• Saturday Morning at the Dog Park

October 27, 2012

Good morning! Happy Saturday! Murphy and I just got back from a wonderful trip to the dog park. It was a beautiful fall morning for a walk in the park.

Breakfast

Mal needed to be awake bright and early this morning for Saturday school, so I got up and ate breakfast with him. I had a Sweet Breakfast Scramble (minus the squash/pumpkin) with a scoop of Teddie peanut butter and a TJ’s pumpkin butter.

After breakfast, I said goodbye to Mal and then took Murphy for a ride in the car to the park.

I made sure to grab the Beer-Bones for this trip because Saturday mornings are typically busy, and Murphy’s tends to have more “selective” hearing with so many dogs around. The mention of a “beer-bone” will almost always get his attention. He now responds to it like he does the word “chicken.”

The park was gorgeous this morning—all of the leaves have changed color and started to fall and the sun was still rising in the sky. Murphy and I arrived a little after 8:30, so it was still sort of quiet.

Before heading to the park, I stopped by Marylou’s for a decaf Hawaiian Chocolate Nut with milk. Mmm! So delicious!

I didn’t end up needing the Beer-Bones, but I made Murphy work for one by doing some tricks. Pug high-five!

pughighfive

All in all, a trip to the park with my favorite pug friend was a great way to start my Saturday.

What’s on your agenda for today?

Julia October 27, 2012 at 10:52 am

what is saturday school? is it for kids too or just for professional development?

great fall photos!!!

Tina October 27, 2012 at 10:54 am

I think it’s Saturday detention.

Kristen @ Change of Pace October 27, 2012 at 11:17 am

I love your fall pictures! Sounds like a perfect Saturday morning :)

CNC Reader October 27, 2012 at 11:19 am

Hi. I just wanted to pop in and say that I love reading your blog! You are an inspiration to women everywhere who suffer from gastrointestinal problems. I know people give you heck over not always eating “perfect,” but that’s what makes you real. No one is perfect, and this blog shows how you manage everything with such a great balance!

Recently I have found out that I have a lot of food allergies (most of the top 8 allergens), and I was wondering if you could do a post, or a series of recipes that people like me could eat. The usual things like nuts, oats, gluten, eggs, milk, etc. bother me and I have a hard time making yummy snacks. Especially when almost all allergy-free dessert recipes involve beans. I mean, beans are a no-go! They just send my stomach in whirlwinds :D

Anyways, I’d be so appreciative. It would also be neat for you to do posts on setting goals for yourself, and how to feel accomplished, especially as someone not in a “standard” job environment. How you measure your success and manage it all…. Sorry for the long comment, but thanks for being so awesome!

Khushboo October 27, 2012 at 11:24 am

Love these pics of fall!!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 27, 2012 at 11:27 am

Sounds like the perfect way to start out a Saturday! :) I’m currently enjoying a lazy morning on the couch while catching up on some blogs and sipping some coffee. I plan to do a workout in a bit and then who knows what else is on the agenda for the day!

Sandee October 27, 2012 at 11:39 am

Beautiful pictures! What a beautiful park. :)

Rebecca @ Blueberry Smiles October 27, 2012 at 11:43 am

The park looks gorgeous! Love all the fallen leaves. I’m about to go on a long dog walk…and our trees are still green, not nearly as pretty.

Beks October 27, 2012 at 11:44 am

Sounds like a nice start to a Saturday. I’m working extra hours this morning (blah), but I have big plans to do some working out and meal planning this afternoon. I am determined to take control of my health. At least the sun has finally come out. This entire week has been rainy and gross in the midwest.

Simone October 27, 2012 at 11:47 am

As soon as I can get my lazy butt out of bed I plan to head to the dog park myself, it’s pouring rain and windy here tho so I’m not feeling very motivated

marci October 27, 2012 at 11:57 am

love those jeans what brand are they

Tina October 27, 2012 at 11:59 am

Thanks! They’re Sevens.

marci October 28, 2012 at 11:02 am

@Tina:

I have never owned that brand ive tryed to find the perfect jeans but ever time have failed, is there a certain style

Brooke @ Pretty In Protein October 27, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Wow fall is SO beautiful there!

lynn @ the actor's diet October 27, 2012 at 12:16 pm

one of my movies, Yes We’re Open, is playing in boston tonight at the Paramount (but i won’t be there!)

