• Photos from the Weekend

September 3, 2012

HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!

With it being Labor Day weekend and all, I took a little break from blogging and enjoyed my time away from the computer. Of course, I never go anywhere without my camera, so here are some photos from the weekend.

SATURDAY: Elizabeth’s bachelorette party on Cape Cod

Mimosas on the beach.

2012-09-03_1135

Limo ride with Jerry.

4cc517e2f48511e1839c123138192853_7
    Image via Elizabeth

Drinks and dinner at Chatham Bars Inn.

2012-09-03_1134

40d6f430f4be11e195f322000a1d0ce4_7
    Image via Elizabeth

Asparagus Frites with Parmesan and Truffle Lemon Aïoli.

2012-09-03_1141

“Cape Cod” cookies.

SUNDAY: Labor Day barbeque in Winthrop

2012-09-03_1127

Delicious eats.

2012-09-03_1140

Memories from our cruise.

2012-09-03_1140_001

2012-09-03_1131

How’d you spend your Labor Day weekend?

Nikki September 3, 2012 at 11:43 am

Those cookies really threw me for a loop–then I went back up and reread the part about the bachelorette party…a ha! (I didn’t remember eating cookies like that when I was in Cape Cod!)

Tina September 3, 2012 at 1:36 pm

@Nikki: Haha! :)

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } September 3, 2012 at 11:55 am

Those cookies are spectacular!

Spent the weekend hiking, eating, lounging at the beach and getting ready to go play mini golf today!

Tina September 3, 2012 at 1:36 pm

@Erica { EricaDHouse.com }: Sounds like a lovely weekend! :)

Christine (The Raw Project) September 3, 2012 at 11:58 am

Great photos, hope you’re having a great day!

Renee @BendifulBlog September 3, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Haha! Cape Cod Cookies! Very Cute!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 3, 2012 at 12:05 pm

What a wonderful weekend!!

Courtney September 3, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Looks like you had an eventful weekend! We did a whole lot of nothing and just took it easy.

Cait @ Beyond Bananas September 3, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Looks like a fun weekend! I did lots of things to get ready for my first full days of school with my new class. We also bought new appliances. Nothing too fun!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 3, 2012 at 12:27 pm

I spent it moving into my new apartment! Now, to relax until I start school again Monday. It’s a bit nervewracking, really.

Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness September 3, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Looks like a fun weekend! Weekends on the cape are always a good time and nothing beats mimosas on the beach!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance September 3, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Looks like fun times! We went to a cookout with some friends. It’s an annual event and always a blast! :)

Sara @ The Foodie Diaries September 3, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Looks like fun! My labor day weekend was lacking in the labor. I spent the days relaxing by the beach and having a few drinks with some friends! :)

Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 3, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Oh my goodness, the brown sprinkles on the cookies are cracking me up….haha!!!

Looks like you had a fun weekend away from the computer!!

mary @ minutespermile September 3, 2012 at 2:01 pm

looks like fun! good for you for taking a blogging break. and for eating fried asparagus, of course.

Simone September 3, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I spent the weekend with hanging out with my dad on his boat, being a twin I never get to spend time with my parents one on one so it was a real treat :)

Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 3, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I’ve spent my long weekend sleeping through the sun because I’m working the overnight shifts. But I reunited with one of my best friends who I haven’t seen in 2+ years, cut 8 inches off my hair, and now I’m about to lace up for a 6 mile run to at least savour some of the sunshine!!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 3, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Looks like a great weekend. I’ve been trying to motivate myself for a run while also recovering from my 36 hour drive from SoCal to Chicago.

Natalie @ FreshLifeFindings September 3, 2012 at 4:52 pm

It looks like you had a great weekend! Mimosas on the beach sounds perfect. Loving the cookies haha, I have one of those cookie cutters from planning a bachelorette party once. It’s always awkward if someone opens the drawer in the kitchen and sees it!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance September 3, 2012 at 8:56 pm

I spent labor day working, unfortunately. Looks like you had an amazing time!

Chelsea September 3, 2012 at 9:24 pm

my apartment is right behind the chatham bars inn golf course and i run by chatham bars inn every day!! i remember u were in chatham last summer too!! id love to run into you!

Erin @ erinberries September 3, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Hahah! I was really surprised to see the cookies at first! I had a pretty risqué cake at the Bachelorette party I threw earlier in the summer.

Aurielle September 3, 2012 at 11:36 pm

My husband and I took a trip to Williamsburg/Yorktown/Jamestown for Labor Day weekend. It was quite an adventure!

Elisabeth September 3, 2012 at 11:55 pm

You look awesome in that dress! (especially your arms) :)

Shannon September 4, 2012 at 7:57 am

Cookies ~ haa haa….I looked at them and thought ~ is that the shape of cape code, geez that is weird it looks familiar, what is it?….ohhhhhh, bachelorette party…ohhhhhh:)

Paj September 4, 2012 at 11:45 am

Chatham Bars Inn is sooo nice. I’m going there this coming weekend…too bad it’s for work and not all fun like you had!

Kelly@BalancedDaily September 4, 2012 at 1:40 pm

This weekend I was able to relax in the sun quite a bit. On Saturday I went to the beach with a couple friends and enjoyed some ice cold “lime-a-ritas”, then on Sunday I went for a long walk on Bayshore Boulevard, and checked out this outdoor fair with a bunch of different booths with homemade jewelry, art, and other stuff like that, and then on Monday I hung out by the pool all day. Great Labor Day weekend, although I don’t think I would have rather been anywhere besides Cape Cod (besides the traffic to and from).

Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre September 4, 2012 at 8:18 pm

How fun! I was in Cape Cod over Labor Day weekend for a bachelorette, too! We went to the Beach Comber, Arnold’s for Lobster rolls (yum), laid on the beach, rented a pontoon boat, shopped around Provincetown and went to a drag show (hilarious!).

Tina September 4, 2012 at 8:22 pm

That sounds fun!!!

Tom September 4, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Those cookies look familiar but I cannot put my finger on it. Maybe if they had nuts on them.