• Paleo Recipes for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner

June 5, 2012

My CrossFit box is doing a Paleo challenge right now and everyone who is participating is swapping recipes, so I decided to compile a bunch of my favorites to share. Here are some Paleo recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Enjoy!

Breakfast

(single serving)

Lunch

Avocado Egg Salad

Almond Flax Pizza Crust

Sweet Potato Wedges

Cobb Salad
    (minus blue cheese crumbles)

Lettuce Wraps

_MG_8043 (750x499)

Dinner

Gingery Broccoli and Beef

Dry Rub Steak with Avocado Salsa

_MG_6785-800x533-2

Roast Chicken with Roasted Onions, Peppers, and Tomatoes

IMG_0016-2 (800x600)IMG_0018-2 (800x600)

Chicken with Tomatoes, Onions, and Black Olives

One-Pan Sweet Potato Skillet

2012-05-31_0654

Chicken with Mushrooms and Green Beans

IMG_2050 (800x600)

What’s your favorite Paleo-friendly recipe?

Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife June 5, 2012 at 4:10 pm

I love avocado egg salad!! So much better than with mayo! I’m gonna have to try some of your other recipes, too! Especially the pumpkin muffins!! They look great!

Natalie @ will jog for food June 5, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I’ve never tried to keep to Paleo before. I wish I had a good recipe to share!

But these look great! The pancakes look so fluffy :)

Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love June 5, 2012 at 4:21 pm

I’ve never done the Paleo diet before but I think I drooled the whole time I was scrolling down to get to the comments. The walnuts look like a definite must-bake!

Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love June 5, 2012 at 4:21 pm

oops I meant muffins, not walnuts LOL!

Lexi @ You, Me, & A World to See June 5, 2012 at 4:47 pm

I don’t think I’ll ever go full Paleo, but I love experimenting with your different recipes :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 5, 2012 at 5:16 pm

I always end up making something paleo and then adding a grain! Like I make a shrimp and veggie stir fry and serve it over rice or quinoa. It took a long time for me to start eating carbs again after trying to nix them from my diet, so I try to keep that up and have a small serving! Although sometimes I count a sweet potato as my carb, so that’s paleo!

Minerva June 5, 2012 at 5:21 pm

I use your pancake recipes most Saturday mornings because they use the whole egg. You are my goto for quick satisfying pancake Saturdays. I’m still working up the courage to try oats minus the oats :)

clare @ fittingitallin June 5, 2012 at 5:22 pm

My box is doing a paleo challenge right now to! I am going to share these with everyone

Georgia June 5, 2012 at 5:38 pm

I’m doing the streak but counting 30 minutes to 60 minute walks interspersed with my running plan. I know that running in and of itself wouldn’t work for me in this heat and with a baby.

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily June 5, 2012 at 5:54 pm

So many things I want to make!!!
    Beef and Broccoli is always my go to dish if we go out somewhere, but I bet an at home version would be so much better for me :)

Bianca June 5, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Mmm, I love paleo/primal food! Breakfast egg ‘muffins’ are my favourite. Just mix eggs, veggies, sausage/bacon/meat, veggies and pour into muffin tins and bake in the oven at 350. Perfect for on the go and topped with cheese ;) .

Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness June 5, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Love these recipes, so many choices to try! As of late I’ve been loving roasted carrots covered in avocado! Could eat it all day long. I also love PaleOMG’s website for Paleo recipes. Her meals are always great!

Sara June 5, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Just FYI–most protein powders and many sausages are not paleo. Please encourage your readers to read ingredient labels carefully.

Trisha June 5, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I don’t follow a Paleo diet but I’m definitely bookmarking this page since so many of these look so yummy!

Sarah @ RunningChickago.com June 5, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Okay, I have a dumb question for you! I’ve seen a lot of Paleo recipes, but have no idea what it means for something to be “Paleo”…I tried googling it a while ago and couldn’t find something that described it well. Can you help me out let me know what it means? These recipes look delish!!

Tina June 5, 2012 at 7:47 pm

@Sarah @ RunningChickago.com: It’s not a dumb question at all. Check out this post by Robb Wolf for an explanation: http://robbwolf.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet/ He lays out what to eat and what to avoid if you do Paleo.

Lea June 5, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Paleo for me is going outside and picking a handful or two of blueberries, a juicy apple straight from the tree, followed by some lovely wild greens like purslane or chickweed.

B @ Crags and Veggies June 5, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I love paleo muffins! So great to make sweets without all the carbs!

Catalina @ Cake with Love June 5, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Everything looks delicious, but those OMG Pancakes and the potato wedges are calling my name!

AllieNic @ Frisky Lemon June 5, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I love me some lemon chili chicken with guacamole and the occasional paleo banana walnut chocolate chip muffin!

