• Golf Outing

August 25, 2012

Yesterday morning was all about golf!

Mal, his dad, and his dad’s two cousins played 18 holes at Glaze Meadow at Black Butte Ranch while my mother-in-law, another one of my father-in-law’s cousins, and I walked the course with them.

032 (480x640)

Breakfast

Before I left the house, I made a two-ingredient pancake with blueberries and a few scoops of almond butter on top for breakfast.

001 (640x480)

I also took an iced decaf vanilla chai “latte” to go in the car.

002 (640x480)

Mal wanted to visit the driving range before his tee time, so we shared a bucket of balls.

013 (480x640)

015 (480x640)

I’m terrible at golf!

016 (480x640)

My best shot *might* have gone 75 yards, but at least it was straight!

017 (480x640)

The guys did a little putting on the green and then we all got started.

021 (640x480)

031 (640x480)

Mal said I could be his caddy for the day, which meant I “advised” him on which clubs to use. It was actually pretty hilarious because I had no clue what I was talking about, but then I sort of got the hang of it.

023 (640x480)

026 (640x480)

025 (640x480)

029 (640x480)

Two members of (peanut) gallery:

033 (480x640)

030 (640x480)

Glaze Meadow was such a gorgeous course!

027 (640x480)

028 (640x480)

036 (480x640)

037 (480x640)

Lunch

By the time we finished 18 holes, I was absolutely starving. Thankfully, there were lots of leftovers in the refrigerator from the previous night’s dinner, so all I had to do was throw them in a bowl. In the mix: a chopped up pork chop, roasted Brussels sprouts and zucchini, avocado, salt, and pepper.

038 (640x480)

I still wanted something else to eat, so I microwaved about 3/4 cup of fresh blueberries with a big scoop of almond butter for 90 seconds and then mixed it all together. Holy yum!!! It reminded me of blueberry pie filling. I’m definitely remembering this one!

039 (640x480)

Snack

A little while later, I snacked on some cucumber slices with salt and pepper. I shared them with Mal while we watched TV before dinner.

041 (640x480)

Questions of the Day

Do you play golf? If not, is it a sport you’d like to pick up?

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being really good), how good are you at mini golf?

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats August 25, 2012 at 10:48 am

Lol I’m not great at mini golf but I’ve been playing real golf my whole life and was on my highschool’s golf team!

Annie August 25, 2012 at 11:07 am

on a totally non golf related subject, you have awesome legs! Is that from all the running/cross fit you do or do you have a secret? :D

Shana August 25, 2012 at 11:07 am

I “play” golf…if you could call it that. I miss the ball 70% of the time but there is nothing like the sound of the club making contact with the ball! So satisfying!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries August 25, 2012 at 11:09 am

It looks like you guys had a beautiful day for your golf outing!! I’m terrrrrrible at golf! Not only that, but it just kind of bores me.

Mallory August 25, 2012 at 11:16 am

Golf is never a spot I’ve wanted to try. I feel like its very serious and I can’t be quiet/serious for so long. Mini Golf on the other hand, I’m a pro at (by fluke only) and no one will ccome with me anymore because I always win

Tina August 25, 2012 at 11:25 am

It was kind of serious! I noticed that too. I cheered when I hit my first good ball at the driving range and everyone stared at me. Mal was so embarrassed. He can’t bring me anywhere. Haha!

Michelle (Peachy Palate) August 25, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Brilliant! I’d be the same; where’s the fun if you can’t cheer!

Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness August 25, 2012 at 11:18 am

I am not good at mini golf whatsoever! I’m so impressed with how well you are sticking with your dietary changes even while on vacation! So awesome Tina!

Tina August 25, 2012 at 11:23 am

It hasn’t been easy as you’ll see in my next post! ;)

mel August 25, 2012 at 11:22 am

You are eating so healthy! Everything looks wonderful Tina. Keep it up :)

Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes August 25, 2012 at 11:39 am

I’m an OK mini-golfer, but I’ve never been “real” golfing before. Since it’s a lifetime sport, I definitely want to learn!

PS – The blueberry-almond butter combo sounds delicious–need to try it ASAP. :)

Greg August 25, 2012 at 11:50 am

Mal has a really nice golf swing.

Devonshire August 25, 2012 at 11:53 am

I’ve never been interested in golf (well mini golf!). I just doesn’t interest me, not enough action! lol Hockey on the other hand…! That is a great sport!

Glad you’re having a good time on your vacation!

Megan @ Megan's Munchies August 25, 2012 at 11:54 am

I don’t play, but I love to ride along because the scenery is always so beautiful. The golf course in Hawaii were my favorite…the strangest things showed up along the way! Yes, there were cats and turkeys!

Jess August 25, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I’m awful at golf/mini golf! I have no hand/eye coordination. Oh and I will DEFINITELY be trying that almond butter/blueberry snack. Two of my favorite foods= yes please!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance August 25, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I do not play golf, and really don’t have any interest in it. I know I probably should (life skill, my mom says), but it seems soooo boring. Worse though–watching it on TV! Brutal.

