• Will Run for Iced Coffee (and Donuts)

June 8, 2012

Good morning!

Monica and I woke up bright an early for a run this morning. I was wide awake even before our alarm went off—I was actually laying in bed waiting for it to go off! When does that happen? Oh, when you’re on the West coast, but your body is still on East coast time.

Monica and I ran down to the waterfront—along the water and by the Olympic Sculpture Park. The weather was a little chilly this morning, but the gorgeous scenery and fabulous company totally made up for it. Plus, once I warmed up, I didn’t even notice the weather.

Will run for iced coffee!

We ran about 5.5 miles along the water and then cut up Pike Street in search of iced coffee.

Seattle Coffee Works came highly recommended, so we checked it out.

Monica and I each ordered an iced coffee and a couple of these babies:

Banana Bread Donuts? Yes, please! It was the perfect little sweet treat after a run. Mmm!

And the iced coffee… awesome!! The flavor was nice and bold. And even after a good 30 minutes and the ice melting, it still had a nice strong taste to it. That’s when you know you have a quality iced coffee!

Full day of BlogHer Food ahead! Woohoo!

Sana June 8, 2012 at 11:50 am

I am loving the hot pick outfit you have on!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries June 8, 2012 at 11:51 am

wow, banana bread donuts?!?! yes please!!

Laura @ She Eats Well June 8, 2012 at 11:56 am

Banana Bread Donuts!?!? Major jealousy over here. I crave sweet things after a good run and I’ve never heard of a Banana Bread donut…surprisingly.

Laura June 8, 2012 at 11:59 am

Now I am craving iced coffee. Looks so good!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 8, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Oh man, those donuts look incredible. I’m so jealous!

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio June 8, 2012 at 12:10 pm

What a cute coffee shop!

Katie M. June 8, 2012 at 12:11 pm

If you love donuts, there is this little place in Pike Place Market that sells freshly made mini donuts. The line is always super long and they only take cash but they are SO worth it. Have fun while you’re in Washington!

Sarah June 8, 2012 at 12:16 pm

banana bread DONUT?!!!! say what? I live in a small po-dunk town in West Virginia that has no big donut chains, or creative donut shops. (well, except for Krispy Kreme, but I hardly call those things donuts. THey’re more like butter that just melts in your mouth. I need more sustenance in my donuts.) Now I’m craving banana bread. Perhaps I’ll make a loaf and cut it into a circle and call it a day.

Catalina @ Cake with Love June 8, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I would love to visit Seattle!! Those donuts look outstanding! Have a nice day!

Emily @ I'd Rather Walk June 8, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Oooh, coffee in Seattle! I’ve never been but I can imagine it doesn’t get much better than that. Caffeine nirvana.

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! June 8, 2012 at 12:18 pm

What a fabulous way to start your day – a solid run, iced coffee, and donuts! The coffee and donuts both look delicious!!! I love making homemade baked donuts :)

Kim @ Living, Laughing & Losing June 8, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Looks beautiful there and the banana bread donuts sound delicious! :)

Nancy June 8, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I moved here about 2 months ago and you have inspired me to go out and find new and fun places to explore. Have fun this weeked.

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 8, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Haha I wake up before my alarm EVERY day! Probably because it starts getting light in my apartment around 4:50am and i’m a very light sleeper!

Jac @ Challenged and Running in the Bike Lane June 8, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I would love to visit Seattle one day! Thanks for the pics!

Kelly@ChowDaily June 8, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Banana bread donuts?! How have I never come across these before? Banana bread is one of my favorite sweet treats, my mom used to make it all the time when I was younger with cinnamon sugar on the top. That waterfront looks like a nice scenic place to run. Here in Tampa, theres a spot along the bay called Bayshore Boulevard where everyone goes to bike and run and its beautiful, especially early in the morning like in these pictures.

Kristina & Love and Zest June 8, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I ran for iced coffee too this morning but wish I had one of those mini banana donuts. To me it’s easier to wake up in a new city.. tons of exploring to do, and run exploring the best!

Meghan @ After the Ivy League June 8, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Banana bread donuts sound fantastic!

Going for a nice run when you’re on vacation is one of my new favorite things to do. Enjoying the change of scenery and a break from routine always seems to make the run fly by!

