• Nuts for Nut Butter

June 28, 2012

It’s probably no surprise I love nut butter. I mean, you guys see how much of it I eat on CNC. I basically plow through about a jar in one week all by myself (ok, maybe 1.5 jars). Mal might eat a serving or two, but, typically, I dominate the jar. What can I say, I am nuts for nut butter!

Breakfast

Mal (surprisingly) finished off the jar of Teddie Peanut Butter yesterday afternoon, so I used the nearly-empty jar for Overnight Oats in a Jar. In the mix: rolled oats, almond milk, cottage cheese, and fresh blueberries.

2012-06-28_1525

After breakfast, I spent a few hours working and then Mal and I took Murphy to the dog park.

Do you want to go for a ride in the car to the park?

Snack

My breakfast didn’t hold me over very well this morning, so I mixed up an iced coffee with protein powder and almond milk as a mid-morning snack.

Janetha recently hooked me up with a new protein powder from fitmixer that I’m absolutely loving. The flavor sorts of reminds me of vanilla cake. It’s so delicious!

Mal, Murph, and I had a nice time at the park. It was a beautiful day!

2012-06-28_1525_001

Our trip to the park was a success because Murphy was totally pooped on the ride home.

Lunch

When I got home, I threw together a quick lunch: scrambled eggs with kale and mozzarella.

I also ate a couple of handfuls of almonds as I walked out the door to drive to NuVal.

NuVal recently moved to a bigger and nicer building. It’s gorgeous inside!

Snack

After spending a few hours at NuVal, I headed home and made an afternoon snack, which was a sliced banana with granola, dried cranberries, and a big scoop of peanut butter. It hit the spot.

What food are you “nuts” about? You know, the food that you eat a lot of and totally love it.

P.S. Local dog owners: On Sunday (7/1), a food truck for dogs is coming to the SoWa Open Market in the South End. Fun! Murphy really wants to go! For more info: http://www.sowaopenmarket.com/special-events/

Sarah @ Learning to Feed Yourself June 28, 2012 at 9:49 pm

I am in love with peanut butter and also bananas! I rarely go a day without peanut butter, though.

Also, I go crazy for any fruit in general really. I can never have enough fruit.

Joelle (on a pink typewriter) June 28, 2012 at 10:20 pm

I’d say pancakes, sweet potatoes, iced tea (I guess that’s not really a food), and peanut butter. :)

Natalie @ FreshLifeFindings June 28, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Yum all the savory foods on this post are making me hungry! I could eat apples everyday and never get tired of them.

Hillary V June 28, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Do you know / follow any good paleo food blogs?

Stacey June 29, 2012 at 10:52 am

Hillary, Megan at http://munchercruncher.blogspot.com/ has been following a paleo diet for quite some time. She recently did a post about her daily eats.

Lindsay @ Fuel My Family June 28, 2012 at 10:29 pm

At the moment I am devouring some watermelons at a quick rate!

Julia H. @ Going Gulia June 28, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I’ve always liked peanut butter, but never went through jars that quickly. Then I was introduced to Trader Joe’s Roasted Almond Butter w/ Flax Seeds, and that was that–I plow through a jar of that in a week by myself! I don’t think I can ever eat plain Jiffy peanut butter again. This almond butter just takes things to another level!

Ellie@Fit for the Soul June 28, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I dub you the QUEEN OF NUT BUTTERS! 1.5 jars is kind of amazing, haha. I looove love SSB and PB! I always always eat bananas too!

Alex June 28, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I love Greek yogurt! I will find anything and everything to mix in it – I would eat it for every meal if I could. Maybe it’s a food phase?

Lynda @ Sun.Sweat.Run. June 28, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I have also become obsessed with nut butter. I love PB but recently have become addicted to almond butter. It is starting to get out of control.

Debbie June 28, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Mal has smokin’ hot guns. Just sayin. :)

Vanessa G June 28, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I am SUPER OBSESSED with peanut butter!!! I eat a jar a week. I honestly think its a sad day without it. I’m also obsessed with oatmeal, sweet potatoes, and ice cream….I must have them everyday!

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction June 28, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I’m nuts for YOGURT! Surprise, surprise! I also LOVE peanut butter, banana chips and watermelon!

Laura @ She Eats Well June 28, 2012 at 11:41 pm

I’m with you. I’m nuts for nut butter. Glad to know you go through a jar or jar and a half a week…me too. I totally heart Trader Joes raw almond butter – all time fave!

Lynn @ the actor's diet June 28, 2012 at 11:49 pm

As anyone who reads my blog knows, I eat a lot of melon and tootsie pops.

Food For Beauty June 29, 2012 at 12:32 am

Wow, I could go on and on! I am one of those girls that goes on kicks, one week I will love something and eat it ALOT and than I can’t even look at it. Right now it is probably Kale Chips, so yum, rainer cherries and raw vegan chocolate… I love nut butter too! Have you tried pecan or walnut, depending on what you mix it with it tastes like cookie dough. I can’t keep it in the house…

Nicole

caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 29, 2012 at 12:33 am

Murphy is totally adorable! i’m actually nuts about nuts too! i love almonds, macadamias and cashews! yum yum yum!

Khushboo Thadani June 29, 2012 at 1:32 am

Eggs & yogurt- both are definitely kitchen staples for me!

Kelly @ My love affair with running June 29, 2012 at 1:34 am

I am nuts about bananas! I eat at least 2 a day…

Kristy Doyle June 29, 2012 at 8:54 am

Eggs! Between Zach and I, we go through at least a dozen eggs every week, and a carton of egg whites.

Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves June 29, 2012 at 9:28 am

I finished a jar of almond butter in 3 days. Oops. I definitely need to cut back. I’m nuts about avocadoes, too. I guess I love my fats!

Heidi June 29, 2012 at 9:49 am

I’ve been tearing through nut butter, too. I’ve been mixing it with plain Greek yogurt and using it as a dip for fruit. Delicious! :)

Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson June 29, 2012 at 10:34 am

Any kind of nut butter. I am obessed! I eat peanut butter almost everyday but I certainly won’t pass up almond butter, or any other kind of nut butter.

Kelly@ChowDaily June 29, 2012 at 11:01 am

I absolutely LOVE crunchy peanut butter, my roommates make fun of me and say I could literally live off of it. Recently I’ve tried to slow down on it though because I was eating too much haha. I really want to try the Teddy nut butter, but haven’t gotten over to whole foods to pick up a jar- I know if I go in there I’ll end up wanting more stuff and spending WAY too much money (the prices are sky-high). I am also nuts about pistachio’s (unsalted). I love just relaxing on the couch and having this snack.

Alissa Jo June 29, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Peanut butter, nutella…watermelon…ranch wheat thins….I love it all!!

kim June 29, 2012 at 9:59 pm

You should write a series of dog training posts!
    I just adopted a pug/boston terrier and she’s the best but has some odd behaviors.

Ashley August 1, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Amazing how many of us want free stuff!! :0)