• Wedding Rehearsal & Dinner at Maggiano’s Little Italy

October 12, 2012

Last night, I went to Jen’s wedding rehearsal and dinner. Both went really well, and it was great to see Jen enjoying herself so much. She’s really excited for the big day, but she’s also one of the most laid-back brides I’ve ever met, which is a fabulous combination for a bride-to-be, right?

At the church, the priest was really thorough and covered every little detail of the ceremony, so the rehearsal took more than hour, but we all know exactly what to do come Saturday afternoon!

The rehearsal dinner was held immediately after at Maggiano’s Little Italy in Boston.

The groom’s parents hosted the dinner and reserved a private room downstairs.

The meal was served family-style and included lots of delicious Italian favorites.

I was a little worried about what would jive with my intestines, but everything worked out fine. No issues! Hooray!

Appetizers: spinach salad with fried calamari and a stuffed mushroom.

Main course: salmon and chicken parmesan.

The happy couple: Jen + Mike!

After dinner, the groomsmen received gifts. (Jen gave us ours at her bachelorette weekend.)

And then we heard a few words from the groom, the Best Man, Jen’s brother, and a few other family members. It was nice to hear from so many different people. Everyone is so happy for Jen and Mike.

And, of course, a couple of the speeches included some playful jokes and embarrassing stories about the bride and groom. Haha! Love it!

The evening concluded with dessert. I had a few bites of cheesecake. Delish!

Here I am with Jen and her Matron of Honor, Katelyn:

I can’t believe Jen’s wedding is TOMORROW! I seriously can’t wait to celebrate the big day with her and Mike!

What’s your favorite thing about weddings?

Corrie Anne October 12, 2012 at 12:07 pm

I love everything about weddings! I love the ceremony, seeing what everyone is wearing, the food, the CAKE, the dancing — have so much fun!!

Mary October 12, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Thats where I got married!! Sorry I just got so excited haha. Have fun this weekend!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance October 12, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I think what I like best about weddings is the “fanciness” of it all. The dresses and tuxes, the pretty details, the dancing . . . I love it all.

Samantha October 12, 2012 at 12:30 pm

That church is gorgeous!

Teresa @ www.fitinwoodbin.com October 12, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Love everything about a wedding! Love when the groom first sees his bride! So sweet…

Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness October 12, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Looks fun! I love Maggianos! Have a great time at the wedding! I actually love the ceremony part of the weddings and seeing the dress!!!

Amanda @ Eat More Rabbit Food October 12, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Maggiano’s is one of my favorite restaurants!! Any time we are traveling we always look for one close by. It has become a tradition. We have been to one in Phoenix, Orlando, and St. Louis. They are great! Have fun at the wedding! =)

natalie @ will jog for food October 12, 2012 at 12:45 pm

My friend had her rehearsal at Maggianos too! It’s a great place for that. Glad your stomach held up :)

kim@hungryhealthygirl October 12, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I love getting dressed up for weddings and the cake isn’t so bad either. My brother’s rehearsal dinner was at Maggiano’s and it was fantastic.

Tina October 12, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I love those two things too! :)

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles October 12, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Seeing everyone that you haven’t seen in a while.

The Kidless Kronicles

Grace @ Grace Dishes October 12, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Have a wonderful weekend! I love weddings! I just came back a few weeks ago from two in Baltimore. I have one to attend the end of this month in Las Vegas. (Any excuse to travel is FINE with me)

I’ve actually never had Maggianos (surprisingly). I know they serve family style and the food looks delish!

Kelly@BalancedDaily October 12, 2012 at 1:18 pm

What a beautiful church! I’ve been to Maggiano’s little Italy before and it is amazing! Have fun tomorrow at the wedding

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio October 12, 2012 at 1:26 pm

I love watching the groom as the bride walks down the isle.

Ellie@Fit for the Soul October 12, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Ahhh I love weddings! I can’t choose just one thing, so i’ll have to say that I just like the general atmosphere of joy, celebration, and new-ness of life. 😀 Okay, and the cake…well, cake is one of my favorite parts of any celebration! lol. And I love your top! It’s very cute on you. 😉

Emily @ www.main-eats.com October 12, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Looks great!!! Can’t wait to see the wedding!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! October 12, 2012 at 1:39 pm

So much fun! I totally love how happy everyone at weddings is! It’s so contagious. I smile and cry (a happy cry) so often at weddings. :) Love it. My own is coming up 3 weeks from tomorrow – wow!
    All the best to Jen and Mike! Hope things go well tomorrow!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 12, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I love the family style idea, makes it easier for the big group!

Ed October 12, 2012 at 1:42 pm

That is a pretty amazing looking church! And I am a huge fan of family style restaurants..I have ate at two like that so far since traveling down the “foodie” path…so much fun. Great way to enjoy a little of everything…

Candice@allthingsyogi.com October 12, 2012 at 1:48 pm

DANCING. enough said :)

Jenica October 12, 2012 at 1:53 pm

That cheesecake looks divine.

dani October 12, 2012 at 1:56 pm

What were the groomsmen’s gifts? I’m looking for ideas for my upcoming wedding!

Tina October 12, 2012 at 2:05 pm

T-shirts and knife sets!

Annette@FitnessPerks October 12, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I looovveee weddings! I love seeing the bride/groom so happy, I love the dancing, and I love the delicious food that is usually served at receptions/dinners :)

Steph @pjsandyogapants October 12, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I love the love. Seriously, all the love and smiles just makes me happy. :)

Becka @ simplybecka October 12, 2012 at 2:11 pm

The pasta dishes look so yummy, I am hungry now. Have a great day. ^_^

Angela@The Chicken Scoop October 12, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Most weddings I’ve been to or involved in have been a ton of DRAMA! But a friend is getting married this year and everything has been great!! I’m loving going to all her wonderful events! My favorite part is getting all dressed up for special occasions. How often do you really get to wear a gown?!

Michelle (Peachy Palate) October 12, 2012 at 2:49 pm

The dancing!!! And also the ceremony, I’m a crier, they get me everytime! Also love having the chance to dress up!

Tricia October 12, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Im jealous – i got married september 22nd and i’m so sad it’s over :-( i want to do it again.

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List October 12, 2012 at 3:02 pm

love love love that top on you!

Tina October 12, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Thanks! :)

Hillary October 12, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Just wanted to tell you that I made your paleo morning glory muffins this past weekend and, well, wow. My husband and I loved them. I will be making more this weekend!

Tina October 12, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Yay!!! :)

Mo October 12, 2012 at 3:58 pm

My favorite part of weddings is the dancing free booze!! Just being honest! 😉

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 12, 2012 at 4:21 pm

All of that food looks delicious!

I love everything about weddings… so fun!

Pam October 12, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Weddings are so much fun! Have a great time and Congrats to your friend Jen!!!

luv what you do October 12, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Rehearsal dinners at Maggiano’s. JK…sort of! Although I was just there on Monday for dinner and I love it!
    My favorite thing about weddings would have to be dancing with my friends and seeing the pictures the next day!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin October 13, 2012 at 7:25 am

I haven’t been to a wedding in ages! But what I love about them the most is just the atmosphere of happiness and celebration! 😀

Stefanie October 14, 2012 at 12:33 am

Definitely dancing! Well, after getting to see the bride and groom see each other for the first time that day. It is always so sweet to see the looks on their faces!

P.S. I love Maggiano’s. my family actually ate at that exact one this past April.