• Dog Paradoxes

September 26, 2012

The other day, my friend Marie (remember Marie? I miss her. *sigh*) emailed me a funny comic from The Oatmeal called “My dog: the paradox.” It totally cracked me up, so I decided to blog about some of Murphy’s dog paradoxes.

Most of the time, Murphy has doggie ADHD and can’t focus his attention on anything for more than a minute or two, but every once in awhile, he becomes obsessed with certain things.

“His” stick.

_MG_4375

The fireplace.

thefireplace

The empty dog food bag.

IMG_2392-563x750

Before bed, Murphy spends a solid two minutes circling around and trying to get comfortable in bed. He makes it a whole huge (pug) production, but, during the day, he’s not at all picky where he sleeps.

073 (675x900)

IMG_0007-375x5002

IMG_0090 (600x800)-2

Murphy isn’t afraid of potentially harmful things like cars and big, scary dogs, but he bugs out when he sees trash cans or The Donkey.

thedonkey

Murphy hates baths, but he loves the water.

murphybathtime

photo (478x640)

murphylovestheocean

Breakfast

Mmm… yesterday’s breakfast was a good one. It was a fall-y version of my “Oatmeal” Minus the Oats,” which incorporated butternut squash, pumpkin pie spice, raisins, and walnuts.

In the mix:

• 1/2 cup mashed butternut squash
    • 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
    • 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
    • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    • Raisins and walnuts

What are you some of your dog’s paradoxes?

P.S. Check me out on the Food Network’s Healthy Eats blog!

Amelia September 26, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Ha ha!! Every time that hat-wearing donkey shows up on your blog I crack up!!! Oh my goodness, Murph is one special dog. :)

Amanda September 26, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Sooooo cute! I love his face! So many expressions. He reminds me of my cat. Her face is a little smushed and she smiles or pouts. Murphy vs the donkey, too funny.

erica September 26, 2012 at 3:09 pm

weird thing my dog does? when he goes to poop, he’ll only hold himself up w/his front two legs and tap his back paws, like it helps me get everything out. it’s pretty funny.

Roz@weightingfor50 September 26, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Murphy is hilarious!!!!! He is a little dog with a VERY BIG personality!

Tina September 26, 2012 at 4:00 pm

He’s a large dog in a small package! :)

Kel September 26, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Murphy puts such a smile on my face!

I can’t say that Paco has any paradoxes, well, other than he is a small dog with a big name :). HIs full name is Paco Chavez Javier Castroneves, and is a chihuahua!

He attacks me after breakfast as I head upstairs to take a shower; he knows upstairs plus shower means I am leaving for work soon. He then brings every toy in the bathroom to distract me as I get ready. Dork.

He pouts when I leave, and like Murphy, assumes his favorite position on the back cushion on the couch. I like to think he waits there for me all day, but the food trail from his bowl to the couch tells me otherwise.

Thanks for sharing your baby with us. He really kills me!

Mrigasha September 26, 2012 at 6:46 pm

I think I just might be in love with Murphy

Tina September 26, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Haha! He’s quite lovable! :)

kyla September 26, 2012 at 6:59 pm

You should submit that donkey picture to the Ellen Degeneres Show!

Erica September 26, 2012 at 7:23 pm

That picture with the donkey SERIOUSLY needs to be posted/shown somewhere with a large audience because I can guarantee that it will go viral!

I laugh every.single.time.
    Oh Murphy! :P

Joann H September 26, 2012 at 9:21 pm

My dog barks at baby strollers

Alyssa September 26, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I can’t think of any paradox for my darling Beau-Beau, but one thing that might fall into that category is that he loves to sleep on our King bed…until we get into it! At that point, he jumps off and crawls underneath for the first half of the night. Then, during my midnight bathroom break, he hops back into the bed and takes my spot! I end up awkwardly snuggling around him for the next few hours. Oh my little Beaubie…wouldn’t know what to do without him!

Jewels September 26, 2012 at 11:02 pm

I love reading your blog and it’s like I get withdrawls if I miss a day! I must admit, Murphy is such a special poochie and he always makes me smile and laugh! Just his facial expressions! His so human like and I love reading about Murphy and all his little “cute habits”!

Karen September 27, 2012 at 7:51 am

Hilarious! I read that sitting in my classroom before school laughing my head off. The kids must think I’m nuts! (Nothing new there). Great post. Anyone who has a dog (or 2 in my case) can totally relate to that cartoon. Thanks for sharing it!

Kelly@BalancedDaily September 27, 2012 at 9:29 am

My dog barks at absolutely everything; people coming into the house, people walking by the house, squirrels on the trash can. But family and friends who have come over to drop things off, or use the bathroom during their walks (my house is on a main street and always unlocked) said that she is silent and sweet when they come in and we’re not there. Really? Haha so strange, maybe she’s just (annoyingly) protective.

Jodie September 27, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Thats such a funny blog…Murphy cracks me up!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance September 28, 2012 at 3:30 am

My dog loves dog parks, but hates dogs. It’s ridiculous.

Stacey October 6, 2012 at 1:02 am

I’ve been stalking your blog for quite a while and have never checked in to say hi! I decided now is as good a time as any especially since I saw this adorable Pug Alphabet Cartoon, immediately thought of you and Mal, and wanted to share asap! :)

Tina October 6, 2012 at 9:20 am