• Clean House (& Photos of Our Kitchen)

October 12, 2012

Holy moly, I just went on a major cleaning spree. Our house wasn’t even all that messy, but the urge to clean just came over me. Does that ever happen to you? You just feel the need to clean? I’m not usually psyched about cleaning, but, sometimes, it feels good to do!

So fresh.

So clean.

Where’d Waldo Murphy?

When I was snapping photos of our nice clean house for this post, I realized I never showed you guys pics of our newly painted kitchen, so here you go!

The new color really brightens up the room, right?

kitchenaccessories

I like the light blue so much better than the dark red paint!

Ok, onto today’s eats!

Breakfast

This morning’s breakfast was a Sweet Breakfast Scramble with a big scoop of almond butter. Obviously, I’m really digging this breakfast lately—I think I ate it everyday this week. For those of you who asked, it tastes more like banana and cinnamon than eggs and squash.

_MG_9684 (750x499)

Lunch

Just a few hours later, my stomach start to grumble again. It wasn’t even 11:00, but I was HUNGRY!

On the menu: two eggs + two egg whites mixed with mushrooms, spinach, and scallions. It was simple, delicious, and satisfying.

_MG_9702 (750x499)

Snack

After lunch, I cleaned the house, and when I finished, I used some wilted kale to make a green juice-like substance. It wasn’t quite juice, but it wasn’t a smoothie either.

In the mix: kale, half of a cucumber, an apple, a pear, and water.

greenjuice

Mal just got home, so we’re taking Murphy to the park and then going to CrossFit.

Happy Friday, friends!!!

dana October 12, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Is that a Ninja?
    We just got a ninja a few weeks ago (I REALLY wanted the vitamix but our wallets weren’t big enough for that…so we went with the Ninja instead)… not going to lie, don’t know if I like the Ninja… Are you happy with yours? We make smoothies and shakes in it all the time and I just feel like its always a little chunky… I can never get a perfectly smooth drink even if I let it blend for a few min, there are always chunks (especially when I use leafy greens… or keep the skin on my fruit). Didn’t know if it was just me or if you had that same issue…

kristle October 13, 2012 at 12:36 pm

@dana: i was wondering the same thing! i wanted a vitamix too but settled on a ninja. i wasnt crazy about it at first, but now i love it! i just over use setting 3. i dont know if tiny pieces of kale are normal in a smoothie, but i’ve embraced it. i’ve always got kale on my teeth …

Tina October 15, 2012 at 1:46 pm

@dana: @kristle: Yes! It’s awesome! I really like it. It doesn’t make juice (it doesn’t get super smooth), but as a smoothie it’s really great!

Becka @ simplybecka October 12, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I love how Murphy is in every photo, sort of saying how much he must of helped out with all that cleaning. Your home looks great, pretty new kitchen color. Have a great weekend. ^_^

Deb October 12, 2012 at 4:24 pm

@Becka @ simplybecka: You just said what I wanted to Becka! Murphy is definitely making sure we know he helped with all that! Kitchen looks great!

kiki October 12, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I could look at Murphy pictures ALL DAY LONG.

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance October 12, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I love the “Eat Good Food” sign. And I also like the idea of a spice shelf above the stove. I need one of those! I’m always rushing to the pantry for spices in the middle of cooking. This would keep things within arm’s reach.

eliza October 12, 2012 at 3:51 pm

woo happy friday is right. Cant wait to be out of work and on my couch!

Amanda @ Eat More Rabbit Food October 12, 2012 at 4:10 pm

I think the urge to clean needs to come over me a bit more often. It’s nothing but a chore for me! =) I really like the blue! I love light, bright rooms.

Brittany @ Barr & Table October 12, 2012 at 4:14 pm

I love your house! And I’m extremely jealous of your kitchen. Mine is straight out of the late 80s haha

Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer October 12, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I get the urge to clean a lot. Mostly when I’m upset for some reason. It’s like my therapy – as if I can just scrub my problems away. Kale juice is yummy! I have a juicer that I need to start using again!

Laura October 12, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Your house has such a nice classic, but cosy look to it. Where do you find decor inspiration?

Ryan - Pause The Moment October 12, 2012 at 4:21 pm

The house is looking great! Love the kitchen…

michelle kim October 12, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Hehehehe, I love Murphy’s little head tilt in so many of these pictures. So cute!
    Also, I love your simple lunch. It’s something I can whip up really fast when I’m at school :)

Rebecca @ Blueberry Smiles October 12, 2012 at 4:42 pm

A clean house is such a great way to start the weekend! I have to clean tomorrow morning….it’s a mess right now….ugh

Jenica October 12, 2012 at 4:52 pm

The kitchen paint looks great! That light blue is the perfect color for it I think. Murphy cracks me up in every photo you post of him. He just always looks so anguished.

tag October 12, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I love when we clean the house top to bottom, and get that oh-so-clean feeling. It makes me want to stay in and enjoy the house rather then go out.

Annie October 12, 2012 at 6:01 pm

It must be so nice to only work part-time and from home! I would love to be able to get things done in the middle of the day like that.

Ed October 12, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Must feel great! I need to do that with my house soon…maybe this weekend. If I spent less time worrying about cleaning and just doing it it would make a world of difference!

