• Just Married!

November 5, 2012

On Saturday afternoon, Mal and I had the pleasure of attending Elizabeth and Nick’s wedding. We first met these two at an early-morning marathon training run a little more than two years ago. Since then, we’ve become great friends, so it was really wonderful to be part of their big day and celebrate the start of their married life together.

After the ceremony, which was beautiful and made me tear-up a number of times (Elizabeth and Nick are truly the perfect compliments for one another), we headed to the Multicultural Arts Center in Cambridge for the reception.

The reception started with a cocktail hour, so I grabbed a glass of wine and chowed down on some appetizers—cheese, veggies + hummus, and various passed appetizers—I pretty much ate one of everything that came my way!

M + T!

A little while later, it was time to go into the main room for dinner.

What an amazing space for a wedding reception!

I loved the ceiling! Gorgeous!

Mal and I sat at a table with Bridget and her husband, Brian. It was so nice to see them!

After the wedding party was introduced, the new couple made their grand entrance!

For dinner, we started with salad with a balsamic dressing.

For the main course, I had chicken stuffed with creamy spinach and roasted potatoes and broccoli on the side. It was really good!

And, for dessert, I housed a bunch of cake pops. Remember when Elizabeth and Nick invited Mal and me to sample some of the delicious goodies they were considering for their wedding?

Well, we were just a tad excited that they chose cake pops!

Mal and I decided to name our first born child “Cake Pop Haupert.”

Here we are with the happy couple! Elizabeth looked so pretty. Her dress was absolutely stunning.

After dessert, I put my camera away and spent the rest of the night getting down on the dance floor. It was such a fun wedding! Congrats to Elizabeth and Nick!!!!

What’s your favorite song to dance to at a wedding?

Currently, I’m a fan of “Gangnam Style,” but my forever-favorites are “Don’t Stop Believin’,” “Livin’ on a Prayer,” “Total Eclipse of the Heart,” and pretty much anything by Michael Jackson.

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } November 5, 2012 at 7:42 am

You both look gorgeous and the wedding was beautiful! I love the dress your friend Bridget has on!

Leah @ Chocolate and Wild Air November 5, 2012 at 7:49 am

Beautiful dress – both you and the bride. Looks like a fabulous evening!! I love a good wedding :)

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh November 5, 2012 at 7:51 am

That looks like a beautiful wedding and I think a child named Cake Pop is completely appropriate. They could go by C.P. if kids made fun of them because they didn’t get the awesomeness of the name.

I’m an old schooler so no party is properly started until Kool and the Gang’s Celebration comes on.

Tina November 5, 2012 at 7:57 am

Haha! I like C.P. Haupert! :)

Christina November 5, 2012 at 7:53 am

I love your dress and necklace! I love dancing to Greek songs at weddings. Greek weddings are so much fun! Have a great day :)

Lauren November 5, 2012 at 7:53 am

What a beautiful wedding and I love the idea of cake pops! I remember talking to Elizabeth about her wedding at the HLS in August, wow that went by so fast!

Blog is the New Black November 5, 2012 at 7:56 am

Those cake pops are so fun!

Amelia November 5, 2012 at 7:59 am

Omg, seriously you and the bride look stunning! I love her wedding dress, especially the shap of the tob bust/ torso. It reminds me of mine, except mine wasn’t poofy on the bottom.

Funny name for a first born…’cake pop’. Makes me chuckle b/c you know it will prob be a nickname. :)

Hilary November 5, 2012 at 8:06 am

What a beautiful church!

Cassie @ CassieRanae.com November 5, 2012 at 8:11 am

My boyfriend is all about Gangam Style right now and kept drunkenly shouting about/requesting it at the wedding we attended two weeks ago. When it was finally played, the crowd loved it, though, so it was shouting well spent. :)

I’m a hip hop girl, so when something comes on I know everyone else knows the words/will get down to–like Blackstreet “I Like the Way You Work It”–I get pumped and engage everyone around me to do a tasteful, wedding-appropriate dirty dance.

Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness November 5, 2012 at 8:22 am

What a beautiful wedding location! Love your dress too!

eliza November 5, 2012 at 8:24 am

you all look great!
    where is your dress from? Its SO cute

Tina November 5, 2012 at 8:25 am

Thanks! It’s from Marshalls! :)

Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) November 5, 2012 at 8:33 am

Love the necklace you wore – so cute!

Tiff (@LoveSweatBeers) November 5, 2012 at 8:40 am

What beautiful venues! So fitting for such a lovely couple. :)

I like dancing to ChaChaSlide and just about anything with a quick pace.

Katie D. November 5, 2012 at 8:48 am

We do a zumba-fied “Gangam Style” in zumba, it is so fun!

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 5, 2012 at 8:52 am

A family friend of mine did cake pops at her wedding last year and they were a huge hit! And I love your dress!

Ali @ Peaches and Football November 5, 2012 at 8:53 am

Aww the picture of you and Mal is adorable. You should frame that one – it’s a keeper!

