Good morning! Happy Friday! I can’t believe the weekend is almost here. This week really flew by!
This morning’s breakfast was a Sweet Breakfast Scramble with canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice in a jar.
I had an almost-empty jar of Teddie Peanut Butter, so I cooked up the scramble and then poured it in to enjoy all of the melt-y peanut butter.
While I was eating my breakfast, Murphy stalked me waited patiently for me to finish and then give him the empty peanut butter jar to lick.
He even followed me to the kitchen and back to my office when I got another scoop of peanut butter.
Eventually, I gave him the jar, which he then managed to lick into a place where he could no longer get to it.
A few hours later, I started to get hungry, so I reheated half of an acorn squash with coconut butter and raisins.
And cooked a veggie burger in the microwave for lunch. I topped the veggie burger with avocado mixed with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
After lunch, I started packing for the weekend. I’m off to Washington, DC to run the Army 10-Miler with my college roommate, Katie, and some blog friends. I haven’t run very much lately, so I’m feeling a tad stressed out about it. I ran 7 miles on Tuesday, which went fine, so, hopefully, I’ll be okay on race day. I just feel totally unprepared and nervous about this race. Ten miles is far!
Since I’m nervous/stressed/probably a bit under-trained for this race, I’m doing everything in my power to prepare for it, including:
- Checking the weather for race day
- Laying out all of my gear (and then checking and double-checking it about 10 times)
- Previewing the course and elevation, so I can mentally prepare for hills and make them my bitch
- Charging my Timex GPS Watch
- Making plans to run the race with friends (I’m going to need all the help I can get!)
- Adjusting my expectations to match my current health and fitness levels (basically, a PR is probably not possible, but that’s okay)
- And I’m planning to get plenty of sleep tonight and tomorrow night
Question of the Day
Is there anything else I should do? How do you relieve stress and prepare for race day?