• Social Media Motivation

November 8, 2012

Good morning! Happy Thursday!

Yesterday morning, I was in the mood for a two-ingredient pancake, but I wanted something a little different for breakfast, so I whipped up some Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter to spread on top.

Mmm… the Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter was so good. It tasted more like pumpkin and cinnamon than it did peanut butter, but it was nice and thick, so it was a satisfying addition to my breakfast.

PumpkinSpicePeanutButter

Speaking of satisfying additions, I made my two-ingredient pancake with two eggs instead of one, and I like how it turned out a lot better than the original recipe. It’s bigger and fluffier. Plus, two eggs are more satisfying than one! I also drank a glass of iced Dandy Blend with half & half.

IMG_5459

Workout

After breakfast, I did a little work and then drove to Pond Meadow Park to meet my friend Kerrie for a run.

It was 45 degrees outside, so I broke out my (ridiculously colorful) winter running gear. Brrrrrr!

I was really cold when I first started running, but not even 5 minutes later, I was warm and totally fine. I always hate those first few minutes though! Man, I hope I’m ready for winter running. I don’t have a gym membership anymore, so no treadmills for me this year. I guess I can’t be a wuss about running outside!

photo (560x750)

Kerrie and I ran a speedy two miles together around the park. We made plans to get together at Starbucks afterward, so we walked back to our respective cars and planned to meet there.

photo (1) (750x560)

As soon as I got into my car, I blasted the heat and then entered my miles into DailyMile on my iPhone (Electric Miles app). I record every single mile I run in DailyMile as a way to keep me motivated. I’m also a big fan of tweeting about my workouts, posting photos on Instagram, and creating various “fitspiration” boards on Pinterest. Doing these things keep me accountable, motivated, and organized. I also love following and interacting with other health and fitness enthusiasts on these channels because they constantly inspire me and give me great ideas that help make me a healthier person.

DailyMile

At Starbucks, while I worked with Kerrie, I sipped on a decaf caramel brulee Americano with a splash of milk. It was my first red cup of the year, and it was, oh, so delicious!

Plank Challenge

Yesterday’s Plank Challenge workout totally slipped my mind. I didn’t even think about it until late in the day yesterday. Sorry, guys! I ended up doing a workout that I made up a few weeks ago for Health: 10-Minute Plank Workout. It’s a good one! Let me know what you think of it!

Do you use social media (blog, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest) to tell people about your workouts? Why or why not?

Laura November 8, 2012 at 6:03 pm

That pumpkin spice peanut butter sounds AWESOME. I am a big fan of Better N Peanut Butter brand, since it’s healthier, so may try that as a way to spice it up. Maybe I can even try doctoring it up with ginger and cinnamon to be like Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter? THAT stuff is addicting!

Kim November 8, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Love the running gear. What type of pants are those? Can’t wait to try pumpkin spiced peanut butter!

Dani November 8, 2012 at 9:12 pm

holy crap that plank workout was tough! the last two-minute plank i was DYING! thanks for that :)

i post all my workouts on dailymile, but never twitter or facebook as i feel like i’ll come off as bragging or vain. but i do love dailymile and am religious about posting there!

luv what you do November 8, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I ws just going to ask if I missed the workout from yesterday because I couldn’t find it. Those pants are crazy colorful! I don’t have a gym membership either so it will be some chilly runs for me this winter too! That PB looks incredible and perfect for PB month : )

elle | nutritionella November 8, 2012 at 11:27 pm

I don’t share my workouts via social media but I do recap them on my blog – I tend to ignore the Tweets and FB posts about others workouts – I’d rather read about them on their blogs! PS those tights are kind of amazing. Who makes them?

Dawn November 9, 2012 at 6:38 am

It’s funny you posted about daily mile. I totally forgot about the app on my phone to log my miles. I am going to make it a goal to log the information more.

This weather is awful…so cold and now I think I’m getting sick…I hope not!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 9, 2012 at 7:18 am

Sometimes if I have a really good run or if I try out a new workout I’ll tweet about it, but I definitely don’t talk about all my workouts because usually they’re not that interesting! :P

Kelly@BalancedDaily November 9, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Those running spandex are very fun! I agree that the first few minutes absolutely suck, especially because I have terrible circulation in my hands and feet, so my toes always feel frozen- not easy to run on! The keys are gloves and a hat! I never usually post about my workouts on social media only because I don’t like to brag or show off- although that seems like the main reason almost everyone my age even bothers with social media, to fish for compliments. But I can definitely see how sites like DailyMile are a good way to track and see progress.

Amber November 6, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Your running gear is so cute! Also I’ve been obsessed with your 2-ingredient pancake for over a year now! Thanks for posting that recipe :)

Tina November 6, 2013 at 1:39 pm

So glad to hear that! :)