• If It Is Important To You…

September 18, 2012

I saw this quote on the CrossFit 781 website the other day and just wanted to share:

important
    [image source]

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse.

So true! Doesn’t this quote apply to so many things in life? I know I make time for the things I find important (i.e. Mal, Murphy, family, friends, blogging, CrossFit), and the stuff that isn’t as important to me (i.e. ironing, spending gift cards, planning a yard sale)… well, I have plenty of excuses for them! Ha!

What things do you find important and make time for in your life?

Workout

Last night, our warm up at CrossFit was kind of like a mini workout. We did 4 rounds of 5 Burpees, 10 Hand-Release Push-ups, 15 Kettlebell Swings, and 20 banded Morning Glories. Let’s just say, I was good and warm once I finished!

Our warm up also inspired a fun workout for you guys. All you need is a kettlebell to do this one. Enjoy!

WarmUpWOD

Last night’s WOD was a tough one! Check it out:

WOD

AMRAP 12:

16 Romanian Deadlifts

8 Pistols each side

2 Turkish Get-ups each side

Rx: (185, 135)
    L2: (155, 115)
    L1: (115, 85)
    Beg: (95, 65)

I did Level 2 for this WOD (115 pounds for the Romanian Deadlifts, Pistols unassisted, 20-pound kettlebell for the Turkish Get-ups), so I was totally spent after 12 minutes. My legs felt like Jello!

I worked my legs pretty hard, so I knew I needed to get some protein to my muscles ASAP for recovery. I immediately thought of eggs as a quick protein source, but the thought of downing a bowl of eggs after a tough workout didn’t not appeal to me. It actually sounded pretty disgusting. But the thought of eggs made me think of another quick protein source that was a lot more appetizing: vanilla ice cream flavored egg protein powder!

As you know, I’ve been keeping things pretty simple with my diet lately, but now that I’m feeling better, I decided to have a protein shake made with GNC 100% Egg Protein, canned coconut milk, and water. It was so delicious and it delivered 25g of protein straight to my tired muscles. It tastes so good when it hits your lips!

Dinner

Last night’s dinner was “The Best Chicken Recipe You’ll Ever Eat” from Well Fed with sliced avocado and roasted broccoli. It was really good (spicy!), but not the best chicken recipe I’ve ever eaten. However, the recipe called for allspice, but I didn’t have any, so maybe it was a key ingredient? Even still, I liked it a lot, and we have plenty of leftovers for tonight’s dinner.

After dinner, I wanted something sweet to eat, so I finished off the bag of grapes in the refrigerator. Grapes are the best snack, aren’t they?

Grapes_002

Planning a low-key evening with M & m tonight—probably watching a movie and cuddling on the couch. Hope you have a lovely evening, blog friends!

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio September 18, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Awesome quote Tina!! Is it bad that I actually need to think about this one? My husband and puppy are a top priority but I feel like I may have lost focus on the others things that matter and keeping them first.

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } September 18, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Lol – I’m going to have Will Ferrell saying that line in my head allll night tonight now!

Courtney September 18, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I have the egg protein! I can’t drink it straight up with water, but add in some milk and a shake of PB2 and I’m in heaven.

Amanda @ Eat More Rabbit Food September 18, 2012 at 4:59 pm

This is one of my favorite quotes!! And that looks like a great WOD. I have Romanian Deadlifts in my workout today too! I love em!

kathleen @ the daily crumb September 18, 2012 at 5:03 pm

red grapes don’t stand a chance in my house! they are ridiculously addicting. i’ve started freezing them just to force myself to eat them more slowly!

Lisa September 18, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Agreed. If you want something badly enough, nothing will get in the way. That’s how I was with my goal of losing 100 pounds. I made my mind up to lose the weight and nothing was going to keep me from it. I get a lot of emails from people saying they can’t lose the weight and I wish I could say it’s easy: you just have to want it badly enough!

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles September 18, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I have pinned that to my Inspiration board! Nice job.

The Kidless Kronicles

Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 18, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I’ve been eating grapes like crazy too lately, they’ve been so cheap at the grocery store!

I love that quote, it couldn’t be more true. I make time for family, friends, work, grad school, blogging, the gym, and eating healthy/grocery shopping. Sleeping? Not at the top of the list anymore (sadly!) haha.

Annette@FitnessPerks September 18, 2012 at 6:14 pm

I LOVE that quote. We put our energy into our passions & things we hold of most importance, for sure!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats September 18, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Haha very true, I’ve always got excuses for things I don’t care about but when it comes to important things I never give up – like my marathon training! And grapes are the best snack, I can’t ever stop eating them though!

STUFT Mama September 18, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Oh man, I’ve been out of that protein powder for a couple weeks now and I’m going through withdrawals. Ha ha. Your tuna cakes you posted earlier look divine by the way! I may have to use a little of this workout in my boot camp in a bit! Woot woot! Thanks for the inspiration!

Ed September 18, 2012 at 7:15 pm

That is a good quote and makes sense. i have to remember that when my butt is on the couch and is “not feeling like it”.

