• To Match or Not to Match

June 6, 2012

Hello, friends!

I just got home from a nice, little afternoon, complete with a mani-pedi, some shopping, and a trip to Starbucks. (There was also a bunch of boring stuff mixed in there, but those things don’t make for a very exciting blog post.) I’m off to Seattle tomorrow for BlogHer Food, so I needed to run some errands before heading out to the West coast.

Lunch #1

I scheduled a manicure and pedicure at 11:00 AM this morning (I had a gift card from Christmas), so I ate half of my lunch before my appointment and half after my appointment. I knew I’d get hungry during it, so I made sure to eat something.

Lunch #1 was a salad with cottage cheese, fresh blueberries, chopped up Sweet Potato Wedges, sliced almonds, and Annie’s balsamic dressing drizzled on top.

My manicure and pedicure were at Allure Spa in Quincy. It was an adorable little place.

Ahhhh… pedicure. I can’t even tell you the last time I had one. The foot soak and massage felt a-mazing.

I was so indecisive with the nail polish colors today. My toenail polish took me no time to pick, but I tried a good half dozen on my fingernails before selecting one for my manicure. I also couldn’t decided if I wanted to match my fingers to my toes. Ooh, life’s tough decisions!

I eventually went with “Charisma” on my toes and “Robyn” on my fingers. I’m loving the fun, bright colors this season!

Both my manicure and pedicure turned out great!

I love the colors!

Snack

After my mani-pedi, I ran a bunch of errands, which included a pit stop at Starbucks for a Mocha Coconut Light Frappuccino. It was delicious, and I highly recommended it.

Lunch #2

When I got home from all of my errands, I was famished, so I whipped up a batch of eggs whites with mozzarella and chopped kale mixed in. I definitely needed something substantial (protein) in my stomach.

Feel Great Weight

eat-this-not-that

Last week I found myself more motivated to eat well than usual. After spending nearly 32-hours in a van traveling for a 200-mile relay race eating peanut butter-filled pretzels, cranberry white chocolate chip cookies, and gigantic New York bagels, I wanted to get myself back on track. So when I got home, I started balancing out those foods I shouldn’t have all the time with the healthier foods I should.

Food Choices: “Should” Vs. “Shouldn’t”

Do you match your fingernail polish to your toenail polish? What do you like more: regular manicures/pedicures or French manicures/pedicures?

P.S. See you in Seattle!

Paj June 7, 2012 at 9:20 am

Not related to this post, but I just noticed a Crossfit deal for the Boston area on Amazon Local that I thought might interest some of your readers: http://local.amazon.com/boston-north/B0086Z6RMG?src=email&cid=em_dd_018_101_na_s1_d1&ref_=pe_175500_24343640

Pauline June 7, 2012 at 9:50 am

I never match my toes and fingers. I tend to lean toward more simple light pinks or deep reds for my fingers, but love more fun colors for my toes. I’m really liking mint colored polish right now. Have you tried shellac before? I am not sure if you posted about it before? A bit more expensive, but lasts longer and dries immediately. No wasting time under the drier.

Tina June 7, 2012 at 10:59 am

Yes, I LOVE it! It definately lasts longer than a regular manicure for me, but I still destory it within a week or so.

B @ Crags and Veggies June 7, 2012 at 10:29 am

Lunch looks amazing! I love getting pedicures! They feel so good and my feet feel like they can relax.

Christina June 7, 2012 at 10:30 am

Your colors look great! I always have my toes painted and feels like it takes forever for me to pick a color. I’m loving brighter colors more and more for them. I always think my fingernails look weird when I try to paint them. I also have a bad habit of biting them, but I’m working on that.
    Your salad and mocha coconut frap look delicious!

Erica A June 7, 2012 at 10:41 am

I never match my fingers and toes!

Melissa June 7, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Heck no! MATCHING toes and fingernails? Booooo-ring :D
    Great post on the “shoulds” and “shouldn’t”s. I’m curious: do you ever feel after a really healthy streak you find yourself eating less healthy foods a little while later? Two weeks ago I wanted to tone up and banish bloat for an event this weekend. Nixed most major carbohydrates and eliminated sugar and alcohol. I felt great for a week, but a few days ago I reeeeeaaally started to crave sweets and “junk” food, and of course, CARBS! Even while toning up you should allow yourself treats and induldge occationally, but I was just wondering what the TinaTake on this matter is :) It may be hormonal too, of course, but I find especially after depriving myself my cravings are insane! (Now there’s a noble thought ;)) How to handle the balance and still beat bloat?

Tina June 7, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I think you hit the nail on the head with what you said about depriving yourself. If I don’t allow myself delicious foods that I want to eat, I almost always end up craving them!

Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife June 7, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I always try to match my toe nails & my finger nail polish…but I’m pretty anal when it comes to my nails!

I also only got a French manicure when I got engaged & on my wedding day because I always hate how thin my nails are when I take off the acrylic (plus I always end up hurting myself when I try to take the acrylic off!)

Jen June 7, 2012 at 3:47 pm

I work in Quincy! How did you like that spa? Were they good? I’m hunting for a place close to the office for “emergencies.” :)

I rarely match my fingers and toes because I like lighter colors on my fingers, and sometimes I like something bright and bold on my toes.

Tina June 7, 2012 at 3:58 pm

I liked it a lot! Great for a mani-pedi!

Charlie (The Runner Beans) June 8, 2012 at 5:46 am

Do you find that your nailvarnish chips a lot more when doing weights? After a body pump class yesterday and a circuit session on Weds my nailvarnish is ruined!

Tina June 8, 2012 at 8:48 am

Yes, but I ruin my manicures in a matter of days usually! :)

Kelly@ChowDaily June 8, 2012 at 12:43 pm

When I get a mani-pedi i usually don’t match them to each other. Although I don’t get my fingernails done at the salon that often (they always seem to chip within a few days!) I do like the way french looks on my toes- especially with a tan! But these colors look awesome and perfect for summer. Hopefully the weather in Seattle is sunny and warm!

Angie (Losing It and Loving It) June 9, 2012 at 8:14 am

Pretty nail colors! I go every couple of weeks for pedi and nails. I try a new color on my toes every time but I have gel nails and go french on those because I don’t have to wait around for them to dry. LOVE gel!