I cooked a big ol’ butternut squash on Sunday afternoon, so I’ve been sneaking it into meals all week long to use it up. I still have quite a bit left, so I decided to do some baking with it. The end result was quite a tasty treat!
Holy goodness, these Butternut White Chocolate Chip Bars are delicious. They’re incredibly soft, moist, and sweet. They actually sort of melt in your mouth with each bite.
The flavor sort of reminds me of pumpkin pie, but way more fun with little bits of white chocolate mixed in.
You might not have leftover butternut squash hanging out in your refrigerator right now, but save this recipe for after Thanksgiving. It would also probably work with mashed sweet potato and pumpkin, so keep it around for your Turkey Day leftovers. It’s a good one!
Butternut White Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1/2 cup mashed butternut squash
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend well.
- Pour batter into a greased 8X8 baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes until bars are cooked all the way through and the top begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting.
Makes 12 bars
CHICAGO The Musical Giveaway
Thanks to everyone who entered the giveaway to win tickets to CHICAGO The Musical from Mohegan Sun! Here’s your winner:
I have always wanted to see Chicago and I had no idea it was playing in Boston! I would love to win tickets!
Congrats, Marissa! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize! If you didn’t win, but would still like to see CHICAGO, you can save on tickets with the code MOHEGANSUN. To order tickets with the savings code:
- Call 866-348-9738
- Visit http://www.citicenter.org/
- Come to the box office at 270 Tremont Street, Boston, MA (Tues-Sat 12-6pm)
Thursday, Nov 1st at 7:30pm and Sunday, Nov 4th at 6:30pm: Save 40% on tickets
Friday, Nov 2nd at 8pm and Saturday, Nov 3rd at 2pm: Save 20% on tickets
P.S. Thinking about buying a CNC t-shirt or tank? There’s free shipping today with the code GIVETHANKSSHIP!