• 28-Minute Full Body Workout

July 23, 2012

Warning: spoiler alert! If you haven’t watched the season finale of The Bachelorette yet, please stop reading or skip ahead to my dinner.

Good morning! Happy Monday!

Did anyone else catch the season finale of The Bachelorette last night?

0723_emily-jef_ob
    [image source]

I’m so happy that Emily picked Jef (I think he’s adorable and he reminds me a lot of Mal), but I totally didn’t see it coming. For some reason, I thought she might not pick either of the guys she had left. I just couldn’t see her with either of them. But, Emily and Jef looked really happy on the after show, so I hope they work out!

Were you surprised by who Emily picked?

Dinner

Mal and I ended up with half of one of the giant burgers from our “tiny HUGE” party, so I cut it up into mini cheeseburger sliders for dinner last night.

On the side: Curried Brussels Sprouts. (Warning: they’re spicy!)

And a couple of pickles.

I ate dinner around 5:00 PM and then stayed up to watch The Bachelorette, so my stomach started to grumble in the late evening. I sliced up a banana and ate it with a big scoop of Teddie Peanut Butter. I didn’t think to snap a photo until after I finished eating it. Oops.

2012-07-23_0959

Workout

I missed Saturday’s CrossFit class because of our party, but I ended up doing the workout yesterday at Open Gym. It was a lot of fun, so I turned it into an at-home or gym workout for you guys. You just need a jump rope and a kettlebell to do it. Enjoy! For more workouts, check out my workout board on Pinterest!

2012-07-23_1036

Weekly Workouts

• Sunday: Open gym
    • Monday: Off
    • Tuesday: CrossFit
    • Wednesday: CrossFit
    • Thursday: Run
    • Friday: CrossFit
    • Saturday: Off

How long is your typical workout? What determines a “good” workout for you?

P.S. My friend Jess captured two great video interviews with Julie Foucher and the top three “Fittest Men.” I love Matt Chan’s reaction to the question: “What do you plan to do tomorrow (now that the Games are over)?” Check it out: CrossFit Games Interviews!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries July 23, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I’m glad she chose Jef too! I was actually a big cheater and looked at Reality Steve for spoilers, so I knew she was going to choose him a few weeks ago. I really like Jef because he also reminds me of my husband! I swear you and I are so alike… Our personalities seem so similar, our health history, our fashion taste, and the fact that we married pretty similar guys! I just think it’s funny.

I love the looks of that workout! Can’t wait to try it out!

Hilary July 23, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Wow…burgers for dinner 2 nights in a row: sounds good to me! A typical workout for me right now is about 80-90 minutes, but that’s because I’m a teacher and off for the summer. During the school year, I workout before work, so it’s more like 50 minutes to an hour.

Jen Correa @ Mom's Gotta Run July 23, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Brussell sprouts with sliders… different… I like it!

Kandi July 23, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I was sooooo happy Emily picked Jef!! I just love him!

Danica @ It's Progression July 23, 2012 at 5:39 pm

can’t wait to try this workout tomorrow!

Bobbie July 23, 2012 at 6:27 pm

I liked both Aurie (spelling?) and Jef and honestly would have been happy with either of them as a choice but by the end of last night’s show I realized that she did seem to have a better fit with Jef. :)
    I

sarah July 23, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Nooooo I loved Ari- I feel like Jef is too youngish (or something, I can’t put my finger on it) to be Rickie’s stepdad. but I’m glad that Emily’s happy! :)

Those brussels look delish :)

Lauren July 23, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Hi Tina,
    I was rather surprised by Emily’s decision.

As for my workouts I do yoga, running and Crossfit. My friend started it last summer and it sounded like so much fun.

Julia H. @ Going Gulia July 23, 2012 at 9:05 pm

My typical workouts are about an hour: usually 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes strength training. Just enough for me!

Natalie @ FreshLifeFindings July 23, 2012 at 10:04 pm

This looks like a great workout! I usually spend 20 minutes doing cardio and 30 minutes on strength training.

shayne July 23, 2012 at 11:58 pm

I just did the workout about 2 hours ago and I AM FEELING THE BURN!
    I would love to try crossfit out for “real” but as a college kid who spends way too much money of food, this workout was a great alternative. i LOVED it.

Julie July 24, 2012 at 12:27 am

I love that she picked Jef! I wasn’t a fan of his though until much later… he totally grew on me!

elise July 24, 2012 at 9:57 am

Tina– I tried this workout this morning and it was awesome. Had me sweating bullets. :) Thank you for sharing.

Tina July 24, 2012 at 10:10 am

Yay!!! :)

Michelle July 24, 2012 at 11:49 am

Just did this workout and LOVED it!! You should post some more workouts like this more often:)

Tina July 24, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Yay! So glad you like it! :) If you click on the link to my Pinterest board, there are more workouts like it!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail July 24, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I loved Matt’s reaction too! We were expecting them to say that they would go crazy and eat and ice cream all day! ha!

Tianna August 2, 2012 at 7:31 pm

just finished this workout and loved it! what a great way to get my heart pumping in the comfort of my own home!