• October Birthdays

October 2, 2012

Whoa, it’s October. Where the heck did September go? I feel like I was just spazzing out that September 1st was here and summer was over, and now it’s OCTOBER. Jeez. Although, I have to admit, I’m not at all upset by this.

October is one of my favorite months ever—mostly because it’s smack in the middle of fall, and I love all things related to the season, but also because it’s filled with weddings and birthdays for me, which are events I really enjoy celebrating.

Yesterday, when I was organizing my calendar for the month, I noticed that a lot of the important people in my life celebrate their birthday in October (my mom, my cousin, my brother-in-law, my college roommate, and a number of my friends). June is also a popular month. Mal always jokes that he gets slammed in June because he celebrates my birthday, Murphy’s birthday, his dad’s birthday, and his sister’s birthday all in a couple of weeks.

Does this cluster of birthdays happen to anyone else?

IMG_9458

Breakfast

Yesterday’s breakfast was a two-ingredient pancake, but made with two eggs instead of one. I also added some pumpkin pie spice to the mix, which I’m lovin’ lately. I’m throwing it in everything.

PumpkinPieSpice

I topped my, um, pancake (it really doesn’t look like a pancake now, does it?) with a scoop of almond butter and drank a glass of Dandy Blend with coconut milk.

Weekly Workouts

• Sunday: Off
    • Monday: CrossFit
    • Tuesday: Off
    • Wednesday: Yoga
    • Thursday: CrossFit
    • Friday: Off
    • Saturday: Off

Health News & Views

I’ve been traveling a lot lately, which means my regular workout schedule just isn’t possible. Instead of missing out on a chance to exercise, I’ve started to incorporate short, high-intensity workouts into my days. I used to think I needed to spend at least an hour at the gym to get a good workout, but these quickie sweat sessions reap big benefits. Here’s a 10-minute workout you can do just about anywhere. All you need are your sneakers, a stopwatch (or clock with a timer), and a little bit of space—no equipment required!

10-Minute Workout You Can Do Anywhere

Do the important people in your life tend to share birthdays in the same month?

P.S. Local readers: If you’re thinking about trying CrossFit, the Reebok at Patriot Place is offering a free class this weekend! Details here!

Kelly@BalancedDaily October 2, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Its so funny how that happens, my sister, dad, step mom and step brother all have birthdays in June (and all brag about being Cancer’s) and my mom and I are 3 days apart in March-which also is the month that pretty much every single one of my friends has birthday’s in. I bought some of the same pumpkin pie spice and I’ve been adding it to everything- even been sprinkling it on apple slices, very delish!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance October 2, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I know so many people with birthdays in August and September. My birthday is sept 26 and I know at least 3 people with the same birthday, 2 people with birthdays on the 24, one on the 25th, and 3 on the 28th. Insanity.

kristle October 2, 2012 at 2:54 pm

me, my nephew, and my niece’s birthdays are all on the 27th. theyre spaced 2 months apart – may 27, july 27, and sept 27! easy to remember.

Annette@FitnessPerks October 2, 2012 at 3:48 pm

End of sept/early october is the most popular birthday time. Can ya guess why?!? :) Baby it’s cold outside…… haha

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope October 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Yes, May is (or used to be) like that for me. Mother’s day, fiance’s birthday, sister’s birthday, and my mom’s birthday. However, my mom passed away last year, so…one less birthday:(:( I suppose i could still celebrate, though.

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope October 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm

@Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope: And now no real mother’s day…so..pretty much May just sucks the life out of me.

Josephine October 2, 2012 at 6:08 pm

In my immediate family – and there are 11 of us – all of us, except one of my sisters, celebrate our birthdays May-July. And my sister, my niece, and I all have the same birthday, and my other sister is 2 days later. It is complete madness in our family and is just like a summer Christmas.

Marie October 2, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Not the same month but my dad, his sister and his mum are all on the 23rd of the month!!

jill October 2, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Within 17 days we have, my sons birthday, my birthday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve New Years Day which just so happens to be my husbands bday (yes, we was the New Years Baby in the town he was born). When Jan 2 rolls around, we are done celebrating. Then in May we have our younger son’s bday and our annniversary within 5 days of each other.

erika October 2, 2012 at 8:18 pm

We have a huge cluster of events starting in November – my birthday, hubby’s sister’s birthday, hubby’s dad’s birthday, thanksgiving, grandpa’s birthday, parents anniversary, xmas, brothers birthday….phew…..busy busy.

Melissa October 2, 2012 at 8:55 pm

My family gets slammed during the entire holiday season. Mine and my grandma’s are this month, my mother and father in law are both November, and my mom, sister, and brother in law are December. (August was my sis in law and September was my aunt).

Johanna October 2, 2012 at 10:24 pm

In our family it’s November. Me, my husband, my step daughter, my brother in law and my sister in law. We keep pretty busy! :-)

Julia October 3, 2012 at 2:15 am

yup! My mom and her sister, although two years apart, share the same birthday in september, then one week later my twin brothers celebrate theirs, then I’m the week after that! On top of that, two of my best college friends are the day before mine! Nuts!

Ps. I’ve been making the two-incregient pancake (which often turns out like yours above) every morning and love it! I will definitely be adding pumpkin pie spice, what a fab fall idea! xo

Becka @ simplybecka October 3, 2012 at 1:18 pm

In my family my brother, cousin and I share the same birthday month, all in February. Easy to remember them all. And in my husband’s family his mom, dad, and him are all in July. Funny family birthday’s turn out that way. Have a great day Tina, ^_^.

Ariffa October 3, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I’ve heard that October has the most birthdays because many people are conceived on NYE.