• CNC Meal Plan: Week of November 4

November 4, 2012

Hi, friends! Happy Sunday!

I did all of my meal planning like I normally do for my shopping this week, but then I forgot my grocery list at home. Doh! I wasn’t about to drive home to get it, so I did my best to remember the meals (and their ingredients) I had planned for the week. I actually remembered just about everything (yay!), but I ended up shopping off my list quite a bit. I bought some apple cider and mulling spices (along other things), which, of course, isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but I definitely didn’t stick to our budget this week and went over about $20. Oops! I guess that list was kind of important. Lesson learned!

grocerycartnovember4

Here’s this week’s meal plan and shopping list:

• Sunday: Sushi
    • Monday: Mustard-Glazed Chicken with Candied Carrots (both recipes from Practical Paleo)
    • Tuesday: Taco salads

• Broccoli
    • Pork
    • Eggs
    • Sweet potatoes
    • Bread
    • Greek yogurt

*My shopping list doesn’t include all of the ingredients necessary to make the above meals. For a complete list, please see the individual recipes linked above.

When I got home from the grocery store, Mal offered to help me carry the groceries into the house, but I told him I could I do it on my own.

groceriescrossfit

Please tell me I’m not the only person who gets excited about carrying all of the groceries in the house on one trip!

Katy November 4, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Did you post the grocery budget/questions you were going to post and I missed it? Or is on tap for this week?

Christina November 4, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I get really excited when I get to carry all of the groceries in one stop. It makes me feel like I am ironman! Haha. Love the meme! :)

Lindsay M. November 4, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I love looking at your grocery list each week and almost always seeing peanut butter! I am the same way. LOVE nut butter. I go through at least a jar a week. How often would you say you go through a jar of nut butter?

Tina November 4, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I eat about one jar each week. Maybe more?

Sara November 4, 2012 at 9:01 pm

@Tina:wow I used to feel so bad that I did that…lol Im really happy im not the only one who eats a jar in a week or less!

Adrianna November 7, 2012 at 10:07 pm

@Sara: I’m in good company…so easy to polish off a jar in a week or less…and it’s just me eating it!

Simone November 4, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I’m so stubborn…My hands and arms will turn purple before I ask for help bring groceries or bags in from the car haha its pretty ridiculous

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 4, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Well, I have to carry my groceries from the store all the way home, so I have to do it in one trip!

Nicole November 4, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I am all about making it with one trip. I’ve learned to “wear” bags up to my elbows! The best part is when I get everything loaded and can still close the back door of my SUV.

Brooke (beingvivacious.blogspot.com) November 4, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I don’t think I have EVER been able to gget my whole load in one trip…

Michelle (Peachy Palate) November 4, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I always forget my list…well not always but a lot! Such a pain, though I think most of it stays in there; when I do remember it I tend to only give it a glance. I all for carrying in all the shopping in one go…though I buy way too much, it’s not humanly possible!

Haley @ The Saucy Apple November 4, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I was cracking up reading this post because I will stop at nothing to carry in all the bags in one trip, whether that’s two bags or twenty bags. It’s so bad that even though I’ll succeed getting all the bags out of the car (and onto my arms) AND closing the car door, I’ll get stuck trying to fit through the garage door with all the bags around me. That’s when I have to take a deep breath, set down some bags, exit the garage, reload, and make it up the steps to my house… So stubborn.

Margaret November 4, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I love being able to carry in all the groceries in one trip!

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } November 4, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Lol I am a BEAST when I carry bags up the stairs by myself. I actually weighed myself once when I got upstairs with it all and my average load is about 50 pounds. #SingleGirlStrong

Tina November 4, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Dammmmnnn! Nice job! :)

Sarah November 4, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Lists seriously keep me on track. Otherwise I’m like “oh that looks good!” and it gets thrown in the cart with everything else. Meal planning is definitely helpful, but once in awhile spontaneity is nice! I’m super proud of myself when I have 6 bags of groceries in each arm when walking into the house. It covers my weight training for the week!

Corinne Yeates November 4, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Coming out of lurk status to say it is by far a huge accomplishment to get all the groceries inside on one trip. We have no gas (thanks sandy!) so I had to do our shopping at a local bodega. Yea there goes this weeks budget!

Natalie @ FreshLifeFindings November 4, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Haha Dos Equis man is the bomb and I definitely love being able to bring in all my groceries! Like you, if my husband asks to help I try to act like that isn’t even necessary as I drop bags on the way up the stairs. Oh well, atleast I try to look like I have it all under control ;)

Mabelle @ Dance, Love, Dine November 4, 2012 at 4:15 pm

HAHA! Love the hulk pic…too funny. Your grocery shopping post always motivate me to start my meal prepping for the week!!! need to get on that!

Jennifer@ knackfornutrition November 4, 2012 at 4:28 pm

That is hilarious. I just carried all my in by myself and had the exact same thought!

Stephanie @ Steph's Miles November 4, 2012 at 4:47 pm

I just carried all mine it – I feel very accomplished! I don’t know what’s better – working on strength by carrying ten bags at once or working on cardio by taking multiple trips to the car? ;)

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 4, 2012 at 4:50 pm

HA! that last picture is freaking hilarious and SO true! SO TRUE! And can i join you for sushi? YUM!

Lindsay November 4, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Lol! No! I layer myself in bags so that I do not have to return! City life+Apartment living= never wanting to go all the way back to my car (or if I’m on the subway I HAVE to attach it to my body somehow!). There are hilarious days of having a back pack full of dance attire, wallet, sunglasses, kale, eggs…oatmeal;)!

Ilana November 4, 2012 at 6:50 pm

HA! You are adorable. That is all.

Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 4, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Oh, all grocery bags must be brought inside in one trip. They have to be. ;)

Pam November 4, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Hah, I always try to carry all of the grocery bags in one trip as well! Funny to know someone else that does the same :).

Amy November 4, 2012 at 10:07 pm

HAHA I would much rather almost kill myself going up 2 flights of stairs to my apartment with all my shopping bags vs having to go back for a second trip! :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 5, 2012 at 7:51 am

I hate it when I forget my list – whenever I do that I end up having to go back to the grocery store a few days later to get the rest of the groceries I forgot to buy! :P

That pork with apples sounds like it’s going to be amazing!

Mo November 5, 2012 at 12:27 pm

I refuse to make more than one trip from the car to the house {especially in rain} so I will struggle if it means getting into the house faster! lol

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance November 5, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Haha, I live in a condo with an underground garage. You have to take the elevator to get to my condo and there is NO way I am making multiple trips and waiting for the elevator each time.

Laura@ Eat Right Newsletter November 5, 2012 at 4:40 pm

It’s interesting that you buy almond milk versus regular milk, it’s definitely an item I’ll have to pick up next time I am out! I love food shopping, and seeing your list gives me a few new ideas! Good job on getting all the bags in at once, I do the same thing!

Angela@The Chicken Scoop November 5, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Usually my hubs carries everything and I open doors! Its like a challenge to get it all in one shot!
    ~Ang