• Kicking Off Fitbloggin’ 12

September 21, 2012

I’m here! I’m at Fitbloggin’! Yay! I’m so psyched to be here—and a BIG thank you to fitmixer who sponsored me! I’m excited to learn, laugh, and sweat!

I honestly love this conference. The vibe is super positive and you can tell everyone is excited to connect with and learn from one another. Two thumbs up for Fitbloggin’!

016 (640x480)

Once I checked into my hotel room, I headed out in search of food. I had dinner plans with some blog buddies later in the evening, but I just couldn’t wait to eat. I needed a snack ASAP, so I went to explore the Inner Harbor area.

001 (640x480)

003 (640x450)

006 (640x480)007 (480x640)

008 (640x480)

Eventually, I stumbled upon a Corner Bakery Café and popped inside to get something to eat.

014 (480x640)

I was planning to just get a little something to hold me over until dinner, but the Anaheim Scrambler caught my attention. It was scrambled eggs with bacon, tomatoes, onions, and avocado with fresh fruit on the side.

010 (640x480)

A nice mix of protein, fat, and carbs!

009 (640x480)

I guess I was hungrier than I thought because I ate the entire thing. Delish!

013 (640x480)

With food in my stomach, I headed back to the hotel to check-in for Fitbloggin’ and pick up my swag bag goodies, which included all sorts of fun gear from Reebok!

018 (640x480)

I’m so glad Reebok is at Fitbloggin’ this weekend. There’s a CrossFit WOD tomorrow. Booyah.

My new kicks!

028 (640x480)

A little while later, Lindsay (my roommate for Fitbloggin’) arrived with Monica and then the three of us we met up with some other blog friends for dinner at Brio.

Since I had already eaten scrambled eggs just a few hours earlier, I ordered the Beef Carpaccio. It was listed under the appetizers, so I thought it was a small portion, but when it was served to the table, I was surprised to see a massive trough tray! Ha! I still managed to eat about 2/3 of it. I can always eat.

029 (640x480)

Sarah, Brittany, Julie, and a couple of PR reps from The Laughing Cow also joined us for dinner.

031 (640x480)

After dinner, Lindsay and I met Lauren and Ashley to get some supplies for tomorrow’s fitmixer sampling.

032 (640x480)

If you’re at Fitbloggin’ this weekend, please stop by our booth to try some fitmixer aminos! We’re also hosting a Twitter/Instagram contest for Fitbloggin’ attendees to win a fitmixer product of their choice (excluding the 6-pound bags). To enter: Just snap a pic of you and your fitmixer in a tweet or Instagram with the hashtag #fitmixerfun and @fitmixer. We’ll pick the 5 most creative photos to win a prize at the end of Fitbloggin’!

I’m exhausted. Face-planting into bed…3…2…1.

Annette@FitnessPerks September 21, 2012 at 12:17 am

I liked your pants/outfit! Good choice :)

YAY for FitMixer! That stuff is delicious. Have fun tomorrow!!

Courtney September 21, 2012 at 1:09 am

I love your new shoes. Have fun tomorrow! :)

STUFT Mama September 21, 2012 at 2:34 am

Looks like you’re already having so much fun. I’m jealous of all of you! Awesome that Reebok is there (I have those same shoes). Um, that was one ginormous tray. Ha ha. Have a great weekend!!!

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } September 21, 2012 at 6:38 am

Can’t wait to join next year! Have a blast for me!

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 21, 2012 at 7:05 am

I got the exact same shoes at healthy living summit! Have fun tomorrow, I’m so jealous of this conference!

Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness September 21, 2012 at 7:39 am

Looks like so much fun! I hope you have an amazing time! I wish I was there! Enjoy your WOD tomorrow!

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh September 21, 2012 at 7:47 am

Cute shoes! I cracked up at the meat trough…that had to be a surprise. Have a great time!

Anne September 21, 2012 at 7:56 am

Haha I literally laughed out loud when I scrolled down and saw how big that app really was!
    The scenery looks georgous!

absolute health fitness September 21, 2012 at 8:00 am

Surely you had fun. Love those side fruits and scrambled egg. :)

Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 21, 2012 at 8:18 am

I love being hungrier than I thought — because you don’t have the hunger pains or the h”angry” brain/mood, but you still thoroughly enjoy every bite! (It doesn’t happen to me often though — I snack too much!)
    Have fun at the conference!! Hope it’s nothing but laughs and fun!

Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 21, 2012 at 8:25 am

I love reading about these conferences, they look like so much fun! Can’t wait to find out more about fitbloggin!

Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes September 21, 2012 at 8:43 am

Holy moley–that plate is *huge*! Can’t wait to read all about the conference. :)

tag September 21, 2012 at 8:53 am

Love Inner Harbor, we go to the Sox games alot down there, so fun.
    Have a great time!
    It amazing me how much free swag you all get at these conferences (and such great swag, like, full workout attire! ) Jealous!

Megan@funsizedfitness September 21, 2012 at 8:57 am

Oh my gosh, we had our rehearsal lunch at BRIO! Their grilled salmon salad is amazing!

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction September 21, 2012 at 8:59 am

Looks liek fun! I’m so jealous! Can’t wait for the recaps :)

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles September 21, 2012 at 9:36 am

That scramble looked amazing! And I know Monica stole your bread. Or you donated it.

Have a great time!

The Kidless Kronicles

Lu @ Wine Required September 21, 2012 at 9:55 am

That looks like a ton of fun!!!

Katie | wholelivingimprint.tumblr.com September 21, 2012 at 10:05 am

So happy that you got to meet my coworkers Allison and Brittany!!

Jolynn September 21, 2012 at 10:08 am

HA! You have to have more shoes than anyone I know! Always collecting some new kicks in your swag bags. Score!

Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 21, 2012 at 10:20 am

Have you done a shoe count lately? I am not sure I have ever seen someone with so many pair of running/tennis shoes!!!

I am going to put my “mom” voice on here now but if you know you aren’t going to eat the bread that comes with your meal, maybe you should just have them hold it. I just hate seeing good food go to waste….you know, when there are starving children everywhere. See, just the mom in me coming out :-)!!

Tina September 21, 2012 at 11:05 am

I know. I didn’t know it came with toast. The guy working the counter actually said it came with potatoes. When I got the plate, it was a huge portion, so I didn’t bother with the potatoes. Plus, I figured they’d throw out the toast anyway.

Em September 21, 2012 at 2:59 pm

You do realize by still ordering food with the bread included you’re still possibly contaminating yourself, if it causes your colitis

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 21, 2012 at 10:23 am

Holy beef carpaccio, Batman! Looks delicious, albeit massive.
    Hope you have a great time!

Paige @ Healthy Hits the Spot September 21, 2012 at 10:24 am

Yay! Thanks for posting! Feels like I am there :)

Rachel September 21, 2012 at 10:27 am

Wooo looks like such a fun weekend!

Michael September 21, 2012 at 10:45 am

Go find Miss Shirley’s Cafe for an awesome breakfast.. it’s within walking distance from the conference… http://www.missshirleys.com/

Jody September 21, 2012 at 2:06 pm

@Michael: Agreed…Miss Shirley’s is amazing!!

Lauri September 21, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Miss shirley’s is the best!! So curious where you tried to go with a 45 minute wait?

Tina September 21, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Kona Grille.

tracy September 21, 2012 at 11:27 am
    Kerry @ Totes My Oats September 21, 2012 at 11:41 am

Love all the pictures, looks like you’ll have a great time!

Kelly A. September 21, 2012 at 12:11 pm

If you’ll still be around on Sunday morning, you should try to check out the Baltimore Farmers’ Market. It’s a short ride on the free Circulator or a long-ish walk from the harbor area and its one of the best things about Baltimore. More info: http://www.promotionandarts.com/index.cfm?page=events&id=3

Jody September 21, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I hope you’ll check out some non-chain restaurants during your visit! I’m sure Brio & Corner Bakery are good, but there are SO many great restaurants in Baltimore and neighborhoods to check out other than the touristy Inner Harbor. Little Italy, Harbor East, Canton, Fells Point, Federal Hill….all great, small neighborhoods not too far from the Inner Harbor.

I second the suggestion for the farmers market on Sunday…it is great!!

Kelly@BalancedDaily September 21, 2012 at 3:35 pm

So cool that Reebok gives you guys so much free stuff. Haha I absolutely hate when I order something at a restaurant and they bring it on a humongous plate and everyone looks at you like, “uh, hungry?” Exciting stuff up there at Fitbloggin, and looks like the Baltimore weather is absolutely gorgeous!

Erin @ erinberries September 21, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Hahhaa! That plate at Brio is HUGE!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance September 22, 2012 at 2:58 am

Ah, I’m so jealous! It looks like you’re having an amazing time and I’m loving the new sneakers. Oh, the perks of being a fitness master! Haha

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 22, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Now if you’re using the tub as a cooler, how are you able to shower? 😉