Rebecca @ Blueberry Smiles June 8, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Looks like a good morning! I’ve been waking up 15 minutes before my alarm lately…..and since my alarm goes off at 6am, that’s 5:45! Way too early in my book, but I think it’s because it gets light so early these days.

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama June 8, 2012 at 1:14 pm

I love the pic of the fountains and the statue! And banana breat donuts – yes please!

Lela June 8, 2012 at 1:15 pm

This post makes me so happy! I took a trip to Seattle two Octobers ago and ran this route with a friend. Such a beautiful and fun place to run!

Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets June 8, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Those banana bread donuts looks too good to be true!!!

Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 8, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I love iced coffee! And the Obama blend? Intriguing…!

Khushboo June 8, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Nothing beats the first sip of iced coffee after a workout!

Mindy June 8, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Nice running outfit! I have been looking for a fitted dry top for awhile now. What brand is yours?

Tina June 8, 2012 at 1:40 pm

New Balance! :)

Beks June 8, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I was just telling a coworker that Iced Coffee is one of the best things in the world, but melted iced coffee is one of the worst. Maybe I just need a stronger brew (I’ve been getting it at McDonald’s, so that’s probably the issue). Sounds like you’ve been having a blast!

Tina June 8, 2012 at 1:46 pm

So true! The real key is iced coffee cubes IN the iced coffee! :)

Roz@weightingfor50 June 8, 2012 at 2:09 pm

What a fun start to what will be a great weekend!!! Gotta love the coffee culture in Seattle. Obama blend? Love it!!! Look forward to more Seattle recaps.

Michelle June 8, 2012 at 2:10 pm

The thought of running around the city when on vacation never has even crossed my mind but since reading your last few posts.. I’m definitely going to start doing it! What a great way to see the city and maybe find a few spots to hit up later.
    Thanks for the great post!
    -Michelle

Sarah June 8, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Oh my goodness.. banana bread donuts?? Heaven!

Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! June 8, 2012 at 3:15 pm

banana bread donuts?! that sounds amazing!

Tina June 8, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Yesssss! The frosting was an amazing addition! :)

Abby @ BackAtSquareZero June 8, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Banana bread & a donut together = heaven.
    I must admit I am super jealous. Kicks the yogurt I had for breakfast in the bottom!

Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third June 8, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Wow… those donuts! I think I might have to recreate something like them STAT.

Michelle B June 8, 2012 at 4:36 pm

If you have time, have a cheddar roll at Piroshky Piroskhy at the Pike Place Market. It looks like a cinnamon roll but made with cheddar and green onions. SO good! I wish all y’all bloggers were doing a meet n’ greet!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 8, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I love your bright running shoes! :)

Tina June 8, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Thanks! :)

Life's a Bowl June 8, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Fabulous outfit! Hot pink is one of my fave colors :D

luv what you do June 8, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Great photos!
    I’m not a huge donut person, but I would definitely eat anything Banana Bread-like!

Sheila June 9, 2012 at 1:36 am

Welcome to Seattle Tina! I’ve been following your blog for quite some time now and really enjoy it. It’s good to have you in my city to see where you go and what you think. (; Enjoy your time here!

Lexi @ You, Me, & A World to See June 9, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Oh my, I’ve been craaaaaaving an iced coffee and haven’t had one in so long! Now if only they made banana bread iced coffee ;)

Lexi @ You, Me, & A World to See June 9, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Oh my gosh. I woke up this morning craving iced coffee, after I read this post last night. If only there were such a thing as banana bread iced coffee ;)

Lexi @ You, Me, & A World to See June 9, 2012 at 1:05 pm

@Lexi @ You, Me, & A World to See:

Oops sorry Tina, my computer went a little crazy :(

Julia H. @ Going Gulia June 9, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Hot pink shirt + hot pink running shoes = awesome look, Tina!
    Oh, and you’re more than welcome to ship some of those banana bread donuts my way ;)

Jenni June 9, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Wow, gorgeous pictures!! One of my best friends lives in Seattle and I have never been before, makes me want to go visit her even more – just wish cross-country flights were a bit more affordable! Thanks for letting me visit a bit through your blog :-)

Rebeka June 10, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Yum yum! Fun fact too, Mighty O doughtnuts are vegan so you can feel a little less guilty about eating them! Also they have a french toast doughnut which is awesome.