• 2012 Healthy Living Summit Cocktail Party

August 18, 2012

When I last left you, I was on my way back to Boston via Bolt Bus. Theodora, Ashley, and I arrived at South Station just before 3:00 PM and then hopped in a cab to the Hyatt Regency Cambridge for the 2012 Healthy Living Summit.

Lunch

After an extra long bus ride (we spent 40 minutes at an Arby’s waiting for people to use the bathroom and buy food), we were all starving, so our first order of business when we arrived at the hotel was finding lunch. The hotel had a convenience store/café in the lobby, so we purchased food there. I bought a salad with chicken, sundried tomatoes and guacamole-lemon dressing and a bottle of coconut water. I housed it.

With food finally in our bellies, Theodora and I headed out for a walk along the Charles River.

Hey, M.I.T.

Random side note: I LOVE this hlb #SummitBucket list! Such a fun idea!

After our walk, Theodora and I returned to the hotel and then prettied ourselves for dinner with some lovely ladies: Anne, Gretchen, and Ashley.

The HLS cocktail party started in about an hour, so we grabbed dinner at the hotel restaurant: Zephyr on the Charles.

We scored a table outside on the patio, so we took advantage of the photo opps.

IMG_0291 (563x750)IMG_0289 (563x750)IMG_0293 (563x750)

For dinner, I ordered the Lobster Cobb Salad.

It came with lobster, hardboiled eggs, avocado, goat cheese, bacon, and a lemony-mint vinaigrette on the side.

I never know what to expect when it comes to food at hotel restaurants, but this salad was excellent. There was a huge portion of lobster, super fresh greens, and the avocado was perfectly ripe.

With all of my colitis issues (ugh, still not 100%), I stuck to the lobster, eggs, and avocado.

After dinner, it was time for the HLS cocktail party!

The cocktail party was such a fun time, and I caught up a bunch of my blog buddies. Here I am with Caitlin.

And Bridget, Elizabeth, and Ashley.

And Ali! Oh, how I missed her! Random fun fact: Ali won a giveaway on CNC for a ticket to the very first HLS. We’ve been friends ever since.

The rest of my evening included fun times in the photo booth and plenty of shenanigans with a number of the ladies from Reach the Beach. Miss you Monica, Jess, Patricia, Sarah, and Melissa!

Good times! Love these ladies!

I’m sad to miss the conference part of HLS today, especially the WOD with Reebok, but I’m really looking forward to the Whole9 Seminar. I’m ready to learn how food can make you healthy! Off to get ready!

Nicole August 18, 2012 at 8:05 am

Looks like fun! I want to go next year!
    I’ve stayed at that hotel – great location for running. The doorman is also quite a Chatty Cathy so I’m sure he’s reveling in the bloggers!

Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds August 18, 2012 at 8:25 am

Wow… the HLS conference looks like so much fun! And the salad looks superb… I have been craving nothing but salad for the past couple of weeks… and now I’ve got to try the lobster cobb salad :)

Avery @ Texas Teen Keeps Lean August 18, 2012 at 8:30 am

Looks so fun! Avocado immediately makes any salad a thousand times more delicious!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance August 18, 2012 at 9:12 am

I’m really curious to hear about the Whole9 Seminar. Just last night I had some friends over, and they were telling me about Whole30 and Whole9, and I couldn’t place where I had been reading about it earlier in the day . . . it was on your blog! They are interested in learning more, too–so I’ll have to direct them to your site later today. :)

Julia H. @ Going Gulia August 18, 2012 at 9:24 am

Dang I wish I lived close to the HLS. It looks like such a good time!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 18, 2012 at 9:24 am

Looks like so much fun! And that salad looks delicious!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 18, 2012 at 9:55 am

I’m super bummed I couldn’t be there this year, especially in my FAVORITE city! But I look forward to reading everyone’s recaps and hopefully learning something new. :)

luv what you do August 18, 2012 at 10:40 am

Your weekend already looks like it is off to an amazing start. Is it ok to be jealous : ) What a fun way to start a friendship with Ali. That is super cool!

