• Reebok Blogger Event: Lunch & Running

November 19, 2012

After the CrossFit WOD, we headed back to Reebok Headquarters to learn about some new products that are hitting the market in 2013. We weren’t allowed to snap photos, but, trust me, Reebok has some really awesome stuff coming out in the next few months. Let’s just say you’ll see lots of bright colors and crazy-cool patterns on just about everything!

A little while later, it was time for lunch, and I was more than ready to eat! Feed me!

041

On the menu: salad, fresh raw veggies, chicken, beef, salmon, grilled sweet potatoes, and Paleo cookies. It was all of my favorite foods and everything tasted delicious, so I was a happy camper.

038

My plate (I later went back for a second Paleo cookie):

039

During lunch, the guys and ladies were split up, so we could participate in apparel-specific focus groups. It was a neat opportunity to provide feedback with our experience wearing Reebok apparel and working with the brand so far. I feel like at our last trip to Reebok, everyone was a little shy about giving their honest opinion, but, this time, the group was a lot more open and honest. Reebok was really listened to our suggestions and even encouraged constructive criticism. Just like with the CrossFit line, they wanted to hear feedback from real consumers in order to improve and make their gear the best on the market.

After lunch, we headed outside for a run around the Reebok campus. It was a little chilly, but once we started moving, it was a fun and energizing (!) way to end our day at Reebok. I was sort of feeling the afternoon slump before we started running, but I was wide awake after we finished it!

042

Leading our run was Patrick Joyce, the senior manager of Reebok running sports marketing. He also heads up Reebok’s running club and once ran professionally for Addidas. Doesn’t he kind of look like Bob Harper?

043

We started with a one-mile warm up.

044

And then lined up for a mile-long Indian Run. Remember Indian Runs from high school? (We always did them in soccer practice.) If not, here’s how it works: Everyone lines up and the last person in the line sprints to the front of the line while everyone jogs along. Then, the next person at the end of the line sprints to the front of the line and so on.

046

It’s pretty exhausting, but a lot of fun and it definitely keeps things interesting!

047

Below L to R: Heather, Erika, Anne, Patrick, Jess, Julie, me, Jeremy, Bonnie, and Lala.

048

I can’t say thank you enough to Reebok for such an awesome fitness experience on Friday. I loved learning about what the company has on tap for the coming months (product- and technology-wise) and look forward to working together in the future. I’m honored to have been part of such an amazing event. Thanks to Fitfluential for making it happen!

Do you currently wear Reebok apparel? What do you think of it?

Tiff (@LoveSweatBeers) November 19, 2012 at 11:25 am

I remember Indian runs! How fun! (Oh my, I never thought I’d say that back in middle school soccer days. haha)

Tina November 19, 2012 at 12:48 pm

@Tiff (@LoveSweatBeers): Haha! I know, right? I thought the same thing!

Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) November 19, 2012 at 11:26 am

I have a few pieces and love everything I own. My husband does crossfit so he has a lot more and it’s pretty much all he wants to buy!

Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 19, 2012 at 11:27 am

Ah, Indian Runs! We did those for field-hockey all the time! When my coach gave us the choice of running sprints or doing an Indian run, we always went with the run. Eventually, she figured out our preference and didn’t give us a choice anymore, ha!

Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution November 19, 2012 at 11:33 am

I don’t currently own anything Reebok (other than the #GetAfterIt shirt I won on Courtney’s blog), but after reading the blogs of all you ladies who went this weekend, I’m definitely going to soon. I love those jackets everyone has, and it seems like their workout gear is really great (without being overly expensive).

Becky @ Olives n Wine November 19, 2012 at 11:41 am

I have the Reebok SmoothFlex running shoes and I love them! They are super lightweight and flexible for my running. My CrossFit coach doesn’t care for them though… apparently they make me look unbalanced and like I am always on my toes during lifts :)

Tina November 19, 2012 at 12:48 pm

@Becky @ Olives n Wine: You should get the Nano 2.0′s! They’re awesome for CrossFit! :)

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run} November 19, 2012 at 11:44 am

I don’t have any Reebok attire – yet! – but I certainly want to add some to my exercise clothes repertoire. I love that purple tank you have with the think Reebok straps.

Brooke @ BeingVivacious November 19, 2012 at 11:52 am

You are so lucky that you got to do this. This seems like such a fun experience!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 19, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I have 2 items of Reebok gear and I’m not a huge fan, but ready to be won over. I have a pair of capris that I bought online because they were on sale and they are the most horribly awkward fitting things I’ve ever worn, immediately went into my donate pile. I also have the shoes from Healthy Living Summit which I like, but I have a narrow foot and they don’t fit really well.

Sarah @PickyRunner November 19, 2012 at 12:24 pm

It is so great that you got to sneak preview all of the new apparel! It looks like you ladies had such a fabulous time at Reebok and I am loving reading about your weekend :)

Kerry @ Totes My Oats November 19, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Oh, how I loved/hated Indian runs at soccer practice in high school!

Heather @ passthedressing November 19, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Ugh. I hated those in soccer practice.

Unrelated and I don’t know if you need more pug artwork or pug gifts but Rue La La is having a hilarious sale right now for animal lovers.

I had to laugh at the “Childlike Pug” painting.

If you need an invite, here ya go:

Tina November 19, 2012 at 12:49 pm

@Heather @ passthedressing: That is adorable! :)

NYC Fit GIrl November 19, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I workout at CrossFit Fifth Ave and the store is right upstairs. It’s so bad after my WOD I always go up stairs and see what they got in!

Mo November 19, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I totally remember Indian runs from my high school soccer days….now I know why I was in such great shape back then! I’m glad you had a great time with Reebok!

