• Running, CrossFit + Fitmixer Fun

September 21, 2012

Hello! I’m having a blast at Fitbloggin’!

My morning started bright and early with a 4-mile run along the water with Monica and Lindsay.

The inner harbor was gorgeous at this hour of the day.

After our run, Lindsay and I said goodbye to Monica and then got ourselves all set up to sample the fitmixer aminos.

001 (480x640)

A HUGE thank you to Jill and Lauren for helping us with the sampling this morning!

003 (640x480)

Fitmixer fun = handstands!

And bicep curls!

Mid-morning, while Jill (wo)manned the table, Lindsay and I got our CrossFit on!

005 (640x480)

It was a partner WOD!

013 (640x480)

2 rounds (60 seconds of each):

• Air Squats
    • Sit-ups
    • Burpees

One person worked while the one person rested, so Lindsay started with Air Squats and did as many as she could in 60 seconds while I rested and cheered her on. Once the 60 seconds was up, we switched and I did as many Air Squats as I could. Then, we moved onto Sit-ups and Burpees, switching back and forth, and then we did the entire sequence all over again.

014 (640x480)

015 (640x480)

016 (640x480)

017 (640x480)

019 (640x480)

021 (640x480)

022 (640x480)

025 (640x480)

After the WOD, Lindsay and I helped with the sampling.

026 (640x480)

We set up right outside the workout, so tons of people stopped by to try it.

029 (640x480)

There were lots of new fans!

027 (640x480)

028 (640x480)

032 (640x480)

Blog buddies: Sarah, Monica, Brittany, me, and MizFit!

033 (640x480)

For breakfast, I ate some fresh fruit, sausage, and eggs, but I never snapped a photo because I shoveled it into my mouth since I needed to get back to the fitmixer table. After the sampling, I grabbed a hardboiled egg as a snack.

038 (640x480)039 (640x480)

I also drank iced Calm tea from Starbucks.

040 (480x640)

The morning was all about getting our sweat on and the afternoon is devoted to more informational blog sessions. I’m looking forward to it!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat September 21, 2012 at 1:13 pm

You girls look like you’re having WAY too much fun. :) Enjoy the afternoon sessions!

Heather September 21, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Welcome to Bmore! My favorite run is around the harbor from Fort McHenry to Canton and back. So much to see.
    Enjoy your stay.

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance September 21, 2012 at 1:30 pm

awww . . . looks like so much fun. I’ll be interested in hearing about your sessions this afternoon. Hopefully you’ll recap! 😉

Amanda @ Eat More Rabbit Food September 21, 2012 at 1:33 pm

What a great WOD!! So simple and you can do it anywhere!! Great for traveling! Have fun=)

Zulema September 21, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Looks so much fun ! 4am phew that’s early my goal is to wake up at 5am I’ve worked my way to 6am right now, it’s just hard for me to go to sleep early.

Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes September 21, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Great pictures, Tina! Glad to see you’re having fun! :)

Teri {a foodie stays fit} September 21, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Partner WOD sounds fun! Are air squats the same as jump squats? I need to start learning CrossFit lingo! :)

Tina September 21, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Nope, just body weight squats! :)

Marisa E September 21, 2012 at 1:46 pm

You have killer guns….that is all.

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles September 21, 2012 at 1:53 pm

HATE Burpees. Looks like you are having a great time. Enjoy the rest of the day.

The Kidless Kronicles

Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness September 21, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Sounds like fun! I love partner workouts!

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } September 21, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I’m going to get the bf to do that partner WOD with me tomorrow!

Grace @ Grace Dishes September 21, 2012 at 2:18 pm

So motivating seeing everyone work out! I love that!

Rachel September 21, 2012 at 2:33 pm

you guys look like you’re having so much fun!

Cata September 21, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I’ve been wanting to ask you (I remember you drop a few pounds when you first started crossfit) how do you keep track of your weight? I’ve been gaining weight since I started crossfit, but I guess it is all muscle (hopefully) but do you keep track of your muscle mass percentage or just your weight? YOU LOOK AWSOME!!!!!!!

Michelle (Peachy Palate) September 21, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Looks like such a fun event!! Great that you all get to hang out!