Beth @ Running with the Sunrise August 18, 2012 at 11:26 am

It looks like everyone is having such a great time at the summit–I’m so jealous that you all got to go. I hope you continue to have a great time! :)

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 18, 2012 at 11:38 am

That salad looks amazing!

Love the glasses with the mustache…pretty sure I haven’t seen one of those since I was about 12. :-)

Jess August 18, 2012 at 11:44 am

aw that looks like so much fun! Your dress is fab by the way. Where’d you get it?

Tina August 18, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Thanks! It’s from Marshalls.

Clare @ Fitting It All In August 18, 2012 at 11:52 am

So great to see you last night! Can’t wait to hear about Whole9!

Tina August 18, 2012 at 4:03 pm

You too! Hope you’re having fun at HLS!

caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy August 18, 2012 at 1:23 pm

aw how fun!!! love the fun sunglasses! and wow what delicious looking meals!

Marissa@ohhhsolovely August 18, 2012 at 4:08 pm

that lobster cobb salad looks divine!!

Emily @ Life on Food August 18, 2012 at 4:48 pm

That lobster salad looks amazing!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail August 18, 2012 at 4:52 pm

OH thanks for the love! You ladies look stunning and Cambridge seems like THE place to be! Following your adventures all weekend!

Danielle @ Dish'n'Dash August 18, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Would have loved to have met you last night! the cocktail party was great. The WOD today was tons of fun – my first Crossfit experience! All of HLS has been great. So many wonderful people here and I’ve been really inspired by the optimism and enthusiasm for life people have.

Tina August 18, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Aww, would have loved to meet you!!

Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness August 18, 2012 at 7:06 pm

So interested to hear what you learn at the whole 9 seminar today! I was so torn between attending that and HLS! Sorry I missed you last night at the cocktail party!

Tina August 18, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Awww, I’m bummed I didn’t get to meet you!

Annette@FitnessPerks August 18, 2012 at 7:34 pm

FUN! I love the photo booth idea :)

Sabrina @ Nutritiously Sweet August 18, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Ahh, I wish I could have gone to the conference. It looks amazing! I was so busy with school, I forgot about life lol. But next year, I must!!! Have fun tomorrow :)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers August 18, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Looks like so much fun!!!

Ellie August 18, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Wowwww! Even though I’m having a great time in San Diego, you guys look like you’re having a blast~hopefully one of these days I can go :) and it’s so great to hear that you’re doing better!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance August 19, 2012 at 4:45 am

Looks like you had an amazing time!

Question, with your colitis issues, have you ever considered eliminating meats and meat products? Possibly even just for a cleanse?

Abby A August 19, 2012 at 11:59 am

You are looking super built lately, Tina! Awesome strong body!

Caitlin August 19, 2012 at 9:21 pm

so great to see you at the conference. our pic turned out so well! bummed you missed the WOD too but it’s ok, we can get together sometime and you can give me a WOD so i can get jacked like you :D seriously girl, you look amazing!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin August 20, 2012 at 7:51 am

The cocktail party was a blast! I’m sorry I didn’t get to meet you though – I didn’t even see you there!

Meg and I ate at Zephyr’s on Wednesday night and I got the Cobb salad (but the traditional one, not the lobster one) and loved it too. :D

Tina August 20, 2012 at 9:18 am

Awww, I’m bummed I didn’t meet you!!

Kelly@BalancedDaily August 20, 2012 at 11:16 am

Lobster salad for dinner, outside on the Charles river, on a summer night with awesome friends? I don’t know what could be better than that. Looks like the first part of the HLS was a blast, stinks you couldn’t stick around but I’m sure your blogging friends will fill you in on the info and blogging tips they shared.

Sarah August 20, 2012 at 2:19 pm

OMG these pictures are hilarious! Sad I missed the summit in my backyard! :( Miss you guys too!!!

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction August 20, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Hi Tina, I’m sad that we didn’t get to meet up at the HLS cocktail party! Wasn’t the photo booth so fun? I went in about 3 times hahah!