• Pug Positions

November 30, 2012

Right before I fell asleep last night, I told Murphy he needed to become a “baguette.” He was curled up like a “croissant” and hogging the bed.

Mal was almost asleep, so he muttered something about Murphy being a “croissant” and rolled over. He wasn’t surprised at all that I used bread to describe the position in which our dog was sleeping. He knew exactly what I meant. We’ve actually referred to Murphy as a “baguette” or “croissant” for many months now (not normal), which got me thinking about the other names we use and (weird) pug positions Murphy contorts his body into. Here are some of my favorites!

“Sack of Pug”

“One-legged Wonder”

Squishy pug

“Butt Sitter”

“Road Cone”

“Buddha Pug”

_MG_9102 (852x1280)_MG_9092 (852x1280)

Tom Green

tom green

Pug Loafor “Slug Dog”

pug loaf

No name for this one, but it’s ridiculous…

073 (675x900)

“Pug Pretzel”

pug pretzel

“Grinch Face”

I hope this post made you smile and started your Friday off on the right foot!

Kelly@BalancedDaily November 30, 2012 at 10:28 am

Haha this is great. Love the “censored” sign on one of the pictures. Dogs are the best, they bring simple joy to life and Murphy is adorable!

Christine November 30, 2012 at 10:46 am

The Buddha Pug pictures cracked me up. Murphy is awesome.

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction November 30, 2012 at 10:48 am

Omg Tina this post is hilarious!!! I love Murphy he is so cute!! My puggle does all of those same poses…hahaha!

Joslyn November 30, 2012 at 10:49 am

The “censored” had me laughing! Murphy is so cute!!

Laura@ Eat Right Newsletter November 30, 2012 at 10:52 am

Your dog is so cute! I love pugs!

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles November 30, 2012 at 10:53 am

Buddha was the best. We have a 70lb coonhound and I am constantly amazed at how small he can make himself, curled up into a tight, little ball.

The Kidless Kronicles

Kelly November 30, 2012 at 11:07 am

This post was the first thing I read this morning and Murphy definitely made me smile :)

Funaek November 30, 2012 at 11:29 am

These are hilarious and adorable! I am so going to use croissant from now on, that’s such a perfect term! I refer to the one-legged wonder as the pug slump and the squishing between me and the back of a sofa/chair I call the pug wedge!

Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats November 30, 2012 at 11:32 am

Loooove all of these :) Especially road cone and buddha pug!

Alexandra @ Alexandra in Moscow November 30, 2012 at 11:36 am

Hahaha! I love the Grinch Face!!

Katie November 30, 2012 at 11:42 am

LOL! I love the censored one… hahahaha so cute!

Emily @ www.main-eats.com November 30, 2012 at 11:50 am

Ha ha-great post and a great start to my Friday! : ) Thanks!
    LOVE the censor-you are so funny!

Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete November 30, 2012 at 11:58 am

Hahahah all these photos made me laugh! Thanks for sharing :) My favorite is the one you don’t actually have a name for. I used to have a cat that did that – would shove herself directly between me and the couch, or the couch cushion. No idea why.

Michelle November 30, 2012 at 12:02 pm

This cracked me up! Totally made my morning! Thank you :)

Caleigh November 30, 2012 at 12:31 pm

The Grinch face is hysterical!

Becca November 30, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I die. I’m still amazed that no Boston area reader has ever tired to dognap Murphy. He is too. cute.

Peggi November 30, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Oh, I just love him :)

GreenGirlRunning November 30, 2012 at 1:20 pm

That was great! He is the cutest pug! I love how involved Murphy seems to be with you guys all the time. My dog doesn’t interact with us unless there’s food, he hears “walk” or “greenie” :)

Brittany @ Read, Run, Repeat November 30, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Oh my gosh, this post made me smile — I need to start naming my dog’s weirdo positions — although she’s a little bit larger :) But my parents have a pug for a long time — he’s an old guy now — but he used to lay in sorts of funny contortions too 😉

Angela November 30, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I totally chuckled when I saw these pictures of sweet Murphy! My pug, Roxie, who I swear could be Murph’s twin, has identical poses! I laugh at her all the time! My favorite is the “squishy” face. I just have to give Rox kisses when she does that! So sweet!

Ed November 30, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Those are some cute photos and I love the names!

