• CNC Meal Plan: September 30th

September 30, 2012

Hi, friends! Happy Sunday! Just popping in to share my meal plan and grocery shopping list for the week. Mal and I signed up for our box’s Paleo Challenge, so we decided to kick it off with a bunch of delicious meals!

This week’s dinner plan:

• Almond butter
    • Apples
    • Apple cider
    • Bottom round roast
    • Tomato
    • Ketchup

I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend! What’d you do?

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes September 30, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Sunshine sauce is out of this world. I have it in pad thai with spaghetti squash.

Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 30, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Is it weird that I love it when grocery lists / the grocery carts of others at the store are filled with whole, real foods?? (Or at least mostly so, with a few treats here and there … haha. We all have our little indulgences.) It just makes me so happy to know that they’re treating their bodies well. :)
    Ps. I love that broccoli is on there twice. Mainly because (1) I love broccoli and (2) I’m apt to make repetitions on my grocery lists too. Broccoli is important — tonnes of calcium. Can’t forget it!

Melissa September 30, 2012 at 8:06 pm

We went to a wedding last night in which the bride and groom jumped in the pool! Crazy!

Tina September 30, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Fun! :)

kellyo September 30, 2012 at 8:28 pm

I am confused. I thought you weren’t actually going Paleo.

Tina September 30, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I’m doing a Paleo challenge at my box for the next 61 days! :)

Michele September 30, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I went to a big family party and had a blast! I also bought some white truffle oil – I’ve seen you mention truffle oil on your blog. I was surprised at the strong taste. I know you put it on salads. Do you also cook with it?

Tina September 30, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Sometimes. I more often use it cold on salads.

Michele September 30, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Also – how do people get their pictures to show up when they comment? Thanks!

Lauren September 30, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Seattle this weekend? Sounds like a blast! Have a great week Tina!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers September 30, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Sounds like a great week!! You made me remember that I must make butternut squash mash! Yummy!!

Eliza September 30, 2012 at 8:49 pm

I went wedding dress shopping and found the dress !! It gave me chills

Tina September 30, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Yay!!!!!! That is the best feeling! What does it look like?

Sandi September 30, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Whatcha gonna be doin in Seattle? Let me know if ya need any pug snuggles! Callie is the sweetest pug! How was Murphys photo shoot?

Tina September 30, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Mal’s sister’s wedding! :)

Heather September 30, 2012 at 9:05 pm

What is the Paleo Challenge?

Tina September 30, 2012 at 9:23 pm

It has multiple parts. I’ll blog about it tomorrow! :)

Heather October 1, 2012 at 9:10 am

@Tina: Thank you!

Danielle @ A Sense of Balance September 30, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I’m doing my own 2 week paleo challenge starting tomorrow too! I also spent my day meal planning, shopping, and food prepping. I whipped up a butternut squash and bison chili to kick it off! Delish.

Farah September 30, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I know you’ve said you’re not following a Paleo diet but it might confuse come of your readers – or send them mixed messages if you’re doing the Paleo Challenge now. I guess it doesn’t really matter since you have every right to eat whatever you want :) … but just saying that it does seem somewhat confusing.
    Anyway – have fun with it!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin October 1, 2012 at 8:14 am

Those meals all sound so good – especially that hash. Anything with sweet potato and sausage is bound to be delicious!

This weekend I celebrated Homecoming! We lost though. 😛

Heather October 1, 2012 at 8:29 am

My husband and I had the sweet potato/spinach/sausage skillet for dinner just the other day and we both loved it! I hope you enjoy if you haven’t already tried it.

Katie @ KatieEnPursuit October 1, 2012 at 9:58 am

Yum, looking forward to some yummy paleo recipes this week! This weekend I got to do yoga outside, such a neat experience. And then tons of “stuff” around the ol’ homestead. Happy Monday!