• A Few Things I Did This Weekend

December 18, 2012

Attended the CrossFit 781 holiday party!!

So fun!

Looking pretty in our ugly sweaters!

Mr. Oreo Snowman had no chance against me.

Kim wore the BEST holiday sweatshirt ever.

Kerrie + me!

M + T!

M&T Christmas (750x498)

Went to the dog park with friends, dogs, and a baby. We also skipped rocks on the ocean.

Hosted a game night at our house!

Cutting the cheese.

The Champagne Cheddar was a huge hit with our friends. Thanks, Whole Foods!

Champagne for everyone!

We played an epic round of Hit or Miss.

And then Cards Against Humanity, which went late into the night.

Mal and I (and Murphy) didn’t get to bed until after 2:00 AM, so we were really tired on Sunday morning.

But, we rallied and drove out to my in-laws house…

… for a holiday party at Funny Farm!

I ate sooo many appetizers.

Orange Cream martini? YES, please!

Cranberry Apple Stuffed Pork Loin = amazing!

How was your weekend?

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } December 18, 2012 at 7:00 am

Whoever came up with the idea to make ugly sweaters cool again for Christmas is a genius.

Nicole December 18, 2012 at 7:08 am

The pork looks delicious!
    Weekend was busy with finishing shopping and doing the usual–workouts, cleaning, laundry, etc. Christmas came early in the form of new fleece sheets – my Lab approves. He’s snuggled in bed as I type this.

Monica December 18, 2012 at 7:09 am

Aww murphy is the cutest!!

Happy holiday partying :)

Tina @ Best Body Fitness December 18, 2012 at 7:23 am

That is one jam packed weekend! But it all looks so wonderful and filled with great memories. And gotta say – I’ve always wanted to attend a holiday ugly sweater party.

Kelly @ Femme Fitale December 18, 2012 at 7:29 am

There is nothing better than an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party!!! I am definitely missing it this year, having just moved to Australia. Too late now, but next year I think I will bring this amazing party theme to the land down under. Ugly Christmas Tank Tops?

Anne December 18, 2012 at 7:32 am

What a fun weekend! That tree at the farm is so beautiful, wow!

Sara @ sarasmiles December 18, 2012 at 7:48 am

You definitely had a fun-filled weekend! Very opposite of mine-I worked crazy hours last week, so come Friday I was exhausted. I got some workouts in, baked Christmas cookies, saw Anna Karenina and read a lot. Kind of lame, but relaxing!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance December 18, 2012 at 7:50 am

Ugly sweater parties are so fun! Too bad I don’t have one planned this year-next year for sure! Looks like a crazy, holiday celebrating weekend!

Kristen @ Change of Pace December 18, 2012 at 8:08 am

What a great weekend you had! I’ve got to try that pork loin :)

Lauren December 18, 2012 at 8:09 am

Wow, so many wonderful festive things this weekend! And ps- your “ugly” Christmas sweater totally doesn’t count. You looked adorable! :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 18, 2012 at 8:34 am

oh wow, haha that is quite the weekend!! So many parties but so much fun! I went to a Chicago Running Blogger holiday party this weekend aaaand… studied. So fun. haha

Sara @ fitcupcaker December 18, 2012 at 8:50 am

We had a fun weekend too. We went to an ugly Christmas sweater party, and Sunday I went to my first crossfit class! LOVED it.

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 18, 2012 at 9:34 am

Looks like a great weekend!! I wish I could eat cheese because that champagne cheese sounds AMAZING!

miriam December 18, 2012 at 9:58 am

Do you know how thrilled I am that you own/played cards against humanity?!? My best friend has it, and every time we burst out a game, we all laugh until we end up crying and the next day I have a stomachache from laughing too much. Lol, good ad workout for sure.

miriam December 18, 2012 at 10:00 am

@miriam: AB workout…I meant AB :)

Lindsay December 18, 2012 at 10:27 am

Hit or Miss! It’s the game we ALWAYS whip out at family gatherings – love it.

Beks December 18, 2012 at 10:31 am

Whipped cream flavored vodka? Sign me up! That sounds awesome! :-)

kyla December 18, 2012 at 10:53 am

I loooove cards against humanity. Oh my gosh, that always means the best game nights! What a great weekend!

Fizz @ fizzsbizz.com December 18, 2012 at 11:32 am

Big hunk of cheese, glass of bubbly and some friends around a fire sounds pretty darn good to me!

Roz@weightingfor50 December 18, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Ok…I’m totally childish, ’cause I laughed out loud at the “cutting the cheese”. sigh. Maybe in 2013 I should resolve to act my age. Nah…what am I saying? Happy Tuesday Tina.

Tina December 18, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I’m glad you laughed! I made the “cut the cheese” joke like 10 times on Saturday night! Haha!

Katie December 18, 2012 at 1:01 pm

We JUST bought Cards for Humanity! It’s a little risque, I’m embarrassed to bring it out around certain people!

Tina December 18, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Haha! I know what ya mean! :)

Tamara @ The Stretch Jean Incident December 18, 2012 at 1:02 pm

LOVE Cards Against Humanity! Definitely not for the easily-offended, but super hilarious! My husband and I played this with some friends over Thanksgiving and I snagged a set of their holiday-themed cards last week. Best party game ever!

Tina December 18, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Ha! So true! :)

Shel@PeachyPalate December 18, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Jam packed weekend! Love of the Christmas Jumpers/Tops!!! Also have to check out the stuffing for the pork loin even though I don’t eat meat the stuffing sounds GOOD!

Khushboo December 18, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Sounda like a fun wewkend!

Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife December 18, 2012 at 4:10 pm

I really wanna buy Cards Against Humanity! Ive heard such good things! & that cheese wheel looks amazingggg

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance December 18, 2012 at 7:11 pm

How long do you think it is going to take you to finish off that wheel of cheese?! haha, it is massive!

Love holiday parties. How fun that your box puts a festive party together for all of you :)

Angela December 19, 2012 at 12:53 am

Such a great weekend! That martini looks delicious! I just love this time of year. :)

Lindsay December 19, 2012 at 7:02 am

We just had a holiday party and played Catchphrase, which was a hoot…especially when our expat buddies couldn’t guess the “only in ‘Merica” clues! Game nights are the BEST;) And I LOVE Mal’s Grinch shirt!