Im a paleo recipe blogger and paleo and holistic nutrition counselor– head on over to my blog, frisky lemon, for lots more recipes and ideas!

Hope your challenge is going well! Let me know if you have any paleo nutrition questions– I’d be more than happy to support you!

Whitney @ Whit Likes Fit June 5, 2012 at 8:43 pm

I would like to eat all of those things right now.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers June 5, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Oh yum! Everything looks so good and I mean good! I need to learn more about Paleo!

Cait's Plate June 5, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Loved this!!

Alyssa (pb and oatmeal) June 5, 2012 at 9:03 pm

All the breakfast foods look quite tasty :)

Natalie @ FreshLifeFindings June 5, 2012 at 9:35 pm

I love making your avocado egg salad- it’s so good for a healthier version of egg salad. I like that you only ever did parts of the paleo diet, I don’t think I could ever be committed to the full diet! I love a good drink every once in a while :)

Anna June 5, 2012 at 9:38 pm

I made some Coconut Almond Chicken tonight..it was delicious!

Ashley @ coffee cake and cardio June 5, 2012 at 9:47 pm

This is great Tina! Thanks for posting these!

Christina June 5, 2012 at 9:51 pm

mmmm those recipes look divine! ill be making the protein pancakes soon :)

Lindsay June 5, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I can’t wait to try those muffins! Thanks for the Paleo post inspiration! This recipe is far from Paleo, but I mentioned it awhile ago and a few readers asked me about it, so I’m posting the link to Cheap and Easy Shrimp Bisque (not my own, found the inspiration on pinterest) because I finally have returned from our trip to Cambodia;) Nothing more comforting than coming back home to your own kitchen!! : http://rlcraboda.blogspot.kr/2012/06/cajun-feast-on-cheap-pinterest.html

luv what you do June 5, 2012 at 11:03 pm

I made your OMG!Pancakes and I LOVE them. Can’t wait to whip up another batch soon!

Laura Dickerson June 6, 2012 at 12:12 am

Ahh thank you SO MUCH – this couldn’t have been a more perfectly timed post! I’m starting a paleo challenge next week and was just starting to compile things for my grocery shop on Sunday!

Tiffany June 6, 2012 at 1:29 am

I tried the lettuce wrap tonight. I thought the hubs would turn his nose up at it, even though its virtually eating salad a different way. It was pretty good. Oh yeah, I’m now loving protein pancakes, too! We loooove “pannacakes”, I just had to find a better version I can eat more often. Thanks!

Kelly @ My Love Affair With Running June 6, 2012 at 3:58 am

I am trying out Paleo-friendly Thai fishcakes tonight! With some home-made chilli dipping sauce on the side. Yum. I will be adding your recipes to my collection, thanks :)

Helen (QueenofBiscuits on twitter) June 6, 2012 at 3:58 am

Great co-incidence, 5 minutes ago opened fridge and thought hmm broccoli and steak left. Now we are going to try Gingery Broccoli and Beef for supper. Sounds delicious, my husband is thanking you already!

magda June 6, 2012 at 4:06 am

The recipes look fantastic. I need to try the avocado egg salad really soon :) Thanks to your blog I got a bit into primal/paleo lifestyle. For now, I don’t think I can ditch all dairy (mmm… cheese and Greek yogurt). I also have a beer or a glass of wine every now and then and don’t think too much about it. But I can’t believe how much better I feel not eating grains and legumes. I didn’t believe it until I tried myself!

So far, my favorite paleo recipe are sausage stuffed apples – http://tgipaleo.com/2012/04/15/sausage-stuffed-apples/

I could eat them everyday :)

Shannon @ A Pinch of Ginger June 6, 2012 at 6:49 am

My box just finished our 30 day Paleo Challenge! My favorite recipe of ours is zucchini stuffed with its filling, ground beef, sausage and sundried tomatoes! Its on our dinner menu this week and I’ll have to share with you!

PS the CrossFit bug has totally bitten me too and I’m so hooked :)

mary @ minutespermile June 6, 2012 at 9:07 am

yum! thanks for sharing.

Kevin June 29, 2012 at 8:55 am

these are outstanding! thanks so much!!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva June 29, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Thanks for sharing this!!! those muffins look awesome

Patricia October 30, 2012 at 7:31 am

I love anything to do with Avocado :) Will try out your Dry Rub Steak with Avocado Salsa

IraBraceloff August 8, 2013 at 2:20 am

Great list of recipes!!! As the first phase i would like to try “Sweet Potato Wedges, Green Smoothie & Shrimp and Avocado Omelet” I have decided seeing upon the pictures. I will back again to tell you how it was.

austin wighaman November 25, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Very good post! We will be linking too this great artticle on oour site.
    Keepp up the good writing.