Good morning! Happy Thursday! I’m off to New York City again this morning, which means I finally earned my free ride on the Bolt Bus! After a certain number of ticket purchases, you get one free! Woohoo!
I’ll be in the Big Apple for less than 24 hours, so I decided to pack light and just take a backpack and a bag full of food (obviously). Any time I go somewhere, I usually have so much crap stuff with me, I’m actually looking forward to traveling with a lighter load today.
Fall is here, so I broke out the crockpot to make last night’s dinner!
On the menu: Coconut-Curry Beef. I found this recipe online a couple of weeks ago, and it sounded so delicious and easy to make, I just had to give it a try. I made a number of changes to the ingredients and instructions, so my recipe is below.
The Coconut-Curry Beef turned out great””nice and tender with tons of flavor. I have a feeling it’ll make awesome leftovers, too!
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 12-ounce can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper and then place in crockpot.
- In a large bowl, mix together onion, garlic, ginger powder, coconut milk, honey, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Then, pour over beef in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low heat until meat is fork-tender, about 4 hours.
- Cut beef into chunks and serve.
I really wanted some vanilla cake batter coconut butter for dessert, but I refrained since I did such a number on the jar yesterday afternoon. Instead, I had a bowl of cantaloupe and blueberries with almond butter. It was almost as delicious.
Well Fed Cookbook Giveaway
Thanks to everyone who entered the giveaway to win a copy of Well Fed! Here are your winners:
My daughters, 29 and 26 yrs. of age, have Crohn’s disease. My youngest had a resection of her intestines earlier this year and we were all very hopeful that would rid her of chronic pain she deals with everyday. Unfortunately, in her case it did not. It is back. She is taking her health in her own hands and has stictly followed the Paleo diet for the last 3 months. She has lost some weight, looking healthy, and feels good for the most part. She swears by the Paleo diet”¦if I win this cookbook, I would give it to my daughter, Monica.
This sounds like a cookbook full of yummy recipes that don’t call for a million crazy ingredients- making healthy/Paleo eating easier. I would love to win!
I would like to win a copy of Well Fed because I’m currently eating clean and have recently joined a CrossFit Box and would like to start eating more paleo. Easy simple recipes work for me. So this may be the book I’ve been looking for. Thanks!
Congrats!! Please email me at [email protected] with your full name and mailing address to claim your new cookbook!
FitFluential Interview with Chris Froio of Reebok
And for the CrossFit and Reebok fans”¦
- How the Reebok-CrossFit relationship developed
- How long he’s been doing CrossFit and his “Fran” time
- What he’d say to someone who’s never done CrossFit, but wants to try it
- How CrossFit has changed the working environment at Reebok HQ
- How education fits in with Reebok apparel and products
Question of the Day
Are you a over-packer, under-packer, or a just right-packer? What are your tips for traveling light?
If you’re a CrossFit/Reebok fan, what would you have asked Chris Froio?
I’m off to New York City to see Madonna! AHHHH! So psyched!