• Jen’s Bachelorette Weekend

September 9, 2012

Hi, friends! Happy Sunday! I just got back from fun bachelorette weekend for my good friend, Jen, who is getting married in 5 weeks. Here she is (in the light blue top) with her bridesmaids!

The six of us rented a house in Mystic, Connecticut for the weekend, so we all drove down on Friday night. A number of us got stuck in traffic and arrived later than expected, so we stayed in and enjoyed a low-key evening. On Saturday morning, we woke up bright and early, made breakfast, and then headed to a nearby spa to get our nails done.

2012-09-09_1531

Obviously, our mani-pedis included champagne!

2012-09-09_1540

2012-09-09_1539

Lunch

After spending nearly 4 hours at the spa, we were starving, so we popped into a little pizza shop to grab lunch.

I had a chicken sandwich (minus the bun) for lunch.

After our late lunch, we headed back to the house and then got ready to go to Mohegan Sun for the night. A limo picked us up!

The limo ride involved drinking more champagne, but we had a little trouble popping the bottle.

Watch out!

Cover your eyes! Haha!

We eventually got it opened!

Cheers to the bride-to-be!

2012-09-09_1543

Hello, Mohegan!

Dinner

As soon as we arrived at Mohegan, we headed to Margaritaville for dinner and drinks.

2012-09-09_1546

To start, we shared an order of nachos and spinach-artichoke dip among the table.

While munching on our appetizers, one of the balloon artists at Margaritaville came to our table to entertain us. First, he made the bride-to-be a fun hat.

Depending how you look at it, it can be one of two things! Haha!

And then he made everyone else at the table a little something…

For my dinner, I ordered a burger with avocado and mixed veggies on the side.

After dinner, we headed to Vista Lounge for some more drinks. Vista just opened a few weeks ago, so we were all excited to check it out. Plus, my friends at Mohegan offered to reserve us a table for the night, so we were pumped.

When we arrived, there was a really sweet surprise waiting for us!

2012-09-09_1547

Thanks, Mohegan!

We spent most of the night at Vista—sipping champagne (additional bottles were purchased), chatting, people watching, and, eventually, getting down on the dance floor. (The DJ was really good!)

Jen said she had an awesome time at her bachelorette weekend. Hooray! I’m so glad I was able to celebrate with her before the big day.

What’s your favorite memory from a bachelorette (or bachelor) party?

Mine is my bachelorette weekend in Vegas. Omg, we had SO much fun! I’d love to relive that weekend! Ha!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 9, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I went to my first bachelorette party early this summer for one of my closest friends. It was so much fun and started with us going to a pole dancing class (we were all VERY thankful for the champagne) and ended with dinner, drinks and dancing as the night continued. So fun!

Sana September 9, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I usually cringe when I see people posting bachelorette party pics, but I am glad you guys did not have any peen related straws. Or even if you did you kept them off the blog :)

Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 9, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I’m not quite at the age where I’ve been to a bachelorette party yet … but I can’t wait for all my friends to start marrying off because I’m looking forward to them!! :) Looks like a fabulously fun weekend!! (Oh, and congrats to Jen and her husband-to-be!)

Jen September 9, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Why didn’t you ask them to remove the bun before bringing it to you? It’s kind of misleading…and a waste of bread that you’re not going to eat!

Tina September 9, 2012 at 5:10 pm

@Jen: Honestly, I didn’t think of it, but next time I will!

chelcie @ chelcie's food files September 9, 2012 at 5:09 pm

that sounds like such a fun evening! I love any evening that involves champagne :) i have never been to Mohegan Sun but I’m going to wait until I’m 21..only about 7 more months to go!

Paige @ Healthy Hits the Spot September 9, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I’m going to eat that spinach dip right off your blog!

Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut September 9, 2012 at 5:43 pm

So much fun! My best bachelorette parties have been in NYC. I’m not a swanky club kind of gal, so I usually take my friends to cool authentic restaurants and bars with fun dance music. Although, a close second would be the time I witnessed the usually prim and proper bride allow the hunky bartender do multiple body shots off her stomach. It should have felt so wrong, but she was so cute and giggly about it, it was just funny!

Ashley @ coffee cake and cardio September 9, 2012 at 5:45 pm

What a blast! Love the balloon “animals”!

Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife September 9, 2012 at 6:10 pm

I had my bachelorette party in Vegas, too! So much fun! I feel like Vegas is the best place for an all girls weekend!

j3nn September 9, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Mohegan Sun is on our to-visit list. We’ve been to the smaller one in the Poconos but I think the one in CT is way better. :)

Danica September 9, 2012 at 6:36 pm

looks like so much fun!! My favorite part of my bachelorette party was when we all went dancing at the end of the night–so many laughs and just such a fun time.

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama September 9, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Mohegan is so fun! Looks like you all had a great time. Best wishes to the bride to be!

Lisa September 9, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Looks so fun! Your dress is striking; green is my fave.

Trish September 9, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Mine was in Fire island (which is off the coast of Long Island) we rented a house it was amazing. ate at the house on the beach and went out at night. We were just saying last night how amazing it was i can’t believe we are getting married in 2 weeks omg……double workout tmrw – run and physique

Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 9, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I love dancing the night away!! That has always been my favorite part of bachelorette parties!!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers September 9, 2012 at 8:08 pm

What a great time! I wish all my best to the Bride to be!!