Ellie@Fit for the Soul September 18, 2012 at 7:38 pm

You know, that’s a really good questiON! I make sure to make time everyday (well, some days I’m not so great at them) to read the Bible and pray! And of course, I make time to make tasty and healthy meals, work out, blog a few times a week, and spend time with my loved ones one way or another. :)

Natalie September 18, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Awesome quote! We find a way to do what’s important! I get up 45 minutes before my baby just to have time to sit and map out my day and meditate on what I want to accomplish. It really helps me plan and get everything done (work-outs included!).

Jenica September 18, 2012 at 8:01 pm

I always find time for blogging, exercising, and cooking. I always WANT to find a way to do work when I get home…but I don’t. Guess it’s not that important to me. Oops.

Lauren September 18, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Love that quote and you are so right, it applies in so many facets of your life. And YAY for feeling better! :)

Karen @ Runner Girl Eats September 18, 2012 at 9:03 pm

As a recovering procrastinator, I really love this quote. I always find time to take 15 min to do something totally selfish. Whether it is reading a crappy gossip magazine, stretching in the morning or sitting in the quiet drinking my coffee. Those few minutes really help me slow down and relax and makes me feel so much better about my day :)

JLO September 18, 2012 at 9:06 pm

You seem sooo slimin this pic here. Have you been loosing weight lately? Don’t want to be mean or anything, just worry about you. Take care!

Tina September 18, 2012 at 9:13 pm

I actually got weighed at the doc last week, and I was 130 pounds, so I haven’t lost a single pound! :)

michelle kim September 18, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Have a great time chillin’ with M&M!
    I make time for family, friends, and fitness because they are all important to me.

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 18, 2012 at 9:14 pm

I love that quote and agree it is SO true in so many aspects of our lives.

Pam September 18, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Your chicken looks great, I also love topping chicken with avocado!
    I am so addicted to grapes right now, they had Organic grapes on sale so I bought 2 bags :)

mary @ minutespermile September 18, 2012 at 9:35 pm

oh, i just got Well Fed. what do you think? i’m sort of on the fence about it. on one hand, she definitely has some good recipes. on the other, when i was reading the intro and looking at their grocery list (and mentally adding up the cost of 20 lbs of meat a week), i was like NO WAY could i eat like this. also, i made the lamb meatballs first and felt really sick afterwards. the carrot/parsnip fries, though…they were the bomb.

Tina September 18, 2012 at 9:36 pm

I love it so far! I made her Pad Thai recipe again tonight for dinner! :)

Ivana@This Girl Inspired September 18, 2012 at 9:35 pm

I saw that quote on Pinterest recently…so true! It’s amazing how we can come up with a ton of excuses when we really don’t want to do something =) On the protein powder, I just recently started using the Optimum Nutrition 100% whey protein from GNC. Totally love it! It seriously tastes like chocolate milk…all with 24g of protein. Score!

KaraHadley September 18, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I completely agree with that quote. Sometimes it’s the simplest things — like excuses or flipping a coin — that make it so easy to find out what’s REALLY important to you.
    Also, I just finished off my GNC chocolate egg protein and it is so dang good! The chocolate has this really rich mouth feel that it also feels (and tastes) like drinking a chocolate frosty, even when it’s made with just water! Egg protein is definitely my new favorite.

Tina September 18, 2012 at 9:38 pm

I need to try the chocolate flavor next! Everyone raves about it!

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction September 18, 2012 at 11:23 pm

That quote is so true! There are people busier than me/us out there that find the time to workout etc!

Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 18, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Love the quote. Choose the best and leave the rest!!
    All I want is to be happy and truly healthy (both mentally and physically) — definitely on my way there and want to continue down that road! :)
    Grapes are SO fabulous!! I can’t believe how long I had gone without eating them! Seriously — how did I live without them in my life?!

Simone September 19, 2012 at 12:11 am

Definitely enjoying a nice lazy night on the couch with some much needed chocolate! Enjoy your night

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 19, 2012 at 7:41 am

That quote is very true! Friends/family, school, exercise, cooking and leisure time are all important to me, so I always make times for these things!

Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness September 19, 2012 at 8:07 am

Great quote! Thanks for sharing! That smoothie sounds great and I bet the coconut milk added in made it extra filling! Grapes are an awesome snack! I especially love them frozen!

Lu @ Wine Required September 19, 2012 at 9:02 am

That coconut-egg protein drink sounds wonderful. I love the quote that you put up. It makes so much sense!

Paige @ Healthy Hits the Spot September 19, 2012 at 9:57 am

Yep, I love that quote!

Mara @ martialartsnchocolate.blogspot.com September 19, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I absolutely LOVE that quote: “If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse.”

Thanks for sharing! We all need a reminder sometimes to keep things in perspective.

Kelly@BalancedDaily September 19, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Grapes are my forever number one go-to snack. I always plop down and eat a bunch right after work- they’re soo good. I literally crave sliced avocado every time I see them in your pictures. Love that quote- things I made excuses for: printing out pictures for frames, polishing my silver jewelry that I want to be able to wear again, and making time to be active on LinkedIn.

Kandi September 19, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Grapes are the best! They’re always in my house and I find myself getting a handful every time I go by the fridge!

Katie | wholelivingimprint.tumblr.com September 19, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Love that quote! Just added it to my motivation board I have been building!

Chiropractic Manager September 20, 2012 at 3:44 am

I love fresh grapes too after dinner or during snacks. I like the taste of canned coconut milk too.