• Fall Bucket List

September 14, 2012

Good morning! Happy FRIDAY!!

I totally got sucked into Pinterest last night. I have no idea how it happens, but it does. Hey, I like pretty pictures! Anyway, I spent quite awhile pinning things to my new Fall Bucket List board.

2012-09-13_1529

I’m hoping to cross off more items from this list than my Summer Bucket List since I failed miserably there were quite a few that I didn’t manage to do.

I posted my Summer Bucket List below and linked to the things I did this summer and bolded the ones I didn’t do. (I did the last item on my list—“Go swimming at Funny Farm”—but I guess I never blogged about it.)

I’m actually sort of surprised that I didn’t do more this summer because I could have easily done some of these items if I remembered to look at my bucket list. I printed out my Fall Bucket List and hung it on my office bulletin board, so, hopefully, I’ll be more on top of it and do all sorts of fun fall stuff in the coming weeks.

Dinner

Mal and I did our own thing for dinner last night, so I whipped up a recipe from Practical Paleo for “Mashed Faux-tatoes,” which is mashed, steamed cauliflower mixed with coconut oil (or butter). I added curry, garlic powder, paprika, cinnamon, salt, and pepper to the mix. Delicious!

IMG_1987 (563x750)

Dinner also included canned tuna mixed with avocado. It was quite tasty!

IMG_1985 (750x563)

After dinner, I watched TV with Mal and gave our very demanding pug some belly rubs.

IMG_1993 (750x563)

Mom, I’m waiting.

IMG_2001 (750x563)

Come on, belly rubs, lady!

IMG_2004 (750x563)

Mom? Belly rubs? Please?

IMG_1995 (750x563)

What’s on your fall bucket list?

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } September 14, 2012 at 9:04 am

I love the idea of making a Fall Bucket List! My number one item would be to make at least 50% of the items on my Fall Flavors board :)

dana September 14, 2012 at 9:06 am

top 3 things on my fall bucket list… 1.) go camping 2.) plant mums in the front yard 3.) halloween parties! (halloween is my FAVORITE holiday EVER!!)

p.s murph cracks me up, my dog does the exact same thing! he just lays there all pathetic until we give him attention. attention whore.

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 14, 2012 at 9:08 am

I started working on my Fall Bucket List a couple weeks ago after I realized I successfully completed everything on my Summer Bucket List and had so much fun doing so!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat September 14, 2012 at 9:10 am

Definitely a pumpkin patch visit – we went two years ago but didn’t make it last year. They have awesome cider and kettle corn and fresh apples.

Lindsey September 14, 2012 at 9:11 am

Carve pumpkins, take fall photos, make a pumpkin pie are a few!

Megan@funsizedfitness September 14, 2012 at 9:16 am

I definitely want to try out a lot of the pumpkin recipes I’ve been saving on Pinterest…and learn how to make caramel apples!

Monica September 14, 2012 at 9:16 am

Fall doesn’t officially start for another week! You could squeeze in a couple more of those items in!

Tina September 14, 2012 at 10:36 am

@Monica: True! Maybe I can squeeze some of them in! :)

Cate September 14, 2012 at 10:46 am

@Tina: Kimball’s is still open too. Go after your 10k! I went a few weeks ago after a hike around walden pond and got their pumpkin ice cream. So. Good!

Tina September 14, 2012 at 10:49 am

Oh, I know it stays open well into the fall. What 10K? Haha!

Cate September 14, 2012 at 10:51 am

@Tina: Do I read too many healthy lifestyle blogs? Aren’t you running a 10k on Saturday? I’m clearly confusing you with someone else then! Oh, if you go to the west ford location, you can play mini golf and get ice cream. Knock off two items on your list!

Katy September 14, 2012 at 9:17 am

Is it possible for you to do a coconut oil “101” on your blog. I want to buy some…but I don’t get it. I feel like a dunce. Do you heat it always even when using it in a baking recipe, do you measure it solid or once its melted? Thanks! Maybe everyone “gets-it” besides me!

Brie @ Impatient Baker September 14, 2012 at 9:17 am

Haha – my dog will sit next to you and punch you with his paw and nose until you pet him. It’s rather injurious, actually.. but cute.

