It’s my birthday! I’m 32 years old young today!
I have to admit, 31 wasn’t my favorite year, especially compared to the year before. Thirty was a big year for me: I ran a marathon, bought a house, and wrote a book, so it’s not surprising that 31 had a tough time living up to it. Plus, a bunch of not-so-great things happened last year. But, what doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger, and I learned a lot of important life lessons from those experiences:
Nothing is more important than your health.
Stop working so damn much and spend time with those who you love.
Real life is always better than anything you find on the Internet.
Even though I didn’t love 31, the majority of the year was awesome and tons of wonderful things happened:
- Enjoyed a super awesome week-long cruise
- Ran my second marathon
- Discovered CrossFit
- Redecorated my home office
- Joined Team Off Balance for Reach the Beach
- Attended the 3rd Annual Healthy Living Summit
- Had lunch with Ellie Krieger
- Took a ski trip to Mount Baker
- Enjoyed two days on Chebeague Island with Mal
- Got my NASM certification
- Watched a bunch of my friends get married
- Attended the Saratoga Brewfest
- PR-ed at a couple of races (10K & half marathon)
- Saw Ellen DeGeneres in Boston
- Celebrated three years of marriage
- Hosted an epic pig roast in our backyard
- Spent a week on Cape Cod with my family
- Attended the Dole Healthy Lifestyles Summit
Here’s to 32 being the best year of my life!
Question of the Day
What has been the best age/year of your life?