolatelove.com December 15, 2012 at 11:54 am

Trivial pursuit, Stilton with fig jam and champagne sound like the perfect Saturday night to me!

She Rocks Fitness December 15, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I LOVE cheese, especially the stinky ones! I have to say though one of my favorites is definitely gruyere! Enjoy your party and have a great weekend!

Deb December 16, 2012 at 2:04 am

Munchkin! The game of backstabbing your friends! LOL Love it!

We tried Ro-tel for the first time today- stuck 2 cans of it in the crockpot with 2 chicken breasts and a can of black beans. The entire mess was only about 900 calories, and tasted so good! Unfortunately my bf can’t eat spicy and I didn’t realize the Ro-tel would be til too late. :( I loved it though.

Fave cheese? Um… I don’t think I’ve ever met one that I didn’t like t be honest.

jun December 16, 2012 at 2:32 am

i have a weakness for goat cheese, but good mozzarella would do just fine. sometimes i would place a few different cheeses on a gratin in oven and eat it like that. oh gosh why am i so addicted to cheese?!

by the way i also love baby carrots

Deb December 16, 2012 at 6:55 am

Wow! Just found your page & can’t tell you how excited I am! I love it & want to read all that there is! I’m an avid runner (hoping to complete a full in 2013) and a recent convert to body pump in 2012 – love it! You make me want to take up Crossfit though! Just a question, do you still wear Mizunos? Thanks for such a fabulous site.

Tina December 16, 2012 at 11:09 am

So glad you found CNC! :) I wear Reeboks nowadays for running and CrossFit.

Lauren December 16, 2012 at 9:02 am

Scategories and cheddar are my faves!!

I’d love to hear how the pizza (and English muffins!)are, I’ve been making my own Sorghum/Potato Starch/Tapioca pizza dough from the GF Goddess, but sometimes you just need a quick option!

Helen (Running For HHT) December 16, 2012 at 9:53 am

Favorite game to play with a group is Scene It. So much fun and keeps everyone involved the whole game. For cheese, I’d have to go with extra sharp cheddar.

Chrissy December 16, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Apples to Apples is hands-down the best game for a group. I’ve never played it and not almost piddled myself laughing so hard.

The only cheese I have ever tasted I didn’t like was a caramel cheese. Gross. My favorite might be smoked Gouda though. Might. It’s hard to choose cheese :)

Nelly December 16, 2012 at 2:57 pm

are you gluten free now?

Michelle (The Runner's Plate) December 16, 2012 at 9:52 pm

I love playing Apples to Apples and Catch Phrase with a large group of people. My favorite kind of cheese is muenster.

Brittany December 17, 2012 at 7:59 am

I hope you love the cauliflower pizza crust. It’s awesome

Thanks for the link love and happy holidays!

Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog December 17, 2012 at 2:27 pm

It is impossilbe for my family to do a meal plan because the assigned grocery getter ALWAYS forgets the list. But we usually stick to soup one night, turkey chili one night, bbq chicken and veggies, salmon and veggies, loaded baked sweet potatos, and black bean burgers. Creatures of habit.

But home made pizza is my favorite. We make our crust with corn meal. Now I want pizza.