Jess @ JessieBear What Will You Wear October 27, 2012 at 12:24 pm

That looks GORGEOUS. I wish I had my puppy in the city with me to take him to dog parks, but he’s with my parents in the suburbs :(. Ah well. I’ll just have to take a walk all by my lonesome.

Nancy October 27, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Happy Fall!!! Just got a new little kitten – so staying inI and playing. Raining here in Seattle and its my anniversary.

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 27, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I took my brither’s dog to the park! I’m watching her this weekend, and she also has selective hearing…

Alex October 27, 2012 at 12:29 pm

You got some great pics of some beautiful fall scenery! On my agenda for today is a Zombie Dash! I’ve been looking forward to it all month, but now I’m starting to get a little scared haha. Zombies are going to be chasing me while I try to run a 5K. Did I mention it’s at night?!

Tina October 27, 2012 at 12:34 pm

THAT sounds fun!!!

Lauren October 27, 2012 at 1:07 pm

That park is beautiful! Where is it? We spent the morning on Boston Common at a dachshund Halloween meet-up…insanely adorable. It’s a beautiful day!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! October 27, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Beeeeauuutiful pics of the park! What a gorgeous day.

Melissa October 27, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Beer bones?!?! What are these delectable nuggets? Our boys will be in HEAVEN! (They’ve been known to get a little poured from the bottle). Shhh! Love your pictures – love it all. Looks like a wonderful day. Enjoy!! – M

Melissa October 27, 2012 at 2:19 pm

So weird seeing something other than peanut butter wonderful in the marylou’s cup! :D Finally got sick of it? :p

Mo October 27, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I LOVE looking at fall pictures. I could do that all day long. :)

Tonight I am running an alumni dinner/auction for the high school I work at. We’ve spent the past 8 months putting this together & I can’t wait to see how much money we can raise for our school. We’ll have over 400 people there for dinner. Wish me luck!! :)

luv what you do October 27, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Was supposed to be an 11 mile run, but I am sick : ( Instead, it is a quiet day indoors and chili in the crockpot!

Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes October 27, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Perfect day for a dog park visit! I spent the morning running Hurricane Sandy errands; after buying candles, groceries, a radio, and tons of batteries, it’s safe to say Sandy has destroyed my bank account. ;)

Denise from Savannah October 27, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Love your shoes too. Since I’m on coastal Georgia I don’t see Fall leaves anymore – so pretty there. And Murphy? Priceless. Love the pics of his tricks.

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance October 27, 2012 at 5:24 pm

So jealous of your Fall leaves!! Makes me miss Chicago that much more.

That little pug face is so unbelievably, ridiculously, cute!!

Becca October 27, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Thanks for the gorgeous pictures of Bare Cove- we used to live nearby and LOVED taking the dog there. Such a great place. I could cry looking at those pictures, I miss it so much!

Katie October 27, 2012 at 8:22 pm

That’s one of my favorite parks – my dog and I spent the past few Saturdays just getting lost on the different paths. Absolutely gorgeous and fun meeting other pups out!!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 27, 2012 at 9:57 pm

The fall foliage in those photos is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Bree@ToParisWithMyLove October 28, 2012 at 4:51 am

It’s very beautiful! I love taking my dogs to the park. It’s relaxing. (Most of the time) Murphy is a little cutie-pug!

Jose October 28, 2012 at 9:31 am

how did you train murphy? we just got a new puppy and are trying to crate train him/do the whole bell on the door thing for when he goes out… what did you do? did murphy have mistakes in the house? what worked best for you? and how long did it take? i know… lots of questions, sorry! xo

Abby @ BackAtSquareZero October 28, 2012 at 9:57 am

Oh my goodness the park is beautiful. I really miss the leaves changing color since I moved south. And Beer Bones? Lucky says he needs these now.

Marie October 28, 2012 at 9:59 am

Wow, those leaves are gorgeous! We’ve had a pretty dry couple of years in Memphis, so our leaves haven’t been too vibrant recently. I would love to visit the east coast one Autumn, if not just to experience the leaves!

Kelly@BalancedDaily October 29, 2012 at 10:04 am

Those pictures make me so sad that I always miss fall in Mass. It really is magical seeing all of the amazing foliage, although a few of my friends told me Sandy’s winds have knocked off a lot of the beautiful leaves from the trees already. Really need to drive to the TJ’s thats 30 mins away to try some pumpkin butter, sounds amazing.

Rover.com November 1, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Murphy is adorable!! Thanks for sharing these great photos and stories of him.