• 10 Thanksgiving Day Workouts

November 20, 2012

I’m planning to splurge at Thanksgiving dinner (specifically on my Grammie’s turkey stuffing and my mom’s pumpkin pie), so in order to offset some of those extra calories, I’m running a road race with Mal in the morning. Starting my day with some exercise sets a healthy tone for the day, so I’m able to enjoy Thanksgiving to its fullest without going overboard either. Here are 10 workouts that will help you start off your Turkey Day in the same way!

thankgivingdayworkouts

Feel like running?

46373071134211876_ldOxpruY_c

46373071133903077_h8SirR1J_c

46373071133508951_58P1m5th_c

Have a treadmill?

35-minute Treadmill Run (3.25 miles)

2012-02-10_1525

10k Challenge

2012-02-03_1428

Traveling?

46373071133778402_ERXHtLGY_c

46373071134591690_Nlo3TAOo_c

Have a jump rope and/or kettlebell?

46373071133845458_hUUrN7eI_c

46373071134250872_EOsCDejw_c

Don’t Have A Lot of Time?

46373071133508950_Zld3bCyE_c

Amanda @ Eat More Rabbit Food November 20, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I will be working out on Turkey Day as well! It is so important to keep up momentum during the eating season ;)

Kristen @ Change of Pace November 20, 2012 at 3:53 pm

This post is great for anytime actually! Thanks for putting all the workouts in one spot. We run a turkey trot 5k for habit for humanity every Thanksgiving. This year will be our 4th year! I get faster every time so I try to beat my time every year :)

KaraHadley November 20, 2012 at 3:57 pm

My box is having a special “trainers in” WOD. So the workout will be as tough as a Saturday WOD (which are the hardest at my box) and the trainers are working out WITH everyone else, so that’ll up the competition a bit.
    Pretty much it’ll be the mother of all WODs, which should definitely offset any extra pie calories.

Tina November 20, 2012 at 4:01 pm

That sounds fun! :)

Alaina November 20, 2012 at 3:58 pm

My parents and I are running a 5 mile road race on Thursday morning as well. It’ll be my third year running. It’s a great way to start off my favorite holiday!

Happy Thanksgiving! :-)

Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes November 20, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I’m doing a turkey trot, too! It will be my second year running a race on Thanksgiving, and I can’t wait! :)

Tina @ Best Body Fitness November 20, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Great post! I love all the quick options because I know those are all I will be willing to bust out on a holiday. ;)

Fizz @ fizzsbizz.com November 20, 2012 at 4:29 pm

This is awesome, thanks Tina!
    I’ll be running a 5K thanksgiving morning (my first race, can’t wait!) to set the day off to a good start.
    These workouts will definitely come in handy for the days after. I love that there’s one to suit every environment. Getting out for a little exercise will also help deal with extra time with the in-laws!

SaraP www.fitcupcaker.blogspot.com November 20, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Ill def be working out on turkey day! I was going to do the thanksgiving day race but now i dont have time! THanks for the post!

Lauren November 20, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I was going to do a race as I usually do on Thanksgiving morning, but I got convinced into teaching a spin class instead. Still a great workout! :)

clare @ fittingitallin November 20, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Just pinned all of these. Great workouts, Tina!

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily November 20, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I’m also planning a pretty hefty sweat session Thursday morning, so I can freely indulge in pretty much everything that evening and I can’t wait!!!

Becky @ Olives n Wine November 20, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I will too be running this Thursday morning! If I start the day out healthy, it will be much easier for me to keep the momentum throughout the day. I might sneak in your “99” workout – looks like a good calorie burner :)

Diana November 20, 2012 at 6:11 pm

I’m running 10 miles with my Dad Thanksgiving morning! It’s our new tradition (as of the past two years) and it really is the greatest thing ever. Running + Pumpkin pie? What could be better!?

eliza November 20, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Love it !! Thank you!

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food November 20, 2012 at 8:07 pm

These are great! So fast and effective…perfect ways to offset all of the stuffing of my face that I’ll be doing!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers November 20, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Dam reading all of those tired me out! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit November 20, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Love this! Thanks for all these great Thanksgiving Day workout ideas. I’ll be traveling on Thanksgiving day, so I’m liking the hotel room WOD workout. :D

Nicole @ livingthesweetlifestl.wordpress.com November 20, 2012 at 8:40 pm

I love doing a workout the morning of Thanksgiving….usually a local 5k….it makes eating a heavy meal later on more enjoyable. Thanks for all the selections!

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie November 20, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I am going to try the 28 min full body workout! I have never tried a WOD, I cant wait!

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles November 20, 2012 at 9:08 pm

This is awesome. We are traveling all day Thurs but I might have to give one of these a go on Fri morning.

The Kidless Kronicles

Katie H. November 20, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Wow! Definitely Pinning this post–not just for Thanksgiving, but anytime I need a good WOD. Thanks!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail November 20, 2012 at 10:11 pm

That’s exactly my philosophy. I can’t resist the pumpkin pie, so I’m going to do something about it beforehand! ;)

Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom November 20, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Lots of great workouts!!! I think I may try one or two of them out tomorrow, too!!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape November 20, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Love this! Such a great idea to start Turkey-day off with some exercise.

Giselle@ahealthyhappyhome November 20, 2012 at 10:32 pm

These are awesome! Thanks for posting! Now I just have to decide which ones to do this week while traveling :-)

Khushboo Thadani November 21, 2012 at 12:49 am

Workout goldmine- thanks for sharing!

MizFit November 21, 2012 at 5:04 am

is it wrong I shall spend the day THANKFUL I **can**workout but—-not do it?
    :-)

taking a break.
    have a great thanksgiving!

Joanna K November 21, 2012 at 6:04 am

Thank you for posting these.. I will definitely be using all of them and sharing it with my friends..I love reading your posts..

Sarah (The Simple Dietitian) November 21, 2012 at 6:20 am

I plan on getting out there for a 5 mile run, which I haven’t done in AGES. I’m excited to start the day bright and early, on an energetic note. :D

Libby November 21, 2012 at 7:01 am

I have “enjoyed” the 99 since you first posted it! I am doing a 15 mile training run with my running group early Thursday morning! Can’t wait! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Tara November 21, 2012 at 8:37 am

I wanted to do the Hingham Turkey Trot with friends,however, we are hosting and need to get up early and start on prepping.
    I hope to get a 3 mile run in with my husband once we get the bird in the cooker!

Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy your race.

Meghan @ After the Ivy League November 21, 2012 at 8:38 am

I’ve somewhat planned on taking either Thanksgiving or the day after as a rest day, so I’m gonna leave it up in the air for now! But I love these running workouts, run 1 mile then do pushups etc. My parents live near a track so that’d be perfect, thanks for the link-up!

Kylie @ immaeatthat November 28, 2012 at 12:23 am

I’m loving these workouts! I did the ’99’ Thanksgiving morning and I did the ‘Hotel Room Workout’ this morning! Except I don’t think I can do a single Hollow Rock…I youtubed it and I’m thinking my core just isn’t strong enough…yet. Thank you!:)