Kaitlyn - @runkaitrun September 14, 2012 at 9:18 am

thanks for the inspiration! definitely going to make a fall bucket list on pinterest now :)

also, definitely getting myself some cauliflower next time i head to trader joes… your dinner looks delish!

Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 14, 2012 at 9:19 am

The big thing on the fall bucket list is having pumpkin cinnamon waffles (in the belgian waffle maker my grandparents are sending!! Yay for hand-me-down appliances!) with real maple syrup. First half-marathon. Running through the arboretum once the leaves have changed. And pumpkin pie (might attempt to make it … we’ll see!).
    I LOVE cauliflower faux-tatoes. I really don’t like the taste of white potatoes, I find that they’re really grainy … Mashed cauliflower, on the other hand, is awesome. :)

Brooke September 14, 2012 at 9:21 am

I think you should remember that the first day of Autumn isn’t until the 22nd, so you still have about a week to at least get that ice cream! And to attend a farmer’s market, the ones in VT going into October! Good luck!

Courtney September 14, 2012 at 9:24 am

We go to a local apple farm and rent a bonfire, go on hayrides and pick a pumpkin!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance September 14, 2012 at 9:31 am

I’m so excited–apple picking has been on my life bucket list, and I’m going on Monday!!! I’m pretty excited about it . . . I hope it’s fun!

Danielle @ A Sense of Balance September 14, 2012 at 9:34 am

How do I not have a Fall Bucket List board on Pinterest?? I may have to steal that board idea.

A few on mine are apple picking, apple pie baking, pumpkin carving, and Vermont leaf peeping!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats September 14, 2012 at 9:34 am

My fall bucket list so far only includes going apple picking! I went last year and loved it! I’m hoping to maybe go more than once this year, although its’ going to be a busy fall!

Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats September 14, 2012 at 9:38 am

Hahaha love these pictures of murphy :)

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 14, 2012 at 9:44 am

This fall, I want to bake (pumpkin things, obviously) and go apple picking. Going on a hayride and going to a haunted house would also be amazing!

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes September 14, 2012 at 9:52 am

I love those “mashed potatoes” from PP. I spend an ungodly amount of time making them super smooth because I only have a blender not a food processor and I almost burn the motor out every time. Worth it.

Tina September 14, 2012 at 10:05 am

I think I should have let mine go longer because I had trouble getting them smooth. Next time!

Corrie Anne September 14, 2012 at 9:54 am

Good question!!! Definitely jump into a pile of leaves!! :)

Stellia @ My Yogurt Addiction September 14, 2012 at 10:00 am

Apple picking, Topsfield fair, baking fall goodies, running the Feaster 5 on Thanksgiving :)

Becky @ The Paleo Combo September 14, 2012 at 10:00 am

Holy cow.. Murph really gets after that Nyla bone!! The other side looks so neglected. LOL

Natalie @ FreshLifeFindings September 14, 2012 at 10:03 am

I love the Fall Bucket List! Mine would definitely include drinking a Pumpkin Beer, asap!

Khushboo September 14, 2012 at 10:11 am

Strawberries & whipped cream is so Wimbledon haha

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! September 14, 2012 at 10:18 am

Ha, our cat Whiskey looks just like Murphy! He adores the belly rubs. Fall is my absolute fav – so many things I can’t wait to do this fall! (including get married :))

Sara @ The Foodie Diaries September 14, 2012 at 10:26 am

I’ve been trying to think of new/fun ways to eat tuna, and now here I have it = tuna and avocado on a bagel thin/bread. Sounds like my kind of lunch :) And I’m going to stalk your Fall Bucket List for ideas on what to do this year in the Boston area. I have never experienced a fall in Boston, it’s my first one!!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 14, 2012 at 10:27 am

I just made a fall bucket list last week! A lot of mine included things that involved lots of pumpkin! Carve pumpkins, make pumpkin cookies, make homemade pumpkin spice lattes…. I love my pumpkin! :)

Tina September 14, 2012 at 10:34 am

Mmm… pumpkin spice lattes. I should add that to my list! :)

Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 14, 2012 at 10:34 am

I never got around to making a summer bucket list (and I’m kind of glad I didn’t because my summer was so busy I know I would’ve missed a lot of things I wanted to do). I think I’ll do a fall one this season though, definitely on the list is baking with pumpkin!