When we went to a wedding last month, “Sexy and I Know It” seemed to get the most people out on the dance floor (and the most laughs).

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 5, 2012 at 8:55 am

What a beautiful reception location. And I LOVE your dress, where is it from?

Tina November 5, 2012 at 9:08 am

Thanks! Marshalls!

NYC Fit GIrl November 5, 2012 at 9:05 am

ok those cake pops looks so damn good!!! I love get this party started by black eye peas!

Suzanne November 5, 2012 at 9:07 am

Just beautiful, great photos!

Summer Wind :)

Jamie @ StudioEats November 5, 2012 at 9:25 am

Beautiful dress Tina!

Tracy November 5, 2012 at 9:31 am

Love your dress-Looks like such a fun wedding.
    Also…I think Mal looks very like the main guy in homeland. Random!

Kelly@BalancedDaily November 5, 2012 at 9:32 am

Haha great choices, I also love Total Eclipse of the Heart- never gets old. Really like your simple black dress, you can never go wrong with an LBD. I probably would have eaten about 5 cake pops, they’re delicious and a great idea for a wedding, IMO.

Beks November 5, 2012 at 9:32 am

The bride’s dress is so beautiful! So are the church and venue.

I love dancing to Journey. “Don’t Stop Believin'” is my jam. LOL Reminds me of College.

Danielle November 5, 2012 at 9:43 am

I MUST KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THAT DRESS. So adorable–you and Mal both look great!

Tina November 5, 2012 at 10:30 am

Marshalls! :)

Madi November 5, 2012 at 9:54 am

love your dress! and necklace! so cute :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape November 5, 2012 at 9:58 am

What beautiful pictures! My favorite wedding song is probably the Cha Cha Slide. That will definitely be played at my wedding. Repeatedly. lol

Parita @ myinnershakti November 5, 2012 at 10:03 am

Looks like a beautiful wedding! My favorite songs are always the way old school ones like The Electric Slide…oh the memories! I love it when everyone gets up and on the dance floor!

Khushboo November 5, 2012 at 10:17 am

I’ve never tried a cake pop but clearly that needs to change!

Lea @ Greens and Coffee Beans November 5, 2012 at 10:29 am

The wedding looks like it was beautiful, and I think Cake Pop Haupert sounds very distinguished (:

Sarah November 5, 2012 at 10:36 am

Your dress is gorgeous!!! Seriously, it’s beautiful! And the venue they chose is stunning as well. This is just a pretty post in general 😉
    Especially the dessert. Holy mackerel, I could devour everything on that table right now!

Corrie Anne November 5, 2012 at 10:40 am

I love your LBD — going to weddings is so fun!!!!!!

Jess@atasteofconfidence November 5, 2012 at 10:56 am

Love the dress! I like dancing to paradise by the dashboard light..mainly because our family/friends have a guy/girl singing it back and forth tradition.

Lauren @ The Homeostatic Mindset November 5, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Your dress + the pop of colour from your necklace= Stunning!!!! :)

Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real November 5, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I have to ask if Mal is celebrating Movember with his mustache!? You look great in your dress and it looked like a fun wedding!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance November 5, 2012 at 1:44 pm

HAHA! I fear your child’s future in school with a name like “cake pop.”

Taylor November 5, 2012 at 1:54 pm

The name Cake Pop Haupert caught me off guard…I cracked up! Too funny.

Michelle (Peachy Palate) November 5, 2012 at 2:49 pm

What a beautiful setting! Love the cake idea – those cake pops look so fun! Also love your dress! Very classy!

Angela@The Chicken Scoop November 5, 2012 at 6:06 pm

I hate dancing at weddings. Really. And my husband is more shy than me so that leaves us mingling and socializing *around* the dancefloor!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 5, 2012 at 6:52 pm

What a beautiful wedding and reception! Congrats to Elizabeth and Nick.

LOL at naming your child Cake Pop. I actually wouldn’t put it past a celebrity to name their kid that these days. 😛

Amy November 5, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Well, I’m likely older than most of the gals here, but I always request “Proud Mary” by Ike and Tina Turner. The I burn up the dance floor recreating Angela Bassett as Tina Turner. I generally throw out a vertibrae…but it’s always worth the laughs.

Lindsay November 6, 2012 at 7:35 am

Okay. I LOVE that you LOVE Gangnam Style because I currently live in S. Korea and everywhere I go the Koreans ask, “You American? You love PSY?? Gangnam #1!!” And we even went to a HUGE concert to see him live in Seoul because he hit #1 on the charts in America. Its kind of a big deal;) Anyway, I hate all line dances…(and only because I was crew for Carnival Cruise Lines and had to do Deck Party of line dances for 9+ months straight) but if FOOTLOOSE comes on I am wild with excitement! Sorry for the length of comment…I just REALLY wanted to share today!!

Caitlin November 7, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Oh my gosh I love that necklace/dress combo! Where did you get them?

Tina November 7, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Thanks! The dress is from Marshalls and the necklace is from H&M.

Adrianna November 7, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I’m obsessed with her dress!!! so stunning!