• Our New Driveway

October 24, 2012

Check out our new driveway!!! (You can see the before pics here.)

It’s so cool.

(The hole in the photo above is a gas line, which couldn’t be paved over, so it’s filled in with some dirt/gravel.)

Ahhh! I love it! You should have seen Mal’s face when he came home from work yesterday afternoon. He had the goofiest smile on his face—ok, we both did—because he was so happy with the final product. It looks so good! Hooray for a new driveway!

Workout

I didn’t end up going to CrossFit last night. The workout was running + Double Unders, and I did plenty of running on Sunday, so I “saved” my CrossFit workout for tomorrow night. Plus, things have been a little weird digestively (no blood, thank God!) since I ran 10 miles and then drank wine and ate crap on Sunday, so I figured taking another day off would probably be good for me.

Instead of CrossFit, I took Murphy for a 2-mile walk around our neighborhood, which was a nice and relaxing way for me to get some exercise… well, for the most part. At one point during our walk, Murphy found a boneless chicken finger (like from McDonald’s or Burger King) on the side of the road and would NOT let it go. I kept telling him to “drop it,” which he usually responds to, but this chicken finger was much too delicious. I reach into his mouth to pull it out, but it was all slimy and nasty and there was no way he was going to loosen his grip on it, so I just let him eat it. What a butthead. He’s so stubborn sometimes.

fallpugwalk

Dinner

Delicious dinner last night! I made Honey Cashew Chicken and it turned out great. I didn’t follow the recipe exactly (the chicken was already cooked and we didn’t have any cornstarch), but I mostly followed the measurements for the ingredients. The recipe didn’t have a super strong taste of honey like I expected, but it was still really good. I’m sure you’ll see this one on CNC again!

After dinner, I broke into a jar of Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter. My mom and I were talking about it the other day, and I realized I hadn’t had any yet this season, so I stopped by TJ’s to buy some yesterday.

TraderJoe'sPumpkinButter

I added a huge scoop of it to some microwaved and mashed Sweet Potato Slices with raisins, and, oh my goodness, yum. It tasted like thick, creamy pumpkin pie filling.

Just for fun…

Would you rather eat pumpkin pie or apple crisp?

P.S. Dogs in Halloween costumes. That is all.

P.P.S. I’ll have Wednesday’s plank/core workout in my afternoon post!

Life's a Bowl October 24, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I think I’d take a chunk of apple crisp and make my husband get a piece of pie ;)

Sarah Lynn October 24, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Pumpkin pie for sure!!

Ellen Renee October 24, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Pumpkin pie! That and stuffing are what I crave for Thanksgiving. Something totally unrelated….my little dog Molly found in the fall leaves a flattened mouse…..I was chatting with someone who had stopped us on our walk and I had felt her pulling away from me a bit and sniff at some leaves. Next thing I know I look down at her and she is holding this object in her mouth that is nearly as big as she is. I had to do a double take and then practically lost it right then and there!!! Oh so disgusting. I had bags in my pocket and I wrapped my hand in that and played tug of war with her over that dang thing. She did not want to give up her treasure! I won though. Wanted to bleach out her mouth when we got home but figured that wouldn’t be a good thing to do. SHUDDER!!!

Erika October 24, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Pumpkin pie, no question! I am obsessed with pumpkin. I have that same pumpkin butter and I mix into my greek yogurt with fruit and some gluten free granola. The other night I melted peanut butter & a few tablespoons of TJ’s chocolate chips in the microwave. When it came out I swirled it up and added some TJ’s pumpkin butter. I cut up apples and dipped them in. So good! Have you had TJ’s Chili Lime chicken burgers? They are excellent. :)

luv what you do October 24, 2012 at 10:29 pm

That is such a tough decision between pie and crisp. I love them both! Usually apple crisp but pumpkin everything else! Congrats on the new driveway….llooks awesome!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance October 25, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Pumpkin pie AND apple crisp together. :)

Haha Murphy is a little nugget. So cute.

Amanda Jewell October 25, 2012 at 9:06 pm

I’m pretty obsessed with this pumpkin butter (http://www.kauffmansfruitfarm.com/Pumpkin%20Butter%20no%20Sugar%20Pint/item/RBPNP2). It doesn’t haven’t any sweetener in it, but it still tastes AMAZING. I order a few pints every month or two. At only 150 calories for the ENTIRE jar and only 5 ingredients (Pumpkin, Apple Cider, Cinnamon, Lemon, Citric Acid), it finds its way into everything I eat.