• Super Sunday

November 5, 2012

Hello, hello!

Apparently, I’m a big fan of this post title because I used it back in December 2008 and then more recently in June with “Super Duper Sunday.” Haha! I’m so creative. Well, it was the perfect way to describe yesterday. Mal, Murphy, and I had a super Sunday!

Breakfast

I started my day with a Sweet Breakfast Scramble in an almost-empty Teddie peanut butter jar with, of course, an extra scoop because I love nut butter. And I have no shame in admitting I eat at least one jar a week by myself.

SweetBreakfastScramble_

After breakfast, Mal and I took Murphy to the dog park. It was a beautiful morning—sunny, but chilly.

We explored a new path and walked about 3 miles round trip.

Lunch

After the park, Mal and I ran some errands and then tag-teamed cleaning the house from top to bottom. Around 1:00 PM, we broke for lunch. I had some leftover chicken with avocado, salt, and pepper.

And then I made a mushy mess of mashed banana, canned pumpkin, raisins, walnuts, shredded coconut, cinnamon, and a scoop of peanut butter. Random? Yes. Delicious? Ooh, yes!

After lunch, Mal and I spent the rest of the afternoon working. He graded papers while I blogged and caught up with emails.

Dinner

For dinner, Mal and I went to Fuji 1546 for sushi. I bought an Eversave a couple of weeks ago, so we decided to cash it in last night.

To start, we ordered pan-seared Gyoza (pork dumplings).

And then a bunch of rolls to share—Spicy Tuna Maki, Volcano Maki, Fuji Tempura Maki, and Tempura Maki.

Extra wasabi? Yes, please!

I can’t even remember the last time I had sushi, so last night’s rolls tasted especially delicious.

After dinner, we came home and made a batch of hot spiced apple cider.

Holy crap, it was delicious! Mal and I must have said “this is so good” about a half dozen times while drinking it.

First fire of the season!

While we sipped our cider, Murphy enjoyed a Naylabone.

A little while later, Mal plopped down on the couch next to me with a monstrosity of an ice cream sundae made with chocolate frozen yogurt, white chocolate chunks, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Obviously, I needed to snag a couple of bites.

Weekly Workouts

• Sunday: 3-mile walk
    • Monday: CrossFit
    • Tuesday: Off
    • Wednesday: Run with Kerrie
    • Thursday: Yoga
    • Friday: CrossFit
    • Saturday: Off

Plank Challenge

Just a quick reminder to do your Monday time trial for the Plank Challenge!

If you could only eat one flavor of ice cream for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Mine would be Kimball’s Almond Joy ice cream. It’s my favorite ice cream ever.

P.S. Anne is hosting a fundraiser for Hurricane Sandy. Please check it out!

Sara @ sarasmiles November 5, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Definitely a chocolate fudge/peanut butter combination!

Claire November 5, 2012 at 8:31 pm

What a gorgeous day!! Gotta love those sunny, brisk Autumn days :)

Danielle November 5, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Love your blog and was wondering if you had a fall cocktail and appetizer favorite to share?

Thanks,
    Danielle
    couchpolitics.com

Naomi November 5, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Such a beautiful, cold Sunday! Cute canine, too.

My ice cream flavor (if I HAD to choose one!) would be either Butter Pecan or the Mayfield Cherry Vaniilla.

Sadie November 5, 2012 at 9:07 pm

I’m a sucker for Butter Pecan, but a good vanilla also hits the spot!

Kristen @ Change of Pace November 5, 2012 at 9:25 pm

What a great Sunday! All bundled up and then snuggled by the fire. That’s the way fall/winter should be!

Kristi November 5, 2012 at 9:30 pm

If I could eat any flavor of ice cream (and gain a single pound) it would totally be cookies n’ cream. I don’t care what brand because they all taste the same. I LOVE oreos!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 5, 2012 at 9:33 pm

President’s Choice candy cane chocolate chunk ice cream! It’s worth making a trip to Canada JUST to try this ice cream, I kid you not!

Peach November 5, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I sucked it up big time on my plank time trial today. Did it post-WOD, which was 1 rep max power snatches, then Randy. My arms/shoulders/back were completely fried and I only made it to 2:15 before breaking. After a rest, did another minute, then another rest, then another 45 seconds. Arrrgh. Note to self, do time trials FRESH. :)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers November 5, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Your Husbands ice cream looks to die for and so does your afternoon snack!! Your fireplace is beautiful!

Mabelle @ Dance, Love, Dine November 5, 2012 at 10:32 pm

OMG!! Sushi+ Pork Dumplins + chocolate frozen yogurt?! thats my dream meal! :) delicious.

Lindsay November 6, 2012 at 7:31 am

Ooo…that is a toughie. I think cookies and cream with peanut butter mixed in! Then I’d have to get another life, so I could eat more ice cream…

Meghan @ After the Ivy League November 6, 2012 at 8:41 am

Definitely looks like a super Sunday! Love sushi, I had some this past weekend too. Only it was takeout eaten in front of the TV ha, not quite as special! Spiked apple cider is the absolute best, perfect evening!

Emily November 6, 2012 at 11:09 am

Yay I made it to 3:45 on my time trial. Mint Chocolate Chip or something to do with peanut butter!

Ed November 6, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Man that looks like some good sushi!!! I love tempura….

Tynisha November 7, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Thanks for posting this.. It’s been a pleasure to read :)