Emily November 30, 2012 at 2:32 pm

LOL @ “Tom Green”, nailed it.

Jordan November 30, 2012 at 3:01 pm

We have a Weimaraner, and when he’s in “croissant” position we call him a tortellini. Our cute gray pasta dog. :)

Alyssa November 30, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Hahaha, Murphy is such a hilarious dog!

Erin November 30, 2012 at 4:03 pm

This post made me crack up!!! Hilarious! My favorites are Grinch Face and Buddha Pug.

Courtney November 30, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Thank you for that! I need a good laugh. My pug, who looks like Murphy’s brother, has been hogging the bed lately in the “croissant” position. I now know what to call it! Does Murphy ever lay in what I call the “Snoopy?” On his back, completely straight with his arms out like a butler with a tray? It’s hilarious.

Allison November 30, 2012 at 4:39 pm

HAHA! the grinch face kills me!

Tara November 30, 2012 at 4:55 pm

loved this post!
    We have 2 dogs, and they seem to try to have a contest on who can get the most attention from us. Inching their way closer to us on the couch or bed. Sometimes, they will lay right across our chest/body, we call it the ‘crusher’. They both weigh 50+ lbs, and it can be hard to breathe!!

Jody November 30, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Thank you! Laughed right out loud!

Rachelyn Teague November 30, 2012 at 6:26 pm

This post just made my day! My Cairn Terrier does the same poses, especially the “one legged wonder” and “pretzel.” Dogs are just the best.

Amber November 30, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I have a basset hound and he always spoons next to me at night in the baguette position!! Sometimes with his butt in my face… The hound always wins..

Herbivore Triathlete November 30, 2012 at 7:35 pm

I love your pug posts! I have an 8 year old fawn female pug named Esther, I can totally relate! Murphy looks pretty big, is he a larger pug?

Tina November 30, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Yes, he’s massive! 27 pounds!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 30, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Love this! My pug is about the same size as Murphy and he gets himself in some pretty crazy positions! They are the goofiest dogs.

Danica @ It's Progression November 30, 2012 at 8:37 pm

that censored picture really made me laugh :)

Jess B. November 30, 2012 at 9:28 pm

When an animal is sitting on the ground and lifts one leg to “clean” themselves, my dad calls it “playing the cello”

Amy C. November 30, 2012 at 9:37 pm

OMG! Murphy is soooo cute! I have 2 pugs myself and see many of those poses! LOL!

Lea @ Greens and Coffee Beans November 30, 2012 at 10:55 pm

The Grinch face makes me laugh! It’s too ridiculous. And look at Murphy in that “butt sitter” picture, trying to show off his naughty bits to the whole blog world! So scandalous.

ornella December 1, 2012 at 9:16 am

ahaahahahah so funny , he’s so cute

Krysten December 1, 2012 at 9:19 am

I have a pug and can relate to all of this!! So cute!

Tricia December 1, 2012 at 11:52 am

I can totally relate. Speaking of dogs, where are the blog dog posts??

Mo December 1, 2012 at 1:57 pm

The “Tom Green” – CLASSIC!! MY bum is on your face. BA HA HA

Roz@weightingfor50 December 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm

OMG….I almost snorted coffee out my mouth for the “Tom Green”. Ah, ha, ha….
    Hilarious!!!!!!!! Have a great weekend Tina. Ah, ha, ha….still laughing.

Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper December 2, 2012 at 10:18 am

“Sack of pug” is hands down my favorite. Murphy, Murphy, Murphy…

Anna December 3, 2012 at 9:43 am

Hilarious! We totally name our cat’s positions, too. My favorite is “modified loaf”, also known as The Stingray, which is when he lays on his stomach, tucks all of his limbs underneath him (so that he looks like a loaf of bread) but leaves his tail sticking straight out behind him.

You should rename the “One-legged Wonder” the “Angelina Jolie” (for her most recent Oscar dress!!)

Tina December 3, 2012 at 9:59 am

@Anna: Haha!

Cassandra December 5, 2012 at 10:32 am

Hahaha!! I love that you call his positions baguette and croissant! I have two cats and they like to curl up like croissants on my bed. The problem is they pick different sides of the bed, so I have to sleep around them like a snake. Sigh… the things we do for our pets!

Roxanne April 17, 2013 at 5:53 am

Like a croissant! lol… Can do a book on these cute pug postures