Mini-golf is different–I don’t mind that. It’s all in good fun, and doesn’t take nearly as much talent. :)

Beks August 25, 2012 at 12:43 pm

I’ve never played rounds of golf, but when I was in Colorado Springs visiting family, my cousin’s wife took me out with her friends to a driving range. I whacked my foot several times, but by the end of the night, I was actually getting it past the second hill.

Rachel August 25, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I used to golf in high school!! haha not well though

Brie @ Coxswain Dilemma August 25, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Your lunch is one of my favorite things to pack in a lunchbox! Chopped meat with avocado is to die for… creamy, salty, A+. Looks like beautiful weather!

Julianna @ Julianna Bananna August 25, 2012 at 12:52 pm

the blueberries microwaved with almond butter sounds so yummy!

Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale August 25, 2012 at 12:52 pm

It looks like the weather was SOOOO nice!! And the greens there look just so … well … green! haha. :)
    I’m a TERRIBLE mini-putter (I’m totally the one who holds up the line trying 8 times to sink her putt from 4 inches away) but I still really enjoy glow-in-the-dark mini putt for some reason. (The blacklights seem to calm me and I get less frustrated at my ineptitude …) So fun!!

Michelle (Peachy Palate) August 25, 2012 at 12:55 pm

I worked in a golf club for 5 years part time and never played once!!! I’m far too competitive to play something I really (REALLY) such at!

Alyssa @ Science and Seitan August 25, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I’m so horrible at gold! 50 yards sounds impressive to me lol. And it looks like it was such a gorgeous day!

That chai “latte” looks really good… has it hard for you to give up your iced coffees? I’m impressed by your commitment to achieving health through lifestyle changes rather than medication. You look fantastic! Keep it up :)

Alyssa @ Science and Seitan August 25, 2012 at 1:19 pm

@Alyssa @ Science and Seitan:
    haha that should be “golf”

Valerie August 25, 2012 at 1:18 pm
    Tina August 25, 2012 at 3:16 pm

LOL!!!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 25, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I remember we had to take golf in high school as part of PE and I was AWFUL! One of my friends got really into it, but seeing as I’m even unsuccessful at mini golf, I was a lost cause. ;)

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama August 25, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Absolutely horrible at gold and mini golf. I don’t even register on a scale of 1-10. The sad thing is that I really, really want to be good at golf but just haven’t had the time to focus on it. Maybe when I retire…

Jess H August 25, 2012 at 2:12 pm

My husband golfs all the time. I have golfed once my whole life :) I bought a set of golf clubs in a pink bag for $10 at a garage sale, and I have not used them yet!

Allison W August 25, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I took golf lessons this summer and I had a great time! It’s not an easy sport at all and the only way to get good at it is to play. I’m not good at it at all but I do love being outside on the course!

corrie anne August 25, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Mini golf — uhhh… that’d definitely be a 1!!! Just not my sport!! I don’t see myself ever being a golfer, but I could caddy. I’d need a good outfit though. Aren’t golf courses just for running cross country? lol. :)

Grace @ Eat Sweat Sing August 25, 2012 at 4:30 pm

You’re a genius!! I just had your microwaved blueberry/almond butter mixture, and it was so good!! Thanks for the idea!

Erin @ erinberries August 25, 2012 at 5:26 pm

My boyfriend and I recently went to a driving range. I totally threw my back out golfing. It just wasn’t meant to be for me! Haha!

Adriana August 25, 2012 at 6:43 pm

I’m sooo trying the berries with almond butter (by the way im already addicted to almond butter too u.u)

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance August 25, 2012 at 11:22 pm

I have a love hate relationship with golf. I love to drive the cart, I hate to golf. It’s actually the putting part that gets under my skin and makes me want to snap a club over my knee. The rest I really enjoy :)

Brooke @ Pretty In Protein August 25, 2012 at 11:48 pm

blueberries and nut butter? YUM!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin August 26, 2012 at 8:02 am

Haha I stink at golf too! And by golf, I mean mini putt because that’s the only version I’ve played before. :P

KiKi August 27, 2012 at 9:53 am

That blueberry concoction looks amazing!

Amelia August 27, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I just started taking golf lessons earlier this summer and I’m having a blast even if I can’t hit it far and sometimes not straight. It’s a great excuse to spend some time outside in a gorgeous setting though!

Kelly@BalancedDaily August 28, 2012 at 9:19 am

I’ve played golf a couple of times and I always have a lot of fun! It is relaxing, and when you connect with a drive and it goes really far, its an awesome feeling. Walking the course and just viewing the scenery looks enjoyable too though. Mini golf I’d have to say I’m about a 6, its hard! I wish I like blueberries enough to eat them on their own, but for some reason the texture weirds be out and I only like them cooked in things; like that pancake, now that looks like a yummy 2 ingredient pancake for sure.