Annette@FitnessPerks September 14, 2012 at 10:39 am

Fall can come in a few weeks…I still want to stay with Summer for a bit longer ;)

But on my bucket list is make pumpkin soup & make at least 1 Fall recipe from Pinterest.

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles September 14, 2012 at 10:39 am

I have seen quite a few people using avocado as a mayo, so to speak. I have never tried it that way but now I am intrigued. Especially with an egg salad.

The Kidless Kronicles

Rachel September 14, 2012 at 10:49 am

Hmmm this fall I’d like to make pumpkin bread :) I didn’t last year and it kinda made me sad haha

Courtney September 14, 2012 at 11:00 am

I seem to ALWAYS get sucked into Pinterest. I love the idea of creating a Fall bucket list. There are so many fun things to do this time of year that we should take more advantage of.

Patti September 14, 2012 at 11:08 am

I’m moving to LA (aka The Land of No Fall) in mid-October, so my bucket list is mostly visiting friends and family in Boston, NY, and at the Jersey Shore one last time while it’s cheap and easy!

Jess September 14, 2012 at 11:11 am

Annnnnd I’m following this board. God I love Fall. I’ve decided I must MUST get to a pumpkin patch and/or go apple picking this fall!

Paige @ Healthy Hits the Spot September 14, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Fall is full of celebrations! My birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving… I love the fall! Not sure what’s on my Bucket List, but I’ll start making one :)

Kelly@BalancedDaily September 14, 2012 at 12:45 pm

It’s funny that you completed some of the hardest things on your summer bucket list, and left a few of the easiest ones out. My fall bucket list includes: carving a pumpkin, make a healthy pumpkin flavored dessert and thinking of a totally awesome Halloween costume to rock, last year my friends and I were troll dolls- it will be hard to beat that!

Simone September 14, 2012 at 12:55 pm

I want to get out on more walks in the fall, I find the colder weather keeps me indoors however, I love the changing leaves in the fall so I want to get out and enjoy more often… I just have to remember to wrap up and i’ll be fine :)

Michelle (Peachy Palate) September 14, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I love cauliflower “couscous” but I’ve never made a mash (I might try whizzing it to a puree!) Fall or Autumn as we call it….eat lots of pumpkin, bake pumpkin things, go blackberry picking, trace leaves on paper with my niece…:)

Josephine September 14, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I’m pin-addicted for sure. Great idea. I just made a board for fall and mine includes finding awesome costumes (couple + dogs), framing leaves, and wearing boots + leg warmers <3

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 14, 2012 at 4:15 pm

My pug loves belly rubs too!

Allison September 14, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I like the fall bucket list idea, but I like Murphy’s eyes even better. So cute and so hilarious.

Audrey September 14, 2012 at 6:10 pm

You should get the shipyard at stockholders one night they have the best sugar rim around its delicious!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 14, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I never accomplish all the things on my bucket lists either – life just has a habit of getting in the way! :P But this fall I really want to go apple picking, go on a hike, and bake lots of pumpkiny things!

luv what you do September 14, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Apple picking and the pumpkin patch for sure! A girl’s weekend with my out of town friends and another get away to Door County. Plus, an awesome holiday with my family!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance September 16, 2012 at 11:26 am

My fall bucket list is consumed mostly of activities that can not happen in Scottsdale, AZ because it is still over 100 degrees outside! :(

I have no tried Shipyard, is it tasty?

Angela@The Chicken Scoop September 19, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I may have to make one of these lists! I am just trying to get through this semester (reading your blog for an hour isn’t helping with that, lol). There are a few things I want to do like: Go to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Fair, Carve Pumpkins, and go to a Corn Maze!
    ~Ang

Tina September 14, 2012 at 11:01 am

Haha! I’m running a 5K, but it’s on the South Shore!