Melissa September 9, 2012 at 8:14 pm

For my bachelorette party this past June, we went wine tasting up in Santa Barbara. The best part besides drinking a LOT of wine was the bus tour. There was another group there that was incredibly entertaining, especially one of the guys. Hilarious!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats September 9, 2012 at 8:34 pm

What a fun weekend! At one of my friends bachelorette’s, her future mother-in-law had sent this awful cheeta-print bath towel and shower cap as a gift, so we wore the shower cap around all night, trading it off between girls. Finally the bride to be ended up getting sick into the shower cap on the ride home… It had a good life.

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction September 9, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Girl parties are so much fun aren’t they?! I need to try Vista, I’ve heard really good things? Did your stomach agree with the champagne?

Jenica September 9, 2012 at 9:02 pm

That is an exceptionally naughty looking hat. Glad you all has fun!

Marissa@ohhhsolovely September 9, 2012 at 9:29 pm

what a fun weekend! looks like some swanky places that you ladies went to…and, in a limo! congrats to jen!

Sarah September 9, 2012 at 9:33 pm

So, I have never actually been a part of a bachelorette party, but I host them all the time! Wine tour bachelorette parties in Boston. My sister is getting married next September (She just bought her dress on Saturday… it is breathtaking!!)… I am the maid of honor and I am scared as hell! I want it to be perfect. She is having a mega huge wedding (I, of course, am the 30 year old, older sister that has yet to find the ‘one’ and will most likely want a tiny destination wedding) I’m curious what peoples thoughts are regarding destinations/themes??? It looks like you all had a fabulous time! I sort of want to take the bridal party (8 of us) to NYC… but is it more realistic to stay local in Bostonia?? I am majorly stressing out about planning the bach party! Have you ever had to do this???

Annette@FitnessPerks September 9, 2012 at 9:39 pm

I love dancing on the dance floor with friends! AHH so fun :) Congrats to Jen!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 9, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I’ve only ever been to one bachelorette party (im 22, not too many of my friends are married yet!) and it was amazing. It involved a limo, a lot of bars and a lot of dancing. So fun.

Honey What's Cooking September 9, 2012 at 10:38 pm

looks like you had a blast. can you believe i have never been to Mohegan Sun, I’ve been wanting to go. really need to head there soon, but the price of that hotel is ridiculous most of the time. the restaurant and lounge look so nice.

what i remember from a recent bachelorette party – i’d say hanging in the pool and doing shots, that was FUN!

Anne @strawberryjampackedlife September 9, 2012 at 10:50 pm

I loved the architectural cruise around Chicago before having a blast at Howl at the Moon that night. Sigh . . . it was awesome!

Natalie @ freshlifefindings September 9, 2012 at 11:23 pm

What a fun bachelorette party! I always had that problem with the champagne until someone told me recently all you have to do is unscrew the top like a coke bottle, it works! So much easier than trying to “pop” it :)

Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 9, 2012 at 11:47 pm

I have a bachelorette party coming up in a few weeks for my sister! Planning is in the works, but it will definitely include dinner, drinks, and dancing! Can’t wait..looks like you had a great weekend!

Khushboo Thadani September 10, 2012 at 1:36 am

For my sister’s batchelorette, we started off the night with a pole dancing class- SO MUCH FUN!

Erinn September 10, 2012 at 2:17 am

Looks like so much fun!
    I’ve never been to a bachelorette party!! But hopefully when I get engaged I can do an entire weekend one!

Lindsay September 10, 2012 at 2:30 am

I have yet to be at a either one! So I guess I would say it was the sort of my unintentional bachelorette bash that occurred when my best friend and I went for a trip to LA. We ended up at Santa Monica Pier and were on the ferris wheel when everyone below us started rushing to the beach: Jack Johnson was throwing a surprise performance. THAT was an amazing night!

Teresa @ fitnwoodbine.blogspot.com September 10, 2012 at 7:16 am

Love your green dress!! Where did you buy it????? So pretty!!

Tina September 10, 2012 at 7:20 am

Thanks! It’s from Marshalls, but I bought it a few years ago.

Olivia September 10, 2012 at 10:37 am

Looks like a fun weekend! I always loved that dress on you. It looks like you’ve lost weight though!

Kelly@BalancedDaily September 10, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I’ve never been to a bachelorette party (yet), but hearing about other people’s always makes me think about what I’ll want for mine one day. I think a weekend away where I can get the best of both world- a little bit of relaxation, and a little bit of partying. Looks like this weekend had just that.

Sara @ The Foodie Diaries September 10, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I LOVE Mohegan Sun! It’s so much fun, and there’s so much more to it than just the casino. There’s restaurants, clubs, and of course, blackjack tables ;) glad you had a great time, looks like so much fun!

Katy @ HaveYouHurd September 12, 2012 at 10:44 am

My fave part of my bachelorrette party weekend was the second night! The first night we all got wild so we were hurting on Day 2. After dinner on Day 2 everyone was moving real slow and kind of thinking we might just stay in. Luckily two of my wild friends said “GO OUT OR BUST” so the rest of us got our butts in gear and we headed down to this deserted karaoke bar and had THE BEST time! Workouts aren’t the only time you have to suck it up and get moving!