Jenica September 21, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Looks like a ton of fun! I imagine these conferences are just so awesome to meet other bloggers with the same passions.

Life's a Bowl September 21, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Everything looks like a blast! It was was one of my “22 While 22” goals to attend a healthy living retreat/ summit but due planning a wedding and switching jobs I don’t think it’ll happen- I’m welcoming 23 next week 😛 There’s always next year!

Julie September 21, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Looks like fun!!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats September 21, 2012 at 3:24 pm

this looks like so much fun! And you’re rocking those squats! Haha I am working so hard on getting mine that low!

Annette@FitnessPerks September 21, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Awww looks so fun! I love stuff like this. And YES-FitMixer aminos are the jam!

Kelly@BalancedDaily September 21, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Looks like a lot of fun! Its so funny seeing so many different bloggers in one place, especially you standing next to MizFit! Good idea to set up right outside the WOD, I’m sure you got a lot of new Fit Mixer fans on board!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 21, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Have fun! Totally wish I was there to workout and hang out with all of you lovely ladies!

Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut September 21, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Whoa, impressive handstands! I actually like air squats and burpees, but I have a feeling if I did this Crossfit style, I might not! Guess there’s only one way to find out. :)

Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 21, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I think it’s so cool to see two of my favorite bloggers hanging out together! (you and Lindsay). Looks like you guys are having a blast… love all the action shots from the WOD!

Becka @ simplybecka September 21, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Looks like everyone is having a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing the experience with us all here on your wonderful blog.

Alyson September 21, 2012 at 4:52 pm

What a fun day! I will have to look into more fitmixer locations! Thank you for sharing.

Ed September 21, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Wow looks like a pretty good time had by all!

Megan@funsizedfitness September 21, 2012 at 7:57 pm

That partner WOD looks like a blast :)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers September 21, 2012 at 8:07 pm

How fun, but dam what a workout!!!!

Siobhan September 21, 2012 at 8:17 pm

I go to Loyola in Baltimore (although I’m abroad right now) and you need to try Woodberry Kitchen! http://www.woodberrykitchen.com/ My favorite place in the whole city.

Ellie September 21, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Whoaaaa I luv dat handstand! Hours learn dat haha

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 21, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Hoping I get to try fitmixer sometime!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 21, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Baltimore is such a pretty city! My sister-in-law lives there and I love going to visit!

mary @ minutespermile September 21, 2012 at 10:19 pm

you guys were killing it at the crossfit workout! and thanks for the post-sweat bevs!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance September 22, 2012 at 3:08 am

I’ve said it many times and ill say it again, your body is ridiculous. I will take half of your muscle mass, please! Haha

Khushboo Thadani September 22, 2012 at 6:55 am

Nice guns :)

Dana September 22, 2012 at 7:36 am

My friends coached the WOD! I live right around the corner and run along the water a lot. It’s realty peaceful in the mornings. Enjoy BMore!

You look great btw! CF is definitely working for you!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 22, 2012 at 7:53 am

That must have been fun to do a CrossFit workout with a bunch of other bloggers – I bet there was some awesome energy in that room! 😀

Giselle@ahealthyhappyhome September 22, 2012 at 9:33 am

Looks like so much fun! I’m doing the Fitmixer bootcamp right now and love the Aminos!

Tina September 22, 2012 at 9:39 am

Nice!! I want to try the Bootcamp. Do you like it?

Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer September 22, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Looks like a great workout! #GetAfterIT

Melissa @ Fit 'N' Well Mommy September 22, 2012 at 5:49 pm

The WOD must have been fun, especially doing it with everyone!!

On another note, what shoes do you wear for CrossFit? Do you wear the Reebok Nanos? I have been wearing the New Balance Minimus for a year now, but I’m thinking of trying the Nanos.

Tina September 22, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Yep, I’m rocking the Nanos lately! :)

Jack Tyler October 14, 2012 at 9:30 pm

What a life! Looks like everyone is having an amazing time. Your faces look great, it explains how happy you are. Losing weight while enjoying on what you doing is so awesome. Love the pictures especially the bicep curls. Thanks for sharing the experience with us all here on your wonderful blog. Thanks for sharing the experience with us all here on your wonderful blog.