Check out what Mal did to our fireplace yesterday afternoon!
Really nice, right? I like it so much better than before (pictured below). It’s amazing what a coat of paint can do!
A couple of hours before dinner, I wanted a snack, so I ate some Pretzel Crisps and then shared a carton of pineapple-flavored coconut water with Mal.
Dinner was a good one!
(Did you know my dog was spoiled? Murphy had a bite of freshly grilled chicken before even Mal or I did!)
My friend Lindsay at Whole Foods hooked me up with some cherries, so I made one of their chicken dishes with them: Brown Rice Salad with Cherries & Chicken. But, instead of brown rice, I used Israeli couscous, which turned out amazingly!
I had no idea how delicious cherries would be in a dish like this. I can’t wait to eat the leftovers!
Check out the pouty lip on this dog! LOL!
For dessert, I whipped up a batch of banana soft serve with dark chocolate and sliced almonds mixed in. Holy yum! Why don’t I eat this every day?!?
Now that it’s officially the second half of 2012, I thought I should review my goals for 2012 and see how I’m doing on them. Thanks for the idea, Monica!
My goals for 2012:
- Run a sub 24-minute 5K – Working on it. I need to register for a 5K.
- Redo my office – Check!
- Fix the fence in our backyard – Check!
- Do three unassisted pull-ups – Check!
- Complete the NASM Fitness Nutrition Specialist certification – I need to get moving on this one.
- Run more than 735.62 miles – Considering it’s July 3rd and I’m only at 235 miles, I don’t think this one is going to happen, which I’m totally okay with. Goals change!
- Read and comment on at least 3 blogs each day – I haven’t been commenting on 3 blogs every day, but I’ve been commenting more in general. I need to step it up!
- Prescribed Fran – I’m getting closer!
Question of the Day
How are you doing on your goals for 2012? Have any of them changed? What achievement are you most proud of this year?
P.S. I’m hosting an iced coffee giveaway on Trading Up Downtown today!