• CNC Over the Years

November 9, 2012

Carrots ‘N’ Cake has had quite a few different looks over the years!

February 2008

Snapshot 2010-08-23 09-41-11.tiff

September 2008

Snapshot 2010-08-23 09-39-56.tiff

August 2010

2012-11-09_0733

September 2011

CNC_November_2012

And now CNC has a new look! Did you see it?

The current layout isn’t all that different, but I think it’s a little easier on the eyes. I thought it was a tad overwhelming before. I hope you guys like it! I’ll be updating the pages in the coming weeks—some of them haven’t been updated in more than a year!

Breakfast

This morning’s breakfast was a Sweet Breakfast Scramble with a scoop of sunflower butter in the mix. I also added cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and ground flaxseed meal to this batch. Best breakfast ever.

I also drank a glass of iced Dandy Blend with organic half & half.

How long have you been reading CNC? Which of these layouts do you remember?

P.S. Gina is hosting a bake sale to raise money for the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. Please head on over and check it out. My Paleo Morning Glory Muffins are up for grabs!

MB November 9, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I don’t remember exactly when I started reading but I remember all the layouts so I’m thinking since 2008. Still can’t believe we haven’t met in person since I work in Boston and live within walking distance to Teddy PB. It almost happened at a blogger meet up at Eastern Standard a couple of years ago but something came up and you couldn’t make it. Hopefully it will happen before your next layout change. Have a great weekend!!!

Moira November 9, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I bid on your muffins! I hope I win!

Robyn November 9, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I started reading your blog Feburary 2012 and I found out about it when I saw your book at barnes and noble (which I read in 1 day)

Michelle (Peachy Palate) November 9, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Love the new layout! It’s pretty similar to Julie’s new layout on PB Fingers! Did you do it yourself? I’m so bad when it comes to anything other than just posting a post!

Tina November 9, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I hired some one to change my header, but the layout has been like that for awhile now! :)

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance November 9, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I have only been reading since the past layout. You are by far by favorite blog to read, though.

I am looking for someone amazing to revamp my blog, who do you use?

Tina November 9, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Ryan from No More Bacon! He’s great!

Tricia November 9, 2012 at 6:09 pm

I remember all but the first one. I started reading in the fall of 2009 during my internship (those long hours and not always packed schedule = time on the ‘net).

Nicole November 9, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I love the Murphy twin in the August 2010 layout!!

colleen November 9, 2012 at 7:37 pm

I started reading in July 2009. Keep it up!

Susie Le November 9, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I’ve been reading since 2008, I don’t remember for sure if I saw the first one up there on your post.. I want to think that I did though because you were one of the first blogs I began reading and that was ~May 2008. I love your blog and you are such an inspiration. I have so little will power and hope I can one day be as disciplined as you. Get my diet and exercise in order. I want some muscles and to be toned. I’m tired of being so.. round. :/

PS. My favorite bg is the one with the pug :)

Melissa November 9, 2012 at 11:52 pm

I love the new layout! It’s the same, but different! :) I’ve been wanting to take my blog layout and design to the next level but haven’t had any time. Here’s more motivation!

Meg November 10, 2012 at 12:48 am

I’ve been reading since 2008. I remember them all! <3 the pug one.

Sabrina November 10, 2012 at 8:02 am

I think I have been reading your blog for about one and a half years already more or less regularly! I tried to look for the oldest post I can remember I read, but I couldn’t figure it out. As I’m reading it with the google reader app I don’t notice layout changes ;)

Oh and I wanted to share this link with you: http://eu.fab.com/sale/2232/product/70326/?sid

Hilarious, isn’t it?!

Tina November 10, 2012 at 8:04 am

That’s a cool shirt! :)

Ellen Renee November 10, 2012 at 11:46 am

I remember them all but haven’t been reading since the beginning. Very 1st blog I read (never even knew such things existed….I am old!) was Eat Like Me when Cristin was writing it. One day some person mentioned in the comments….if you want to see how a real person eats go read tina at carrotsncake…so I followed the link and have read your blog every single day since. I still read Eat Like Me, Pioneer Woman and you without fail. Have learned so much from the blog world – thank you!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 10, 2012 at 6:47 pm

It’s so fun to see the way blog looks change over the years. I wish I had pics of my old layouts. I might have to search for ‘em. ;)

Amanda Hollenbaugh November 11, 2012 at 10:33 am

You were the first food blogger I encountered. I don’t even remember how I came across your blog, but I started reading during the early parts of your Sept 2008 transition and have loved everything about it. There was a point when my computer broke down that I dropped all blog reading for a few months, but as soon as I had access again I read from the point that I dropped off. It’s crazy how you start to perceive things. I’ll say something like “yea, Tina,….” and my friends look at me like “who?” because we all have mutual friends so they get all confused. The new layout is definitely easier on the eyes.

Tina November 11, 2012 at 10:51 am

Haha! That’s awesome! We’re Internet friends! :)

Adrianna November 11, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I’ve been reading since 2009;you were the first fitness/food blog I found, and still read bc I love it! you’re always fresh with content but so down to earth and realistic. and your little family cannot be beat on hilarity and cuteness!

Tina November 11, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Aww, thanks! :)

Meghan@themeghamix November 12, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Love the different looks! I miss sunflower butter…you were the one who inspired me to try it, and I love it, but Trader Joe’s doesn’t seem to carry it. :( Ah, well, maybe someday I’ll splurge on a Whole Foods trip!

Michelyn Kemp November 10, 2014 at 11:36 am

I have been following for about 1.5 years; however, I actually also like your layout from August 2010 as well.