• Arthur & Pat’s + Trader Joe’s Staples

August 31, 2012

Hi, there!

I just got back from a wonderful restaurant on the South Shore called Arthur & Pat’s, which is located right on the ocean in Marshfield. I met Chrissy, Matt, and their two boys there for brunch.

Arthur&Pat

Arthur & Pat’s is really neat inside—ok, for a first-timer, it’s a bit overwhelming with the menu plastered all over the walls (you don’t know where to look first), but it’s really charming.

ArthurandPats

I especially loved the fun signs on the walls!

2012-08-31_1520

2012-08-31_1515_001

2012-08-31_1516

The menu at Arthur & Pat’s was epic—pretty much anything you wanted for breakfast or lunch, you could get. There were sooooo many options! Eventually, I decided on an omelet with chicken sausage, spinach, tomatoes, and Parmesan and home fries on the side. It was an awesome (and massive) meal!

After brunch, we walked along the ocean for a little bit.

It was a beautiful day to be at the beach.

Oooh, Summer, I can’t believe you’re almost over.

2012-08-31_1516_001

Once I said goodbye to Chrissy and Matt and their boys, I stopped at Trader Joe’s on the way home to pick up some almond meal and some other staples. I’m away for the weekend, so I also bought Mal some turkey meatballs and pork gyoza for some quick meals.

The almond meal at Trader Joe’s is so cheap—just $3.99 per bag compared to $10.99 for a bag of almond flour/meal at Whole Foods—and it’s great for baking! I definitely stocked up.

2012-08-31_1522

I also stocked up on almond butter, sunflower butter, and nuts, which are all quite a bit cheaper than Whole Foods, Stop & Shop, and Fresh Market. I really need to start shopping at TJ’s more often!

What are your favorite Trader Joe’s products? Paleo/SCD/GAPS peeps, what do you buy at TJs?

I’m off to CROSSFIT! YESSSSSSSS!!!!

Happy Labor Day weekend, friends!

Mer August 31, 2012 at 11:12 pm

You were right in my hometown neighborhood! So cool! My parents used to take us to Arthur and Pat’s all the time as kids. Glad you got to visit Brant Rock!

Khushboo Thadani September 1, 2012 at 1:50 am

I love the idea of plastering the menu on the walls- so creative…although I would have trouble focusing my attention during the meal haha!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 1, 2012 at 8:03 am

I’m so jealous of the prices at TJs! I cannot find almond flour for cheaper than $11 here in Canada anywhere! I’m crossing my fingers TJs will cross the border eventually. We’re finally getting Targets here next spring, so maybe TJs will be next? :D

lynn @ the actor's diet September 1, 2012 at 10:18 am

i don’t leave TJ’s without a package of ginger chews, ever.

Ellen September 1, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Tina, what types of things do you make with the Trader Joes almond meal?

Shannon @ HerDogBlog September 1, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Love that coffee sign! Too funny!

Abby @ BackAtSquareZero September 1, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I really go for the cheap fruits and veggies.
    However, I love their jalapeno chicken sausages at only 100 calories each. Use them for everything – pizzas, pastas, wraps, etc.

Marjorie L Miller September 1, 2012 at 10:58 pm

My list:
    raw almonds, cashews, and pecans
    Kefir (for my smoothies)
    Frozen and fresh bonelss/skinless chicken breasts
    Agave
    Protein shake

There is more but my list would get too long.

Lexi @ You, Me, & A World to See September 2, 2012 at 5:48 pm

I LOVE trader joe’s graham crackers! They’re whole wheat, but they taste AMAZING!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance September 3, 2012 at 8:53 pm

My favorite products are the new coconut cream they came out with!!! Seriously, I have my own stockpile now. No more waiting for cans of coconut milk to cool off and thicken in the fridge.

I also love their giant haas avocados for such a great price. For smoothies, I ALWAYS use TJ’s frozen pineapple and mango pieces. They have the most ripe frozen fruit.

They have such a decent selection of freezer items so it is great when you don’t have time to cook.

Ashleigh September 3, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Love TJs – sadly there isn’t one less than 45 mins away from me :( Tho I do make an occasional trip and go wild.

QUESTION for ya: Can Almond meal be used the same as Almond flour?

Tina September 3, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I use them interchangeably! :)

Ashleigh September 4, 2012 at 8:54 pm

@Tina: Thank you!!

Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles September 5, 2012 at 2:54 am

Sunflower seed butter, for sure! Addictinggg!

Gina B September 13, 2012 at 7:22 pm

I used to work there! Still have the tie dye work shirts! Waitressing was crazy, and Sundays a line wrapped around the building. So funny you went there :-)