• Reebok NYC

August 16, 2012

I’m on my way to New York City once again (and surprise, surprise it just started to rain. Was rain even in the forecast for today?! Wtf.) This time I’m visiting for a sweeeeeet Reebok event!

023 (640x480)

(Even though I’m only away from home for 1.5 days, it was still a little sad to say goodbye to Murph ‘N’ Mal this morning. I’ll miss their adorable faces.)

Today, Reebok is opening their first U.S. Reebok Fit Hub Concept Store in NYC, so, to celebrate, they’re hosting a special WOD… with… are you ready for this? The Fittest Man and Woman on Earth! Yep, that’s right, later today, I will be working out along side Annie Thorisdottir and Rich Froning! No big deal. Actually, I might die of excitement.

A HUGE thank you to Reebok and Fitfluential for the invite. I am psyched! If you’re on Twitter, check out the hashtag #ReebokNYC for updates.

Ok, back to the food (since I brought a ton of it for a 5-hour bus ride). With all of my new dietary changes, I figured I should pack breakfast, lunch, and a couple of snacks to bring with me since it might be difficult to find good eats on the road. Check out this sack of goodies!

014 (640x480)

Here’s what I packed:

Two Paleo Zucchini Almond Butter Muffins with sunflower butter and a banana.

015 (640x480)

I ate the muffins like this:

025 (640x480)

Why didn’t I think of this sooner? It’s so much easier than trying to spread nut butter on a muffin!

027 (640x480)

Leftover sautéed kale and sliced zucchini with salt, pepper, and garlic powder from last night’s dinner and sliced deli turkey.

016 (640x480)

Almond clusters and a plum. (We’ll see about those almond clusters. My colon wasn’t a fan of the almonds I ate the other day.)

019 (640x480)

All together:

022 (640x480)

Last night’s dinner was random, but still satisfying and delicious. The food situation in our kitchen was pretty pathetic, so I made do with what we had on hand. On the menu: canned tuna mixed with avocado and truffle salt and sautéed kale and sliced zucchini with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

006 (640x480)

After dinner, while packing for my trips to NYC and Oregon, I snacked on a bunch of cherries.

011 (640x480)

Have you ever visited New York City? What’s your favorite thing about it?

P.S. Be sure to enter my giveaway to win two tickets to a Boston Harbor Cruise!

Michelle (Peachy Palate) August 16, 2012 at 2:58 pm

It’s been 7 years since I was in New York, would LOVE to go back!!! I just loved everything about it! It felt like home :) That muffin idea is incredible!!! So doing that on my travels!

Zoe at A Single Magic August 16, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Also have you seen this Pug Alphabet? So cute! http://9gag.com/gag/4031523

Samantha N. August 16, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I need to try those muffins, look tasty! Hope you are feeling better. I have Celiac disease so I have to follow a similar diet.

Justeen @ Blissful Baking August 16, 2012 at 3:23 pm

The way you ate your muffins is brilliant!

Natalie @ FreshLifeFindings August 16, 2012 at 4:33 pm

That’s so awesome I can’t believe you will get to workout with them! Your travel pack looks great, I love packing foods for trips because food on the go isn’t as fresh!

MommyPage August 16, 2012 at 5:52 pm

That all looks so healthy!! Adding onion powder to kale sounds delicious- it probably adds a very flavorful taste!

mary @ minutespermile August 16, 2012 at 6:00 pm

i view most things as vessels to transport peanut butter…now i see you’ve taken it to a new level by using peanut butter as a base for other foods! :)

Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings August 16, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Oh, NYC… I visit fairly often, and I always get excited for the hustle and bustle for the first few days, but after that, I get overwhelmed and a little claustrophobic! But I do love Central Park and the awesome art museums!

sara marsh August 16, 2012 at 6:19 pm

La Maison du macaron on 23rd…Fresh, gorgeous macarons…I’m drooling.

BroccoliHut August 16, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I love how Murphy sees you off on all your trips!

Tina August 16, 2012 at 7:07 pm

He’s my little buddy! :)

Liz August 16, 2012 at 7:12 pm

I’ve been to NYC three times. The best time was when I was a kid (7) because it was just awe inspiring then – I loved going to the top of the Statue of Liberty :)

Allegro August 16, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I am actually FROM New York City, but have been living elsewhere for the past 14 years. When I go “home”, I always stop by Lincoln Center…either to go to a performance, or just hang by the fountain.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers August 16, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Have fun at the convention! All you meals look delish!!!

Steph August 16, 2012 at 9:12 pm

I’ve been lucky enough to visit NYC several times – I live in New Zealand, so it’s quite a hefty trek. My favourite thing is what a great city it is for walking. You can set off and explore and see a million different things in a day.

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance August 16, 2012 at 9:38 pm

I have family in NYC so that is definitely the highlight of my trips there. The vibe of the city is incredible and there are countless things to do. Enjoy your stay!! :)

luv what you do August 16, 2012 at 9:40 pm

I love NYC! One of the coolest things was seeing the GW bridge on an (of course) rainy day : )

Enjoy your weekend! That sounds like an awesome opportunity!!!

Kat @ Balancing Kat August 16, 2012 at 9:56 pm

I love that you’re basically going paleo. I just started, too. And, I love your blog so it’s so nice to see paleo meal ideas and read about what you’re up too at the same time. Have fun in NYC! I’ve been, but when I was very young so I don’t remember much but being on a ferry. :)

siobhan August 16, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Try the chobani store in soho for me!

Teresa @ fitnwoodbine.blogspot.com August 16, 2012 at 10:47 pm

November 2010 we went to NYC and were filmed for Say Yes to the Dress!! It was never aired because our four daughters had no drama or jealousies between them! They said we all liked each other too much!!!!

Robyn August 16, 2012 at 11:23 pm

My friend told me about your blog but I hadn’t read it until today. And go figure…We were both at Reebok 5th Ave today!! It was Soooo awesome to meet Annie, Chris, and Rich!!! BTW-I like your blog and will continue to follow you!!!

Melissa August 16, 2012 at 11:42 pm

I’ve only been to NYC once when I was 11. We were visiting my aunt and uncle who live near the city and went to the city for exactly 1 day. I can’t wait to go back one day though – makes me jealous!

Avery @ Texas Teen Keeps Lean August 17, 2012 at 8:41 am

Broadway and the shopping, no doubt.

Chelsea August 17, 2012 at 11:32 am

My favorite thing about NY is times square (of course). Just because there’s NOTHING like it I’ve ever seen in the world.

Julia H. @ Going Gulia August 18, 2012 at 9:16 am

Muffin smooshed in nut butter. Brilliant. And somehow it never occurred to me to put some nut butter in a tupperware as transportation. I sometimes find myself wanting to bring nut butter with me while traveling, but I’m always of the mindset that I don’t want to bring the entire jar of it with me. HELLO, Julia, put some in tupperware. Duh. Thanks for the idea, haha.

Megan August 24, 2012 at 2:16 am

That muffin-peanut butter eating technique is genius! GENIUS! It’s number 1 on my to do tomorrow morning! :)

Cassandra August 27, 2012 at 11:56 am

You’re super inspiring with how you are sticking to your new dietary changes! And those muffins look delicious!! Thanks for posting everything.