Looks like Murphy is enjoying the clean house!

Annette@FitnessPerks October 12, 2012 at 6:11 pm

YAY! Clean house always feels soooo good! I need to do that after work. Like bad.

Love the pics of the kitchen–the blue is nice :) And hilarious that Murphy is in all the pics. Hahah

Chelsea @ CardioandCocktails October 12, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Sometimes that urge just takes over and when you’re feeling it, you may as well take advantage of it! Whenever my fiance is out of town, I suddenly have an urge to get tons of projects done in a hurry so he’s always in for a surprise when he gets home.
    Love the blue, we painted a similar color in our kitchen last spring and it really brightens things up!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 12, 2012 at 6:57 pm

The new kitchen looks great! Feel free to come clean my house now! ;)

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 12, 2012 at 7:15 pm

I love the kitchen color! And I always get hungry a couple hours after breakfast, I usually have a morning snack and an afternoon snack

the 3volution of j3nn October 12, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Murphy is such a little ham! LOL He’s in every picture… that’s SO cute! I can’t even stand it.

Nothing like a freshly cleaned house. Looked great!!

Ellie@Fit for the Soul October 12, 2012 at 7:32 pm

hahaa Murphy must SERIOUSLY follow you everywhere! :D He’s in almost every picture…oh wait, everybody already commented on that. haha. But it’s so cute/funny! Man, I agree that during and after cleaning a house it feels glorious!! But the thought of having to do it in the imminent future is so dreadful :P

Megan@funsizedfitness October 12, 2012 at 7:46 pm

10:55 is never too early for lunch! My normal lunchtime is anywhere between 10:30-11:30 :)

Connie October 12, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Your house is so adorable, and it looks super cozy!! You and Mal did an awesome job remodeling. And yes, I get the weirdest random urges to clean. Sometimes, I feel like I can’t focus on what I’m doing cause I can see so must dust on my floor. I just moved into this apt a few months ago, and the dust is out of control! Not sure how it accumulates so fast in just a couple of days :(

Nicole October 12, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Murphy is good at photo bombing!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 12, 2012 at 8:47 pm

I got on a cleaning spree of the kitchen while dinner finished cooking this evening, sometimes it’s just needed and feels good. But I was also on a cook new and different and delicious foods spree today. Each meal today was something new and different and absolutely amazing!

caren @ voodies October 12, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Alright….I’ve been reading your blog for some time now, and I have to say, your little Murphy is about the cutest little thing I’ve ever set eye on. And the room to room modeling is just KILLING me. I just want to kiss his face!!

I’m a fellow pug freak (and pug mom). Here’s my little girl: http://voodiegirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/IMG_1567.jpg

Tina October 12, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Oh my goodness, adorable!!!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers October 12, 2012 at 8:49 pm

You inspired me to clean my house! I love your kitchen!! You picked a nice color for your walls!

Amanda October 12, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Could Murphy get any cuter?! Good grief I want a pug!

Must’ve been a cleaning kind of day because I gave the house an overhaul too. I feel so accomplished!

Golden Shine October 12, 2012 at 10:14 pm

I just found your blog. I’m also interesting in diet and fitness. I love how you shared your cleaning spree with us. I run a cleaning business, and I know, not everyone can really deep clean. Tomorrow I will have to give my home an overhaul.

Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom October 12, 2012 at 10:49 pm

There is nothing I love better than a clean house. It just makes it so much easier to relax…..Of course, I have two kids so it is never as clean as I would like but I keep trying, lol!

Khushboo October 13, 2012 at 12:48 am

Love the feeling of a freshly cleaned house!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance October 13, 2012 at 1:39 am

Having a clean home is one of the best feelings, ever!

Amanda L October 13, 2012 at 7:21 am

Where did you get those awesome organizers on the side of your fridge? I have been looking for some and found some at OfficeMax/Depot a while back, but they weren’t strong enough to hold more than a few receipts. Those look awesome!!!

I definitely know how good a nice clean house feels (bc I don’t have one that often!)

Tina October 13, 2012 at 7:26 am

They’re from Real Simple. I think they sell them at Target.

heidi kokborg October 13, 2012 at 7:22 am

That smoothie looks so good! And you have a really beautiful home! :)

Lindsay October 13, 2012 at 9:18 am

Yes to the urge to clean! I get it often in our tiny Korean pad, it just gets so cluttered so quickly~ but we make it work! I love the new kitchen color, so fresh;)

Stefanie October 14, 2012 at 12:36 am

Where did you get the “Eat good food” sign in your kitchen?

Tina October 14, 2012 at 9:21 am

It’s from Etsy! :)

Stefanie October 14, 2012 at 8:27 pm

@Tina: I’ll have to look for that. Thanks!

Kristy Doyle October 14, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I just showed my fiance this post. We just love how Murph is in every picture. We want a pug so bad!

Carol T. October 15, 2012 at 7:47 am

Tina

your house looks great. So neat and organized.. it is always a great feeling when the hosue is cleaned.. thanks for sharing.

Melanie September 12, 2013 at 3:59 pm

I LOVE that he is in every house tour pic! That is so great!