Kristen @ Change of Pace November 19, 2012 at 12:49 pm

We used to do Indian runs for basketball in high school. I don’t know if I’d survive one now haha! What a fun thing to participate in!

Corrie Anne November 19, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I actually bought a pair of Reebok running shoes — I was influenced by all their blog and CrossFit coverage. And I liked them until they both got holes in them verrrrry quickly. My Nikes lasted at least twice as long so I was disappointed to have to buy new shoes so quickly. I’d probably buy a pair of shoes for general training from them sometime though, and I’m surprised by how cute a lot of their newer stuff is.

Nicole@ livingthesweetlifestl.wordpress.com November 19, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I don’t own anything reebok but am going to start crossfit sometime early 2013 and I know they have a lot of stuff geared towards that so I will have to check that stuff out then.

Candice@allthingsyogi.com November 19, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Looks like you had fun! I am super jealous you got to go to the Reebok headquarters.

I dont wear Reebok apparrel. I use to work at Lululemon so I am a big fan of their clothing and I like Nike too.

Laura @ RunningJunkie123 November 19, 2012 at 1:26 pm

So lucky that you get to have these experiences!

I used to have to do the Indian Run during Lacross practice. I hated but also loved them. We also did a workout like that with sprinting down the hallway, then setting into a wall sit, until each girl was lined up, then start again….

I don’t think that I have Reebok gear.

Kerry @ Totes My Oats November 19, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Unfortunately, I don’t have any Reebok gear but their stuff looks great!

Ashley @ LibertyBelles November 19, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Such a fun weekend! That WOD looks like such a fun workout!

Suzanne November 19, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I have a pair of SubLite runners that I love, but I actually don’t wear them for running…they’re more of a fashion sneaker for me :) I prefer Asics for running. My 8 and 11 year old children wear ReeFlex sneakers and love them!

Traci November 19, 2012 at 2:24 pm

The majority of my workout stuff is Reebok. Love it!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 19, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Looks like a fun event! I’ve had a hard time with the fit of Reebok apparel. I WANT to love it, especially since I always hear such great things but I bought a GroupOn earlier this year that I had to do 2 or 3 exchanges until I found a product that fit. Thankfully someone recommended a product/size and knowing we were about the same size I figured it would fit. It did but it’s still funky for me at the arm pit…?!

Sara P. (http://fitcupcaker.blogspot.com November 19, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I like reebok stuff- its usually cheaper than nike, under armor etc…

Amanda Jewell November 19, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Hey Tina,

I do a Crossfit type workout (high intensity circuits containing olympic weights, boxing, row, TRX, sprints, prowler, etc..) + occasionally run (no more than 3 miles). I can’t really afford to buy 2 pairs of shoes so I’m looking for a shoe that will allow me to do all of the above effectively and without pain. What shoe would you recommend (in the reebok brand or otherwise)?

Tina November 19, 2012 at 2:56 pm

The Reebok RealFlex. They’re an awesome all-around fitness shoe. They’re lightweight and flexible, so they’re great for CrossFit- or Bootcamp-style workouts as well as running shorter distances. I run up to 5 or 6 miles in mine. They also come in tons of fun colors!

Amanda Jewell November 20, 2012 at 12:21 am

@Tina: thanks a bunch lady!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 19, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I’ve actually never been much of a Reebok fan, but it really seems like they’ve stepped up their game in the past couple years so I’d love to try out more of their apparel! Nike and C9 from Target are some of my favorite workout brands.

Tina November 19, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Yes, they definitely have!

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige November 19, 2012 at 2:50 pm

How fun!! Reebok sure knows how to feed a group of hungry bloggers. Now I’m hungry again, haha :)

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles November 19, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Honestly, I wear whatever is on sale. I trash clothes pretty quickly so they have to be cheap.

The Kidless Kronicles

Gianna November 19, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I have to say, I have always shied away from Reebok for running apparel. But, work gave me a bunch of new running gear; one item being a Reebok running skirt. OBSESSED. Not sure if it was the fact that it is a skirt (first one!) or the fit that made me more excited but I wore it for a 7.5 miler Saturday and 15 miler Sunday and am officially hooked. I will be checking out what else they have to offer.

Claire Chappell November 19, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I am sure I have some Reebok among my Marshall’s / TJ Maxx fitness-wear finds, but what I wanted to say is that I am an avid reader of your blog as well as Julie’s … so it is so funny and cool to see you ladies at an event together and read your perspectives/recount of the weekend. You are both fantastic and inspirational, THANK YOU!

Jodea @ chillichocolatelove.blogspot November 19, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I’ve got a Reebok set of t-shirt and track pants I’ve had a couple of years now. They keep their colour and shape after hundreds of washes and are really flattering. Definite winner for me.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail November 19, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Aw–I’m going to relive this experience through everyone’s post! So fun to reconnect with you Tina!

Jeremy Scott Fitness November 19, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Awesome post – can’t wait to do it again!!!!

Ida November 19, 2012 at 9:23 pm

don’t own any reebok, not very impressed by the look of it. the pumps were the only cool thing they ever made, imo.

Val November 20, 2012 at 12:11 am

Do you own any of the Reebok Crossfit Shoes? I’m interested in getting some, but have issues with plantar fasciitis and am cautious about minimalist style shoes.

Caitlin November 20, 2012 at 9:41 am

I love your run leader’s bright shoes! The run around the Reebok campus sounds great. I wish we had gotten to do that in May! It’s such a cool place and I want to visit again for sure. And OMG that lunch sounds to die for. Salmon and sweet potatoes? Nom.

Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper November 21, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Patrick’s shoes are amazing. That is all.

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction January 24, 2013 at 9:37 am

Most of my clothes are black or white…boring but realistic! I do try to add a splash of color here and there though! I just bought a hot pinkracer back from Lu Lu!